SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Between The Buried And Me > General Chat

Old 07-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
Pwnsauce

Pwnsauce is on a distinguished road
BREAKING BAD SEASON 5

FLDHSAGLAS
Old 07-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
Deathface
Old

Deathface is on a distinguished road
Walt being all bad ass as fuck!! Loved the premier! Still trying to wrap my head around the opening, that threw me off. Usually when they start off with a scene later in the storyline they make their way back to it in the same episode, but not in this episode. Might be some one eyed teddy bear/pool type shit.
Deathface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:01 AM   #3
mcweezlestein

mcweezlestein is on a distinguished road
Can't wait to see him fuck someone up with that LMG.
mcweezlestein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
v2kv
BUGU

v2kv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathface View Post
Walt being all bad ass as fuck!! Loved the premier! Still trying to wrap my head around the opening, that threw me off. Usually when they start off with a scene later in the storyline they make their way back to it in the same episode, but not in this episode. Might be some one eyed teddy bear/pool type shit.
I feel like the show will end, somewhere around that timeline.

v2kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
MustangMan311
Very Original Avatar

MustangMan311 is on a distinguished road
Really stoked for this season. Not stoked that I have to start waiting again only seven weeks from now.
The SMNNews forums are full of disgruntled wannabe hardcore kids that don't have the brain power to follow the newer Proggy songs, which infuriates their simpleton brain, which causes them to bach the only thing they know: BTBAM. And eachother.

MustangMan311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:22 AM   #6
pumpkinsfan460
87 Hetfield

pumpkinsfan460 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2kv View Post
I feel like the show will end, somewhere around that timeline.
Agreed. What's really crazy is that the show at its current timeline has only been a year total since the pilot episode. My guess is that the cold-open scene with Walt being 52 is either where the second half of this season begins or right around where it ends. Either way, it's nuts that seasons 1-4 took around a year total, when most likely the first half of the last season will take a year or the whole season will take around a year.
pumpkinsfan460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
Durchfall

Durchfall is on a distinguished road
how many episodes are there going to be in this entire season again something like 16 or 18 split into two per section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipants View Post
If he goes down on one knee it's a fail
If she goes down on two it's a win
Durchfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
v2kv
BUGU

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinsfan460 View Post
Agreed. What's really crazy is that the show at its current timeline has only been a year total since the pilot episode. My guess is that the cold-open scene with Walt being 52 is either where the second half of this season begins or right around where it ends. Either way, it's nuts that seasons 1-4 took around a year total, when most likely the first half of the last season will take a year or the whole season will take around a year.
I didn't know all this stuff about the episodes, so that kind of changes everything. Whoa.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
Pwnsauce

Pwnsauce is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durchfall View Post
how many episodes are there going to be in this entire season again something like 16 or 18 split into two per section?

8/8
Old 07-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #10
MustangMan311
Very Original Avatar

Apparently the 4th episode of this season is titled Fifty-One, so it should be the year mark for the series. Not sure if the 52 in bacon referenced Walt's actual birthday or the fake's birthday, but we'll see. He was called Mr. Lambert by the server, and Lambert is apparently Skyler's maiden name, so that's interesting.
The SMNNews forums are full of disgruntled wannabe hardcore kids that don't have the brain power to follow the newer Proggy songs, which infuriates their simpleton brain, which causes them to bach the only thing they know: BTBAM. And eachother.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #11
bobbydanger
MASTERLOCK

bobbydanger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathface View Post
Might be some one eyed teddy bear/pool type shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
haha you win at life
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh Mazn View Post
chriz, you are the most worthless poster here. lol.

bobbydanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #12
pumpkinsfan460
87 Hetfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan311 View Post
Apparently the 4th episode of this season is titled Fifty-One, so it should be the year mark for the series. Not sure if the 52 in bacon referenced Walt's actual birthday or the fake's birthday, but we'll see. He was called Mr. Lambert by the server, and Lambert is apparently Skyler's maiden name, so that's interesting.
I have a feeling he kept his age/birthday the same to make it simple for him. Doubt his master plan was to get free Denny's considering he left a $100 tip lol. Cannot wait til Sunday but it's bittersweet since there's only 7 episodes left before another long ass wait for the final 8. Really interested to see what Vince wants to do next since he'll pretty much have the okay for whatever he wants after how successful the show has been for critics and to a lesser extent commercially. I would like a show based on Saul(and prior to meeting Walt would probably be the best scenario) that he's talked about possibly doing but probably only for one season.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #13
MustangMan311
Very Original Avatar

Quote:
I have a feeling he kept his age/birthday the same to make it simple for him. Doubt his master plan was to get free Denny's considering he left a $100 tip lol. Cannot wait til Sunday but it's bittersweet since there's only 7 episodes left before another long ass wait for the final 8. Really interested to see what Vince wants to do next since he'll pretty much have the okay for whatever he wants after how successful the show has been for critics and to a lesser extent commercially. I would like a show based on Saul(and prior to meeting Walt would probably be the best scenario) that he's talked about possibly doing but probably only for one season.
He left such a large tip so that the waitress would remember him, and he went in knowing he would have to show his ID. It's all about clearing his name in the event that someone comes to that Denny's trying to trace something back.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:14 AM   #14
pumpkinsfan460
87 Hetfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan311 View Post
He left such a large tip so that the waitress would remember him, and he went in knowing he would have to show his ID. It's all about clearing his name in the event that someone comes to that Denny's trying to trace something back.
Interesting points and you just never know with Breaking Bad haha. Apparently it's the same Denny's as the season 4 premiere too. The show does an amazing job at making things come full circle.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #15
MustangMan311
Very Original Avatar

Really really good episode tonight. Hank's scenes with his boss and Mike were both awesome.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
Deathface
Old

Deathface is on a distinguished road
One of my favorite episodes for sure!! Mike is quickly becoming my fav character on this show. The scene at the end with the girl who put the hit on Mike was fucking amazing.
I hope he doesn't end up getting killed off that would be shitty.

Also lol...

Deathface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #17
Nun Stampede!
Lives in a houseboat

Nun Stampede! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Good catch. I thought the first episode was awesome but I didn't catch that the first time. I was worried about the story becoming implausible as he lives 5 years with terminal cancer and is on and off treatment, but this makes a lot more sense. Honestly, this is the best written show on TV, and I was worried about it getting the "Dexter" treatment, where it outlives its own potential and becomes a money grab.

I hate waiting all this time for the second half of the season, but damn if they don't hype the shit out of this show, and then deliver 100% of the time. I am gonna watch the Second episode either today or tomorrow.

Oh, and the loss of morals and good behavior in Walt is the coolest part of this show. The character development is incredible pretty much all around, but he went into this naively thinking "I'm a chemist. I can make money and get out", but its kind of an awesome testament to see how people respond to their environments. You really get a feel for how living a year in danger and in really intense situations has turned him from some mild-mannered, unselfish Science teacher, into this hardened motherfucker who will poison a kid to get his way.

Last edited by Nun Stampede!; 07-24-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Nun Stampede! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #18
pumpkinsfan460
87 Hetfield

Love the Breaking Bad on ABC videos, it works so well.

I've personally always loved Mike from the get-go mainly because of how professional the dude is and he nailed it with the latest episode(and seemed to get the most on-air time for the episode), especially with last scenes with the guy he killed and the woman.

I do love how arrogant Walt has become since knocking off Gus and now trying to be Gus essentially.

One of the things I do love about the show is that it doesn't forget the past, especially with gunshot wounds and how serious they are. Hank is of course still hobbling around and Mike is really feeling the damage.

After seeing the preview for the new episode I'm finally interested in something Marie says/does in regards to confronting Walt. I highly doubt he'll spill anything in regards to meth/his connection with Gus even though that's what it looks like but Vince/AMC love teasing that shit and going in a completely different direction.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:26 AM   #19
Mormon Diabetic

Mormon Diabetic is on a distinguished road
Walt is gonna die.
Mormon Diabetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #20
rcw110131

rcw110131 is on a distinguished road
Old 07-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #21
v2kv
BUGU

Mike is a boss.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:01 AM   #22
pumpkinsfan460
87 Hetfield

Yeah Mike stays in control as always and puts Walt in his place for now. I did get quite a chuckle out of Walt, Walt Jr and Holly watching Scarface and saying how everyone dies. Of course a possibility for this show but I doubt that far. Only 5 episodes left and then a full year though for the rest! Dexter will have no chance of filling that void with all the plotholes, terrible acting(except Hall), and the retarded Miami PD in charge. If they only made like 2-3 hours of only Dexter for the season it could be great again.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #23
Durchfall

Quote:
Yeah Mike stays in control as always and puts Walt in his place for now. I did get quite a chuckle out of Walt, Walt Jr and Holly watching Scarface and saying how everyone dies. Of course a possibility for this show but I doubt that far. Only 5 episodes left and then a full year though for the rest! Dexter will have no chance of filling that void with all the plotholes, terrible acting(except Hall), and the retarded Miami PD in charge. If they only made like 2-3 hours of only Dexter for the season it could be great again.
Last night's episode was great. I didn't really get the ending part about Victor. Maybe Walt was saying Mike is like Gus now or something?

Dexter is great but yea I agree with you, that show just isn't the same anymore. The first season was great and so was the season with John Lithgow.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #24
mcweezlestein

mcweezlestein is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Last night's episode was great. I didn't really get the ending part about Victor. Maybe Walt was saying Mike is like Gus now or something?

Dexter is great but yea I agree with you, that show just isn't the same anymore. The first season was great and so was the season with John Lithgow.
He's means that Walt is Gus and Mike is Victor in this situation.
mcweezlestein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #25
Nun Stampede!
Lives in a houseboat

Nun Stampede! is on a distinguished road
Breaking Bad is at least 100 times better than Dexter at this point. I'm so disappointed by that show time and time again. Plot holes, shitty acting, its become formulaic, it feels like a cash grab at this point, its overstayed plausibility, little to no character development, and the character development that has taken place is phony and unrealistic, and it isn't directed or written as well. It's still way better than CSI or some shit, but jesus fucking christ, turn Dexter over and stop fucking beating a dead horse already.

Nun Stampede! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #26
pumpkinsfan460
87 Hetfield

^^^Agreed 1000% percent. I love(while admitting the flaws) of the first two seasons and a good amount of the fourth season(cause of Lithgow and Hall of course) but the others have been such a mess all around. I actually read the first book before and still enjoy those a decent amount and it always pisses me off how many Dexter die-hards there are now and not because it's popular, but because it's so mediocre. The same thing is true with The Walking Dead as well now(my fucking super religious mother watches it!) cause the comics are awesome for the most part and the show is such a mess but so damn popular. The best stories are the ones following the comics pretty much(although they spent way too much time on the farm with no development of the family besides Hershel and Maggie and it just dragged) and I'm so glad next season they're going to the prison and introducing the best character Michone(the black lady with the sword and two slave zombies) and The Governor because there's a lot of great plotlines there but you just know they're going to screw it up.

I still watch the show when it airs pretty much but it's so damn frustrating because for every one thing they do right they do two(or more) wrong. Kind of like BB's every step forward, two steps back. I know I'm ranting but it just pisses me off how many of my friends watch those two shows and cannot stop raving about them and especially for TWD because it has like what, 5x or more the audience of BB or Mad Men? WTF is wrong with people.

Back to BB however I enjoyed the episode, but it wasn't as good as the first two because I believe it was mostly setting up the rest of the season. The exterminator(Todd I believe?) from FNL will play a big part and I'm really looking forward to how that goes as well as Mike and Walt clashing so much when they just started this together. Last but certainly not least, I was super pumped to see Badger and Skinny Pete(awesome at Piano btw) back and I really hope they have them at least a couple times more because they're always hilarious and everyone knows people just like them
Old 07-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #27
Logan
Band

Logan is on a distinguished road
Quote:

What Walt said was targeted towards Mike and Jesse - Mike for trying to be the boss, and Jesse for offering to give Mike the money when Walt was power struggling with him.

People are gonna die.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #28
pumpkinsfan460
87 Hetfield

Seriously, especially after that scene from Scarface(goodbye Mr. Chips!) they showed. I find it funny how Jesse is still being treated like the kid when he's grown the most since the show aired. While Mike and Walt were arguing over the laptop, Jesse had the best idea and had to say it like 6 times before they acknowledged him. And now in this episode it really reminded me of parents fighting(Walt and Mike in this case) until Jesse said enough, here you go, before Walt finally gave in with his share. Honestly the one thing I'm worried about is that they don't have enough time to give the story they really want to and the last season(or two depending on how you look at it) of the show should have been two, full 13 episode arcs to really flesh it out. I trust Vince and co. to still nail it, but even if the cold open of episode one of this season is right before the conclusion of the show, that means that 13 episodes from the next one(Walt turns 51 next episode) until the final is one year, while the first year of the show's timeline took 4(really 3 1/2 but irregardless) seasons. Vince and Cranston have said the possibility of having a movie after but I really don't want that to be the case. Mainly because it would really feel weird if the TV series didn't end with a real conclusion and then having to wait even longer for it to really finish. I do however approve of making the final(or even several of the last) episode(s) being two hours instead of one and also a Saul Goodman spinoff.

S'all good man
Old 07-31-2012, 11:59 PM   #29
Durchfall

Quote:
Seriously, especially after that scene from Scarface(goodbye Mr. Chips!) they showed. I find it funny how Jesse is still being treated like the kid when he's grown the most since the show aired. While Mike and Walt were arguing over the laptop, Jesse had the best idea and had to say it like 6 times before they acknowledged him. And now in this episode it really reminded me of parents fighting(Walt and Mike in this case) until Jesse said enough, here you go, before Walt finally gave in with his share. Honestly the one thing I'm worried about is that they don't have enough time to give the story they really want to and the last season(or two depending on how you look at it) of the show should have been two, full 13 episode arcs to really flesh it out. I trust Vince and co. to still nail it, but even if the cold open of episode one of this season is right before the conclusion of the show, that means that 13 episodes from the next one(Walt turns 51 next episode) until the final is one year, while the first year of the show's timeline took 4(really 3 1/2 but irregardless) seasons. Vince and Cranston have said the possibility of having a movie after but I really don't want that to be the case. Mainly because it would really feel weird if the TV series didn't end with a real conclusion and then having to wait even longer for it to really finish. I do however approve of making the final(or even several of the last) episode(s) being two hours instead of one and also a Saul Goodman spinoff.

S'all good man
That part with Scarface playing was great. Skyler was already fuckin' afraid of Walt and that just solidified that shit even more. I love how they started that scene with her laying in bed looking up at the ceiling and we just hear the gun fire in the background, as if she's thinking about Walt killing people.

They aren't doing a movie. Bryan Cranston said that kinda hoping it would happen but Gilligan denied that shit, and said it would come to an end. I would be pissed if it didn't.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #30
pumpkinsfan460
87 Hetfield

Yeah, from what I gathered, it was just speculation from Cranston and maybe one other cast member but nothing in stone. I have no problem however if they decided to make the second half of the season longer if they feel they want to flesh it out. Probably won't happen but it's much better than a film.

I think my favorite part of the Scarface scene was the transition from the gunfire to counting the money. That was an amazing scene as well.