SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.







Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #31
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal
 
Grindmasterflesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wallstreet
Posts: 10,957
Rep Power: 20 Grindmasterflesh will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
dear god so many idiots itt... it's a thread for recommendations, not band news (since *hint hint* there's already a thread for that)

my one and only contribution: Addaura - Burning for the Ancient. decent (better than most) hipster/faggy "black" metal
kudos!
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #32
ShadowHunter
violently violating
 
ShadowHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: croatia
Posts: 6,663
Rep Power: 15 ShadowHunter will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by disGUSt(tx) View Post
That there already being a thread for upcoming release's doesn't mean anything to those who want one specifically black metal. And that you're being a complete faggot about how you specifically want this thread to be based on the fact that he used the word "recommendations".
and who will it help copypasting shit from that other thread? what is the point? why not keep the 2 topics separate (since they exist) so that somebody that wants to check some good black metal stuff that came out in 2012 doesn't have to scroll through endless shitty, pointless lists of bands? should i just copypaste black metal related shit from the fail thread in here just because? are you always this retarded?
ShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #33
ceddeeoo
LORD OF DARKNESS
 
ceddeeoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: fields of fˇlkvangr
Posts: 6,283
Rep Power: 11 ceddeeoo will become famous soon enough
The suggestion that this thread should be about discussing already released albums and not upcoming albums is not a bad one, as it would remove the confusion of having to differentiate between when people are talking about one or the other and would make for a better thread as only good albums would be discussed and not potentially good albums.

The problem however lies in your approach, Shadowhunter, to propose such an idea.

Exhibit A:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry0fth3carr0ts View Post
can we just list shit that's already come out and not stuff we're looking forward to?

would make everything a lot easier
Here is a suggestion with no transgression on other posters and no assumption that this was the only intent of the thread starter. The suggestion is open and up for discussion.


Exhibit B:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
dear god so many idiots itt... it's a thread for recommendations, not band news (since *hint hint* there's already a thread for that)

my one and only contribution: Addaura - Burning for the Ancient. decent (better than most) hipster/faggy "black" metal
The first thing you do is insult almost everyone in the thread (people who enjoy black metal and would contribute to this thread). The second thing you do is not suggest anything, but to claim as a fact what the purpose of the thread is, based on a few things the thread starter said. You're absolutely right that the TS does intend for recommendations of albums that have already been released, but you haven't the slightest idea if he would be opposed to the discussion of upcoming releases, you simply assume so (I would assume otherwise, if he is a black metal fan, why would he not want to know the upcoming black metal releases of this year?). You make another condescending and sarcastic remark and then finally you make a contribution to the thread, which is great, that's exactly what is needed for a thread like this to prosper.

But do you see what I mean ? There's no need to impose your assumptions on everyone else and act like your word is fact, insulting them in the process. Have some class.
ceddeeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #34
ShadowHunter
violently violating
 
ShadowHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: croatia
Posts: 6,663
Rep Power: 15 ShadowHunter will become famous soon enough
i called you out on your stupidity that you couldn't come to that conclusion yourselves (seriously, how hard can that be?). and i'll never be respectful (especially on this of all forums) when i'm addressing users like you. respect is something earned, and you never did anything on this forum that is worthy of respect (i don't use drugs so i don't know and don't care if yours were good contributions to that thread)
ShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #35
ceddeeoo
LORD OF DARKNESS
 
ceddeeoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: fields of fˇlkvangr
Posts: 6,283
Rep Power: 11 ceddeeoo will become famous soon enough
You keep trying to insult me by implying that I am stupid and that I do drugs. Good job, I guess. Hope that makes you feel better about yourself, although your ego doesn't need any more.
ceddeeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #36
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll
 
disGUSt(tx)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Then: Houston, TX Now: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 4,519
Rep Power: 10 disGUSt(tx) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
what is the point?
DUDE SAID AND DONE, PLEASE READ:

Quote:
you're being a complete faggot about how you specifically want this thread to be based
Only to be broken and down and re-enforced by what Illum said, because you are horribly stubborn and quite evidently the retarded one here. Not even trying to defend him. What you said was unnecessary and what he just said is right. No one will listen to you like this. Your post have the "why bothers" to them because you're such a dickhole, it's not even that what you say isn't grounded, it's that you don't leave up to everyone else to come up with some sort of format, you just "chose" one and decided that everyone else should subscribe and that everyone who hadn't already was an idiot. It just seems to me like you look for opportunities to call people idiots and it's rarely ever legitimate or fair.
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #37
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll
 
disGUSt(tx)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Then: Houston, TX Now: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 4,519
Rep Power: 10 disGUSt(tx) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
i called you out on your stupidity that you couldn't come to that conclusion yourselves (seriously, how hard can that be?). and i'll never be respectful (especially on this of all forums) when i'm addressing users like you. respect is something earned, and you never did anything on this forum that is worthy of respect (i don't use drugs so i don't know and don't care if yours were good contributions to that thread)
Shut the fuck up. You're not even making sense anymore.
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #38
ShadowHunter
violently violating
 
ShadowHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: croatia
Posts: 6,663
Rep Power: 15 ShadowHunter will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by disGUSt(tx) View Post
fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatiano View Post
You keep trying to insult me by implying that I am stupid and that I do drugs.
no implications in my posts.
ShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #39
cry0fth3carr0ts
boognish
 
cry0fth3carr0ts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: mo
Posts: 4,832
Rep Power: 12 cry0fth3carr0ts has a spectacular aura aboutcry0fth3carr0ts has a spectacular aura about
so anyways....

what good (if any) black metal has come out this year that i'm missing out on? i still haven't listened to that damn dodecahedron album either...

too much music, not enough time.
cry0fth3carr0ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #40
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll
 
disGUSt(tx)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Then: Houston, TX Now: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 4,519
Rep Power: 10 disGUSt(tx) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
no implications in my posts.
Bullshit. What in fucks name makes you think you deserve anyone's respect around here?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
go do some drugs, hopefully you'll overdose one of these days
Quoting because I think what's next is this faggot is gonna edit his posts. Or use his precious revered "mod powerz" to edit ours, probably why he thinks he deserves "respect".

Last edited by disGUSt(tx); 02-24-2012 at 07:12 PM..
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #41
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal
 
Grindmasterflesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wallstreet
Posts: 10,957
Rep Power: 20 Grindmasterflesh will become famous soon enough
He certainly deserves way more respect than most of you fucking fags who just came around the other day and constantly yell "look at me".
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #42
ceddeeoo
LORD OF DARKNESS
 
ceddeeoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: fields of fˇlkvangr
Posts: 6,283
Rep Power: 11 ceddeeoo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
fixed



no implications in my posts.
You keep bringing up my drug use as if it's something I should be ashamed of. I am very comfortable with talking about my drug use (and therefore renders your ad hominem completely useless, even more useless than a logical fallacy is in an argument to begin with) because I am aware to a limited but real extent of the effects the drugs I use have on my brain and because I know what is safe and what's not.

So please, keep it to just calling me stupid. I'm perfectly fine with that and it amuses me. It really underscores your inability to formulate a proper argument.
ceddeeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #43
Shemhamforash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 534
Rep Power: 0 Shemhamforash is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
(i don't use drugs so i don't know and don't care if yours were good contributions to that thread)
Alcohol is considered a drug, don't you drink?
Shemhamforash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #44
ShadowHunter
violently violating
 
ShadowHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: croatia
Posts: 6,663
Rep Power: 15 ShadowHunter will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by disGUSt(tx) View Post
Bullshit. What in fucks name makes you think you deserve anyone's respect around here?

EDIT:


Quoting because I think what's next is this faggot is gonna edit his posts. Or use his precious revered "mod powerz" to edit ours, probably why he thinks he deserves "respect".
i never said i deserve respect (and i most certainly don't care for yours or illumifags.. 'cause if i got it i would have known i have done something very very wrong in my life). and i never edited anybody's post except to fix links or embeds, nor have i ever deleted mine unless it was a double post or something that was already posted by the time i finished posting mine

and those aren't implications. i explicitly said he did drugs and that he's stupid. i never implied it. i guess that's really hard to differentiate for someone with an above average iq
ShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #45
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll
 
disGUSt(tx)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Then: Houston, TX Now: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 4,519
Rep Power: 10 disGUSt(tx) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindmasterflesh View Post
He certainly deserves way more respect than most of you fucking fags who just came around the other day and constantly yell "look at me".
Whatever. I've let people stay at my place from this board, drove to meet up and hang out, bought beers, etc. If his time posting here is completely indicative of how I should respect him, and I'm wrong because I'm been posting here only for the better part of 3 years, that's retarded.
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #46
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal
 
Grindmasterflesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wallstreet
Posts: 10,957
Rep Power: 20 Grindmasterflesh will become famous soon enough
I measure a posters reputation by the quality of his posts...Consistency and/or personal encounters are smaller factors but do play a role.
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #47
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll
 
disGUSt(tx)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Then: Houston, TX Now: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 4,519
Rep Power: 10 disGUSt(tx) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
i never said i deserve respect (and i most certainly don't care for yours or illumifags.. 'cause if i got it i would have known i have done something very very wrong in my life). and i never edited anybody's post except to fix links or embeds, nor have i ever deleted mine unless it was a double post or something that was already posted by the time i finished posting mine

and those aren't implications. i explicitly said he did drugs and that he's stupid. i never implied it. i guess that's really hard to differentiate for someone with an above average iq
Okay, backpeddling mr. super semantics, instead of apologizing for being a complete dick about everything to the same people, you just rationalize it over and over again. You act like the new people are problem with this board, but who the fuck wants to post here with you acting like you're God's gift to this forum? Please kill yourself and never come back here.
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #48
DrippingInsanity
____________________
 
DrippingInsanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,735
Rep Power: 20 DrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry0fth3carr0ts View Post
so anyways....

what good (if any) black metal has come out this year that i'm missing out on? i still haven't listened to that damn dodecahedron album either...

too much music, not enough time.
Gat dangit. Go and listen to that Dodecahedron right now, you turkey!
DrippingInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #49
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll
 
disGUSt(tx)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Then: Houston, TX Now: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 4,519
Rep Power: 10 disGUSt(tx) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindmasterflesh View Post
I measure a posters reputation by the quality of his posts...
As do I, and his posts are shit, and some of us can't say anything around here without him being a complete faggot. He's been this way since I got here and it's been LOLN00bFAG the entire time.
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #50
ShadowHunter
violently violating
 
ShadowHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: croatia
Posts: 6,663
Rep Power: 15 ShadowHunter will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by disGUSt(tx) View Post
Okay, backpeddling mr. super semantics, instead of apologizing for being a complete dick about everything to the same people, you just rationalize it over and over again. You act like the new people are problem with this board, but who the fuck wants to post here with you acting like you're God's gift to this forum? Please kill yourself and never come back here.
what backpedalling? i said i never implied anything up to that point ('cause i was pretty explicit.. which was my only implication so far) which was 100% true

not "new people", but only you, illumifag (fuck, he was hated even on the btbam forum. let that sink in for a second), skeet and 6kid6. i have never insulted or been disrespectful (as far as i remember) to dripping, 1.3.8 (or whatever he calls himself now :P), etc...
ShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #51
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll
 
disGUSt(tx)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Then: Houston, TX Now: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 4,519
Rep Power: 10 disGUSt(tx) is on a distinguished road
If I keep going on with you, you'll be quoting the bible to defend your bullshit. No one acts like this around here towards us but you (EDIT: and Licht, who is just trying to be you). Your posts are WAY harder to tolerate than ANY of the people you've mentioned, even Skeet, he's way funnier than you and at least brings that to the table. You just don't need to post pictures with objects up your ass because your posts share that for you. Go ahead and continue being a hostile dick for absolutely no reason and see if I care, just expect me to call you a worthless faggot, every single time.

Last edited by disGUSt(tx); 02-24-2012 at 08:21 PM..
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #52
De Profoundis
۞CC♆LTIST
 
De Profoundis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: now
Posts: 9,264
Rep Power: 22 De Profoundis is just really niceDe Profoundis is just really niceDe Profoundis is just really niceDe Profoundis is just really niceDe Profoundis is just really nice
Man, I can't wait for that Sutekh Hexen LP to get to me (it's in the mail right nao)....Handmade Birds did an a-mazing job on the presentation.
De Profoundis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #53
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl
 
Lichtbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ass
Posts: 9,062
Rep Power: 21 Lichtbringer is a jewel in the roughLichtbringer is a jewel in the roughLichtbringer is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by disGUSt(tx) View Post
If I keep going on with you, you'll be quoting the bible to defend your bullshit. No one acts like this around here towards us but you (EDIT: and Licht, who is just trying to be you). Your posts are WAY harder to tolerate than ANY of the people you've mentioned, even Skeet, he's way funnier than you and at least brings that to the table. You just don't need to post pictures with objects up your ass because your posts share that for you. Go ahead and continue being a hostile dick for absolutely no reason and see if I care, just expect me to call you a worthless faggot, every single time.


Just a little mad, aren't we...
Lichtbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #54
novareaper
»\(░_o)/»
 
novareaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 4,264
Rep Power: 11 novareaper will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
troll? i'm simply stating facts
novareaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #55
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll
 
disGUSt(tx)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Then: Houston, TX Now: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 4,519
Rep Power: 10 disGUSt(tx) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichtbringer View Post
Just a little mad, aren't we...
Quote:
licht is just butthurt 'cause he can't handle the truth so whenever anybody calls him out on his mental handicaps "he's mad" is all he manages to respond. fact
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #56
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl
 
Lichtbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ass
Posts: 9,062
Rep Power: 21 Lichtbringer is a jewel in the roughLichtbringer is a jewel in the roughLichtbringer is a jewel in the rough
I don't think anyone that isn't mentally handicapped, as you say, would agree with any of the absurd shit you just posted. And quite obviously, as past and present have proven, arguing with you is absolutely useless, 'cause you're just plain stupid.

/end "butthurt"
Lichtbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #57
Recapitated
weightless
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: O.-
Posts: 794
Rep Power: 6 Recapitated is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by disGUSt(tx) View Post
If I keep going on with you, you'll be quoting the bible to defend your bullshit. No one acts like this around here towards us but you (EDIT: and Licht, who is just trying to be you). Your posts are WAY harder to tolerate than ANY of the people you've mentioned, even Skeet, he's way funnier than you and at least brings that to the table. You just don't need to post pictures with objects up your ass because your posts share that for you. Go ahead and continue being a hostile dick for absolutely no reason and see if I care, just expect me to call you a worthless faggot, every single time.
Calm down...
Too much feelings, but you're partially right though
Recapitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #58
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll
 
disGUSt(tx)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Then: Houston, TX Now: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 4,519
Rep Power: 10 disGUSt(tx) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichtbringer View Post
I don't think anyone that isn't mentally handicapped, as you say, would agree with any of the absurd shit you just posted. And quite obviously, as past and present have proven, arguing with you is absolutely useless, 'cause you're just plain stupid.

/end "butthurt"
Everyone I've met in my life has done nothing but praise my intelligence, so no offense possibly taken, please keep trying. It's not the first time here and certainly won't be the last, but never ever have either of you succeeded in making me feel stupid from a single post you've made. You call this an argument? I have arguments on here that actually manage to get somewhere, and I've tried very hard with you two, you won't take a train home even if someone pays for you anyways. So calling this an argument is absurd as you two would never actually listen to what anyone says to you, just think for a goddamn second that the faggotry on this board might possibly begin and end with you guys.
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #59
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl
 
Lichtbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ass
Posts: 9,062
Rep Power: 21 Lichtbringer is a jewel in the roughLichtbringer is a jewel in the roughLichtbringer is a jewel in the rough
Making retards feel stupid is pretty hard. And actually, I said I wasn't gonna argue, so I definitely didn't call this an argument. Seems like reading comprehension isn't one of your strenghts either.
Lichtbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #60
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze
 
Cognitive Defeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London, UK
Posts: 8,600
Rep Power: 18 Cognitive Defeat will become famous soon enoughCognitive Defeat will become famous soon enough
Cognitive Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
1)this thread hammers, 2(intothecoffinthat, bm = srs biz bro, make love; not bm, peace love black metal




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -