SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #18931
discombobulation
Decrepit Banana

Rep Power: 12 discombobulation has a spectacular aura aboutdiscombobulation has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
You've gotten really skinny from what I remember but it may be the lack of cranial & facial hair. Pretty sure it's you in better shape, though!
I think it's evidence of changes involved with this drastic thing called "growing out of death metal to some extent"

:derp

/collaredshirtswag

I should really get a photo up here of me in 'professional' attire hahahah. So different.
discombobulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #18932
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

Rep Power: 17 Cognitive Defeat will become famous soon enoughCognitive Defeat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by discombobulation View Post

I should really get a photo up here of me in 'professional' attire hahahah. So different.
Please tell me you own the suit from your avatar.
Cognitive Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #18933
Skeetsystem
Liam Neesons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognitive Defeat View Post
I cycle
ololo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindYourMind View Post
I'm going to start using the term "engineering major metal"
Plz do. So many nerds gone unchecked.
Skeetsystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #18934
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

Rep Power: 17 Cognitive Defeat will become famous soon enoughCognitive Defeat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetsystem View Post
ololo

Que?

Genuine follow up question to the death/ black metal thing:

Do you go to death/ black metal shows regularly? If so do you get any shit from homophobic metalheads? I'm just curious.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #18935
Skeetsystem
Liam Neesons

Quote:
Que?
I just feel there's a difference between riding a bike and being a cyclist.

Quote:
Do you go to death/ black metal shows regularly? If so do you get any shit from homophobic metalheads? I'm just curious.
A handful every year...no one seems to say shit. Someone from an Immortal concert like 2 years ago posted they wanted to dome me up on some imageboard. I think the only time any one said shit was this beaner metal show years ago. Dude was drunk as piss as it was a beaner metal show and he was trying to have a clandestine conversation with his buddy how I liked dick because I was wearing a rainbow bracelet.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #18936
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

Quote:
I just feel there's a difference between riding a bike and being a cyclist.
Right, I said I cycle, not that I'm a cyclist. With work commutes and leisure riding I probably do an average of about 40 miles per week. Nothing hardcore but it contributes to my cardio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetsystem
A handful every year...no one seems to say shit. Someone from an Immortal concert like 2 years ago posted they wanted to dome me up on some imageboard. I think the only time any one said shit was this beaner metal show years ago. Dude was drunk as piss as it was a beaner metal show and he was trying to have a clandestine conversation with his buddy how I liked dick because I was wearing a rainbow bracelet.
Fair enough. I've found/ known certain people to be pretty intolerant. I've personally been blanked by people who were happy to chat to friends of mine, just because I don't rock the long hair and black shirts these days.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #18937
Skeetsystem
Liam Neesons

Quote:
Right, I said I cycle, not that I'm a cyclist. With work commutes and leisure riding I probably do an average of about 40 miles per week. Nothing hardcore but it contributes to my cardio.
The nomenclature trickles down; if you don't have cleats and a bike computer (and a cassette, imo) you're just not cutting it. You're a bike rider riding a bike. You're not cycling.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #18938
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

Quote:
The nomenclature trickles down; if you don't have cleats and a bike computer (and a cassette, imo) you're just not cutting it. You're a bike rider riding a bike. You're not cycling.
I've got a bike computer but whatevz. I'm a person that sits on a two wheeled, non-automotive contraption in order to move from place to place.

I'd like to get into mountain/ off-road biking though. Road biking doesn't attract me at all. I've only got a hardtail with front forks at the moment, but I'm hoping to try out some gnarlier woodland riding during the summer. Might try hiring out a full suspension bike before committing to buying anything though.

Last edited by Cognitive Defeat; 06-17-2012 at 05:26 PM..
Old 06-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #18939
Skeetsystem
Liam Neesons

No, again, you're a bike rider riding a bike. No need to get all weird and act like there's no terminology we haven't been using for decades before every hardon started to co-opt the term a few years ago.

Also, road biking usually doesn't attract people because it requires real work. Mountain biking is for anyone who wants to look uber straight (dicksucking sunglasses, cargo shorts, camelback backpacks, huge suspension forks, disc brakes ololo) but put minimal effort into the actual fitness aspect of it. Most of MTBing is mashing up granny hills for a few seconds and spend the rest of the time riding downhill and focusing on staying on trail. The maneuvering prowess is kind of impressive but there's zero fitness in it.

Cyclocross is the real deal when it comes to off-road, but again--real work.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #18940
Javi
Bring Them Down!

Quote:

I did the LA 2012 Naked Bike Ride today. Public nudity=conquered. Trying to get liberal arts girl to understand what a subscript is=failed.
Heh, found out about the yesterday I believe. Maybe I'll do that next year but probably not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by discombobulation View Post
I think it's evidence of changes involved with this drastic thing called "growing out of death metal to some extent"

:derp

/collaredshirtswag

I was in better shape when I was more metal haha.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #18941
Javi
Bring Them Down!

Quote:
I'd like to get into mountain/ off-road biking though. Road biking doesn't attract me at all. I've only got a hardtail with front forks at the moment, but I'm hoping to try out some gnarlier woodland riding during the summer. Might try hiring out a full suspension bike before committing to buying anything though.
Hell yeah. I've been wanting to mountain bike for many years but there's always somethin' keeping me from buying my bike. Past year 1/2 it's been firearms$$. I want a hard tail to start for some reason:

Skeet: People do ride bicycles for fun too, fyi. I just want to go fast.

Last edited by Javi; 06-17-2012 at 09:46 PM..
Old 06-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #18942
discombobulation
Decrepit Banana

Rep Power: 12 discombobulation has a spectacular aura aboutdiscombobulation has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Please tell me you own the suit from your avatar.
Holy shit, I'd need far more cash and far more seniority before I could get away with walking onto a ward in a white suit.

Added to bucket list though hahahahaha.
discombobulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #18943
Skeetsystem
Liam Neesons

Quote:
Skeet: People do ride bicycles for fun too, fyi.
Most of them don't have pubes yet.

Quote:
I just want to go fast.
This not fast enough?

Old 06-18-2012, 01:17 AM   #18944
rfe
u what m8

Pic of the band in my sig. I'm wearing the Wormed tshirt.
rfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:13 AM   #18945
modern death
Hails

Always interesting to me when there's a band where only some members adorn leather kvlt stuff.
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #18946
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

Quote:

Mountain biking is for anyone who wants to look uber straight (dicksucking sunglasses, cargo shorts, camelback backpacks, huge suspension forks, disc brakes ololo)
Fuck yeah bro!

Also, if I run to catch a bus but forget to wear a GPS watch with heart rate monitor am I not allowed to call it running? Just a little confused here.

Last edited by Cognitive Defeat; 06-18-2012 at 01:20 PM..
Old 06-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #18947
Javi
Bring Them Down!

Complement a guy on his weight loss and skeet goes on a rant on what 'cyclist' means lol. What the hell?
I hope I don't find skeet hanging around a local bike shop. Headache will induce =/
Old 06-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #18948
Skeetsystem
Liam Neesons

Quote:
Also, if I run to catch a bus but forget to wear a GPS watch with heart rate monitor am I not allowed to call it running? Just a little confused here.
Different connotation there. Appreciate the amount of insecurity you're putting into this though.

Quote:
Complement a guy on his weight loss and skeet goes on a rant on what 'cyclist' means lol. What the hell?
I hope I don't find skeet hanging around a local bike shop. Headache will induce =/
I don't "hang around." I'm a short skinny guy with a tan--you can tell I ride road seriously so conversations are usually short and sweet and I'm in and out. This is all #justsayin
Old 06-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #18949
_Hez_
Hez

I hate cyclists. I eagerly await for the day when I'll be driving down beach road and some cyclist with his goober outfit thinks he can just throw himself onto my lane instead of indicating before changing lanes like vehicles do, so I'll have no choice but to give him a lesson in humility when he feels the full force of two and a half tonnes. Also, fuck cyclists riding on the nepean highway, they have a huge footpath with no driveways impeding cyclist safety, yet they'd rather be douches and hold up vehicles on the highway.
Disgusting garbage creatures, the lot of you.
_Hez_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:58 AM   #18950
FreshFlesh
LongLiveTheNewFlesh

Rep Power: 9 FreshFlesh has a spectacular aura aboutFreshFlesh has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
The nomenclature trickles down
FreshFlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:17 AM   #18951
Oleg
mayhemafterdeath

welp, there goes another page ruined by skeet with his pr0isms.
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:55 AM   #18952
Oleg
mayhemafterdeath

to redeem the thread, here's zac in action

Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:10 AM   #18953
imbutawaveto
NIGGA GUNK

Rep Power: 16 imbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura about
God damn it. Here's broleg and I in action.

imbutawaveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #18954
De Profoundis
۞CC♆LTIST

Rep Power: 22 De Profoundis is just really niceDe Profoundis is just really niceDe Profoundis is just really niceDe Profoundis is just really niceDe Profoundis is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbutawaveto View Post

Very powerful men.
De Profoundis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #18955
DrippingInsanity

Rep Power: 19 DrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
to redeem the thread, here's zac in action

Quote:

Doesn't look like much 'action' is going on.

Last edited by DrippingInsanity; 06-19-2012 at 12:32 PM..
DrippingInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #18956
Darcangelo
Nigger trance.

Quote:
Why so sexy?
Darcangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #18957
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

DOUBLE POST BROWSER FAIL.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #18958
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

Quote:
Different connotation there. Appreciate the amount of insecurity you're putting into this though.
I appreciate your appreciation.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #18959
hasu
عذاب النبي

hasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #18960
AntŠos

Rep Power: 20 AntŠos will become famous soon enoughAntŠos will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Most of MTBing is mashing up granny hills for a few seconds and spend the rest of the time riding downhill and focusing on staying on trail. The maneuvering prowess is kind of impressive but there's zero fitness in it.
That is too fucking hilarious. You sound like one of those assholes that start fights and claim to "train UFC". You should try doing some MTB at some point, it might change your mind.

Also, stop trying to impress some internet audience with your feigned arrogance, it's beyond ridiculous.
AntŠos is offline   Reply With Quote