SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 07:28 AM   #16561
Szadou
#GlitterTearsCoterie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten_second_infinity View Post
too hard
Always.
Szadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #16562
Nökkvi
Haltu Kjafti

From the show last night. I fucking broke the Kramer in some drunk rampage after the show. Fuck my life.
Nökkvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:37 PM   #16563
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

:(breaking a kramer is always THE worst idea
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:05 PM   #16564
Nökkvi
Haltu Kjafti

I have no idea if this can be fixed
Old 07-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #16565
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

get a new neck I guess. ebay maybe?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:45 PM   #16566
epitaph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nökkvi View Post

I have no idea if this can be fixed
No worries, as long as you can find a good luthier.
These type of broken headstocks are common especially in Gibsons.

I'm not sure if that's a low or a mid-end Kramer, depending on the value you should probably look into a new neck just in case.
epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #16567
Nökkvi
Haltu Kjafti

thanks

This Kramer is not valuable, only sentimental value.

& goddamn, Kramer necks are expensive as fuck
Old 07-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #16568
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

they are not the most popular guitars out there I guess.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #16569
Annoying Forum Cunt

Rep Power: 0 Annoying Forum Cunt is an unknown quantity at this point
Kramers are cool though. When I first started playing, I had a Samick that was shitty. Then my buddy got a Kramer strat style that played nicely. Beginner guitar ftw
Annoying Forum Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #16570
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl

Rep Power: 20 Lichtbringer has a spectacular aura aboutLichtbringer has a spectacular aura aboutLichtbringer has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltarsofMadness6 View Post
Lol I'm a fag cause I buy apple products but you're in a metalcore band. Suck it licht.
You buy useless products which are designed for faggots.
Lichtbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #16571
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

Old 07-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #16572
epitaph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nökkvi View Post
thanks

This Kramer is not valuable, only sentimental value.

& goddamn, Kramer necks are expensive as fuck
And to add in, here's an example of what good luthiers are capable of:

http://www.andyviccarscustom.co.uk/explorer.php

I'm not aware of the common prices for such repairs though. They can be surprisingly high occasionally.
epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #16573
Popegina
Lactation Consultant

I went to the Pacific Ocean and the Olympic National Rainforest this weekend and here's some pics:

Popegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:40 AM   #16574
The Midnight Rider
#TYBG

Olympic National Forest is so fucking rad, especially in the fall/winter

when I come home for the holidays, I want to go up there, put on some flannel, do some shrooms and tromp around the wilderness while I listen to Wolves In The The Throne Room
The Midnight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #16575
imbutawaveto
NIGGA GUNK

Rep Power: 16 imbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichtbringer View Post
You buy useless products which are designed for faggots.
Yeah. iPhone is completely useless, a phone that does everything really well. And iPad is useless as fuck cause who needs a convenient Internet/music/map/aim/email/game/word processing device that's not only good looking and light, but also fast. You're right. Useless and for faggots.
imbutawaveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:52 AM   #16576
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl

Rep Power: 20 Lichtbringer has a spectacular aura aboutLichtbringer has a spectacular aura aboutLichtbringer has a spectacular aura about
You summed it up perfectly. No one needs that shit. Except you've been tricked into believing you actually do.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #16577
Szadou
#GlitterTearsCoterie

Quote:
And iPad is useless as fuck cause who needs a convenient Internet/music/map/aim/email/game/word processing device that's not only good looking and light, but also fast. You're right. Useless and for faggots.
Too bad you can't do more than one of those things at once, lol.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:56 AM   #16578
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

talking about obscure devices:

this thing is fun
Old 07-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #16579
SixStringTorment
SkullFullOfFaggots

im really curious if the ipaid(2much) will just disappear after the hype is over
SixStringTorment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:55 AM   #16580
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

from what I can tell all the hype is basically just propaganda. altars is the first guy I´ve heard say that this thing doesn´t suck.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #16581
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl

Obviously a faggot retarded enough to buy that shit would never admit to himself or others he's wasted all that money.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #16582
serocs
>implying

Quote:
iPad is useless as fuck cause who needs a convenient Internet/music/map/aim/email/game/word processing device that's not only good looking and light, but also fast. You're right. Useless and for faggots.
so its basically a big iPhone?

don't get me wrong. i like apple, ive used macs my whole life, since i was a little kid, and the iphone and ipod are also pretty useful

but the fucking iPad is the worst ripoff ever, and im pretty sure its gonna die fast
serocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #16583
discombobulation
Decrepit Banana

Rep Power: 12 discombobulation has a spectacular aura aboutdiscombobulation has a spectacular aura about
You know I'm an apple fanboi at heart, but their latest products have been subpar. I was talking shit about the iPad from the day it was announced.

Multitasking is coming with iOS4 (can't remember when but it's pretty soon), so the only thing it REALLY lacks is a camera. Obviously it's not a full OSX (which is what I was initially hoping for), but the truth is that a fullblown OS is absolute shit with a touchscreen interface. Flash is a pretty shitty codec, and HTML5 videos just run much better on mobile devices. Clean implementation and no bullshit, it's a pain for everyone to change standards, but I'm glad that Apple has the clout to push for it. It's like when they chose to omit the floppy drive or add the USB ahead of the curve.

So anyway, I was underwhelmed with the iPad, but fuck. After playing around with it, it just makes sense. On paper the specs don't look great, but when you browse with it or play around with any of the apps you're sold.

There was a table with some iPads on display, no instructions or anything just the pricetag. These 2 kids as tall as the table were fucking around, not just fingerpainting, but switching apps, typing documents, dropping in pictures resizing them and rearranging them, browsing the web. No instructions, just pure intuitive interface.

Also, web/video/news on that device is just glorious. I think web browsing is often far better than browsing on the computer (if they developed a slicker tabbed browsing implementation then it would just devastate).

Cherry on the top? Korg Electribe, the whole damn thing on the iPad. I was just mesmerised, laying down beats and warping the sounds. There's no doubt that the app developers stuffing shit onto the appstore show more potential than any other platform (including major OS's). And I'm also sold because medical apps on a large screen (like diagnostic radiographic images or anatomy illustrations) will fucking rule, and perhaps act as a screen for portable ultrasound etcetc. with a dock connector add-on.

As cliche as it sounds, I wouldn't talk shit about it until you've played around with it in person for a little while.

Oh and I'm seriously considering a 20" iMac and an iPad combo for uni, as a replacement for my 17" Macbook Pro... it would cost about the same, and I would actually carry the iPad around everywhere (instead of the 17" which is largely left on my desk at home). Poorer battery life with the Macbook Pro, and honestly, you NEVER need to edit Final Cut Pro or play games on the go (Alienware lappies are fucking stupid - 30 minute battery life = awesome fo sho).

Promise to take a picture of myself melting in the Hong Kong summer sun to compensate for unrelated rant in thread.

Last edited by discombobulation; 07-19-2010 at 12:16 PM..
discombobulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #16584
entwinedwithsickness
almost human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrogar View Post

don't get me wrong. i like apple, ive used macs my whole life, since i was a little kid, and the iphone and ipod are also pretty useful

but the fucking iPad is the worst ripoff ever, and im pretty sure its gonna die fast
Its an overgrown iphone/ipod touch. Good for what it is, yes..necessary? Probably not, not at that price. Even the 16GB wifi only model is overpriced.
entwinedwithsickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #16585
imbutawaveto
NIGGA GUNK

Rep Power: 16 imbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindmasterflesh View Post
from what I can tell all the hype is basically just propaganda. altars is the first guy I´ve heard say that this thing doesn´t suck.
how many people do you know that have actually used one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrogar View Post

again, and i hate to keep using the same argument but, have you actually used one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwinedwithsickness View Post
Its an overgrown iphone/ipod touch. Good for what it is, yes..necessary? Probably not, not at that price. Even the 16GB wifi only model is overpriced.
really? overpriced? think about it this way, the 16gb iPod touch (which doesn't exist anymore) used to be $299. for a screen that's 6" larger and with a much faster processor you have to pay 200 bucks more. its really not that much.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #16586
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

Quote:
how many people do you know that have actually used one?
not that many but considering we are required to use mac in my school and like half of my class own an iPhone and everyone at least one mac I thought their opinions might be credible.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #16587
imbutawaveto
NIGGA GUNK

Quote:
not that many but considering we are required to use mac in my school and like half of my class own an iPhone and everyone at least one mac I thought their opinions might be credible.
thats awesome, but do they own iPads?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #16588
Szadou
#GlitterTearsCoterie

Quote:
we are required to use mac in my school
Seems like the gayest school ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discombobulation View Post
Multitasking is coming with iOS4 (can't remember when but it's pretty soon), so the only thing it REALLY lacks is a camera. Obviously it's not a full OSX (which is what I was initially hoping for), but the truth is that a fullblown OS is absolute shit with a touchscreen interface.
Win7 works pretty tits on a tablet. Shit, people were saying the same nonsense when Nokia started putting Symbian on phones, it's not gonna work on a phone and yadda yadda. Guess what happened?

Quote:
Flash is a pretty shitty codec, and HTML5 videos just run much better on mobile devices. Clean implementation and no bullshit, it's a pain for everyone to change standards, but I'm glad that Apple has the clout to push for it. It's like when they chose to omit the floppy drive or add the USB ahead of the curve.
The HTML5 video codec is not that great, it's the same shit just with no need for extra codecs for ya browser. It's really just Apple being retarded, that and they're sticking it to Adobe.

Quote:
There was a table with some iPads on display, no instructions or anything just the pricetag. These 2 kids as tall as the table were fucking around, not just fingerpainting, but switching apps, typing documents, dropping in pictures resizing them and rearranging them, browsing the web. No instructions, just pure intuitive interface.
Most kids nowadays can use a computer, you know? It's not 1991.

Quote:
Also, web/video/news on that device is just glorious. I think web browsing is often far better than browsing on the computer (if they developed a slicker tabbed browsing implementation then it would just devastate).
Same as on any netbook/tablet, except with Opera and Firefox on a Win7 tablet you can actually do whatever the fuck you want with it thanks to zillions of gadgetwidgetplugins.

Quote:
Oh and I'm seriously considering a 20" iMac and an iPad combo for uni, as a replacement for my 17" Macbook Pro... it would cost about the same, and I would actually carry the iPad around everywhere (instead of the 17" which is largely left on my desk at home). Poorer battery life with the Macbook Pro, and honestly, you NEVER need to edit Final Cut Pro or play games on the go (Alienware lappies are fucking stupid - 30 minute battery life = awesome fo sho)..
Or you can just, you know, buy a multi-touch tablet/laptop (like a Lenovo ThinkPad or something) and actually have a useful device instead of a sleekly designed paperweight with a touchscreen.

Last edited by Szadou; 07-19-2010 at 02:39 PM..
Old 07-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #16589
serocs
>implying

Quote:
again, and i hate to keep using the same argument but, have you actually used one?
yes i have. WHAT NOW, BIG IPHONER
serocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #16590
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

Quote:
thats awesome, but do they own iPads?
no, solely macbooks, imacs and macbook pros. I got me a macbook pro and I really like it. good machine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadwhore
Seems like the gayest school ever.
It is