SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #391
1000eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murko View Post
Great new thread name btw :D
1000eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #392
Iain Avstin

tech death, sure to be boring
Iain Avstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #393
flayedandskinned
Registered Abuser

Rep Power: 0 flayedandskinned is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murko View Post
Great new thread name btw :D
flayedandskinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #394
Sammy J
Mother War

Christian, u mad bro?

Honestly, I love SoP, Necrophagist and Obscura...so basically everything he has been involved in. I understand what people are saying about preferring Karlsson in SoP though - Christian has a distinct style that perhaps isn't so 'unique' now as Obscura put out their latest last year.

Can't get so butthurt over people's opinions. They're like assholes Christian, everyone's got one...
Sammy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #395
DrippingInsanity

Rep Power: 19 DrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erland View Post
Will upload to Kazaa and Limewire. Password : yUsoSlowFlayed??????????żż
DrippingInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #396
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll

Wow Christian, I once defended you and your writing on this board, sigh, alienating your fans....

Making SMN famous and pissing off his fans simultaneously, GUESS WHO WINS HERE?!?!
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #397
Vril

Quote:
Wow, people really seem to hate me with a passion on the SMN Death Metal Forums. Like it kinda has become trendy there to knock my playing whenever something new is released that I play on. So, I'm sorry I'm not up to those people's elitist musical understanding, maybe next time I'll let those guys teach me how it's done. But wait, that would mean that they would need to get off their computers and get a life first

He just needs a hug.
Vril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #398
hasu
عذاب النبي

The SMN Community; Gets shit done.
hasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #399
Slayerofnarcs
WAT

Hmm. That's too bad. Other than noticing the song generally slays, my first impression of the new material was that I enjoyed his soloing.
Slayerofnarcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #400
Shred The Ganja

I don't recall seeing too many bad comments about his leads??? dude must get butt hurt easy.
Shred The Ganja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #401
cry0fth3carr0ts
boognish

Rep Power: 12 cry0fth3carr0ts has a spectacular aura aboutcry0fth3carr0ts has a spectacular aura about
erland, why you let them bury your bass so low in the mix?

are there any bass solos?
cry0fth3carr0ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #402
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl

Rep Power: 20 Lichtbringer is a jewel in the roughLichtbringer is a jewel in the roughLichtbringer is a jewel in the rough
Jebus, what a retard.
Lichtbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #403
LesserAnimal

Rep Power: 0 LesserAnimal is an unknown quantity at this point
We should put together a compilation thread containing all the hate this board has gotten from pissed off musicians. Quick, find your favorites. Make it look like a list of book blurbs or testimonials. Best sticky idea ever.

Also, Dear Christian,

Lots of us like your playing. It's a matter of style; we realize that you know what you're doing. Not personal, not a big deal.

Last edited by LesserAnimal; 02-21-2012 at 09:43 PM..
LesserAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #404
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll

I posted this on his fan page where I hope he will see it, since his personal FB profile only accepts messages from friends (probably 'cause he clearly hates his fans and doesn't wanna hear from them)

Quote:
We (@SMNforums) are a group of individuals, each with different opinions. Believe it or not, some of us appreciate your work in both current and past bands. That being said, it is unfair for you to badmouth us as a whole because you disagree with what a few people have said about your work. Those are the opinions of individuals, not the forum as a whole. If I were you, I wouldn't read the board until you can handle people's criticism or simply not read it, but you are an artist, and people are going to critique you all over the internet (if you ask me, the criticism wasn't even that bad, you totally overreacted). Might I remind you one of your band mates posts everyday on the board, and the site hosts the SoP forums? Traffic on the board affects the future of ALL the different forums, not just Death Metal Discussion. It is not free to host these forums, even the SoP board. Frankly, most of us are probably fans of you or at least one of your bands to one degree or another. But I will not make the same mistake YOU did, which would be to judge your entire band(s) because of your little fit, they will still have my support. That being said, you've succeeded in alienating some of us, and you've LOST me as a loyal fan today because of your bad attitude, good job.
As you can see, I tried very hard to redirect his butt-hurt back at him. Hopefully he'll get the idea and next time he want's to be a cry baby about someone's critique, he'll make an account here and log on and address that INDIVIDUAL, rather than all of us, some of whom like at least some of his work. Fuck, I don't even like tech-death that much, but i like SoP, the first Obscura album, Necrophagist, etc. Part of the problem is how NOT down to earth the musicians can be in those sort of bands.

Erland, do us all a favor and just keep Danny in the band after the tour and don't bother with this asshole who lurks forums waiting for one person to say they don't prefer his style, and then publicly talks shit about all of us.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #405
ChAAPY
it's one louder

ffs...
ChAAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #406
Sculpy

Dude obviously can't get over the fact that he wasn't part of the best Necro album. I used to work at the laundromat his mother brought his piss-stained sheets to, about the same timeframe. Two and two.
Sculpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #407
Eternal Recurrence

Fuck that back paddling, he's clearly a skilled guitarist and all, but I want to make it clear for him, if he is still reading this thread:

Karlsson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you imo

That dude had a uniqe choice of notes and an exceptional overall style, something you won't get by knowing this and that scale so well you could do it in your sleep.

With that said, I like your soloing on those new SoP tracks a lot more than in Obscura, however I obviously prefer Karlsson and there's nothing wrong with that.
Eternal Recurrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #408
Monsieur Lebeauxxx
THRILLHO

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Recurrence View Post
Fuck that back paddling
Monsieur Lebeauxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #409
Eternal Recurrence

hahahah whoops my bad
watched that clip one too many times
Eternal Recurrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #410
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Recurrence View Post
Fuck that back paddling, he's clearly a skilled guitarist and all, but I want to make it clear for him, if he is still reading this thread:

Karlsson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you imo

That dude had a uniqe choice of notes and an exceptional overall style, something you won't get by knowing this and that scale so well you could do it in your sleep.

With that said, I like your soloing on those new SoP tracks a lot more than in Obscura, however I obviously prefer Karlsson and there's nothing wrong with that.
Therefore, FUCK SMN.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #411
blooddrunk
contagion

What a dick. He's gonna attack and generalize a bunch of people when many of those same people have only offered positive statements on his playing. i wish i had half the skill set he has but doesn't mean you can attack all of smn as a whole. This being said karlsons leads > what i have heard so far out of Christian.

Last edited by blooddrunk; 02-21-2012 at 10:49 PM..
blooddrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #412
blooddrunk
contagion

Also didn't he play on a defeated sanity cd? Isn't everyone here a faggot for everything they have released. Also he updated his status behind a computer soooooo...
blooddrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #413
Cloaca
IS HE GONE YET

Rep Power: 19 Cloaca will become famous soon enoughCloaca will become famous soon enough
People, you have to realise that ego is the primary component of almost every shredder, and although he plays in tech-death bands that's basically what he is first and foremost.

Muenzer fits nicely into the 'mad skills/pooey solos' category, like many before him.

Karlsson doesn't.
Cloaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #414
imbutawaveto
NIGGA GUNK

Rep Power: 16 imbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura about
Weird to see so many musicians having thin skin. You can't please everyone, get over it.
imbutawaveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #415
nigelwho
N/A

HEY CHRISTIAN DONT GET UPSET MAN I PERSONALLY LOVE THAT YOU PLAY THE SAME MINOR ARPEGGIOS AND RUNS WITH ZERO DYNAMICS REGARDLESS OF CONTEXT AND MOOD. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND IGNORE AS MUCH FEEDBACK AS YOU CAN. IDEALLY, I'D LIKE YOU TO RECORD RANDOM PRACTICE SESSIONS AND SEND THEM OUT AS YOUR SOLOS FOR ALL FUTURE PROJECTS, YOULL SHOW MOHAMMED WHO THE BOSS OF WEEDLEYWOOP ENT ENT ENT TECH DEATH IS.

STAY METAL BRO
nigelwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #416
serocs
>implying

i must say that these songs sound really good

the writing is pretty fun to listen

they made the guitar tone a bit heavier but not enough to make it sound muddy

the bass is there but it is surprisingly unfartbasslike
0:32

very nice songs
serocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #417
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooddrunk View Post
Also didn't he play on a defeated sanity cd?.
Only the first demo/promo and that split, no full-lengths.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #418
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca View Post
People, you have to realise that ego is the primary component of almost every shredder, and although he plays in tech-death bands that's basically what he is first and foremost.
It is common (and clearly what is happening here) yet doesn't apply to all of them. Some are humble and also have enough self-esteem they don't get butt-hurt. I've even seen Erland ignore people talking shit about his band, he just acted like he didn't see it, 'cause he doesn't need anyone's approval, he's proud of himself but doesn't let it go to his head. Christian has really surprised me with his inability to do the same.

You can have all the skill/technique in the world, but if you musicianship sucks (meaning your ability to work with others, take criticism, get back on the horse, and be confident but also ambitious, and generally how you carry yourself as a musician, meaning everything that doesn't fall into skill/technique and cannot be learned in a book) you're not gonna get ANYWHERE, or even if you do (which he has), you piss people off the entire way, be they fans or other musicians, and it always comes back to bite you in the ass.

Quote:
Muenzer fits nicely into the 'mad skills/pooey solos' category, like many before him.

Karlsson doesn't.
Personally, I enjoy contrasting styles in bands like this and if anything, would've liked to see them trading off and playing together on the same album, not sure if there's room for Christian's ego though in that scenario.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #419
earthly vulgarity

timewarp sucked tbh, he was probably expecting praise for his solo album, may that be the reason he's butthurt?
earthly vulgarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #420
cry0fth3carr0ts
boognish

Rep Power: 12 cry0fth3carr0ts has a spectacular aura aboutcry0fth3carr0ts has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca View Post
i agree with this statement 1003%
cry0fth3carr0ts is offline   Reply With Quote