SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:23 AM   #481
slotheist
4d3d3d3 engaged

haha, yes it is. Got in for free on that Black Tusk, East of the Wall, Samothrace show. Actually, I had that fish sammich and it wasn't half bad but then I tried someone elses 'vegan steak fingers' or whatever the fuck and those weren't too good.

I like the venue though, I like being able to drink on the floor opposed to say El Corazen where you're confined in that little area with a bunch of fat greasy metalheads.
slotheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #482
flayedandskinned
Registered Abuser

Rep Power: 0 flayedandskinned is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry0fth3carr0ts View Post
you sir, are a fucking idiot and this might be the single dumbest thing i've ever read on this board.
Hai

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/101/glassware

lrn 2 beer, ;)

Had Hoptimum tonight, man wtf so generic. It was good, but hardly wowing. Pretty much zero individuality to it. Palate Wrecker rapes it in every regard. That said, it is definitely the Best Sierra Nevada I've had.
flayedandskinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:30 AM   #483
cry0fth3carr0ts
boognish

Rep Power: 12 cry0fth3carr0ts has a spectacular aura aboutcry0fth3carr0ts has a spectacular aura about
i don't have time to pour the beer into a glass before my face...

who has that kind of time??
cry0fth3carr0ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #484
DrippingInsanity

Rep Power: 19 DrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatiano View Post

not as good as i thought it would be but it was good
The Blonde is pretty decent for the price.
DrippingInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #485
Darcangelo
Nigger trance.

10:58 AM; drunkr than Cooter brown
Darcangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #486
DrippingInsanity

Rep Power: 19 DrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud of

LtoR: Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale, Corsendonk Abbey Pale Ale, Fat Tire, Founders Breakfast Stout, Chimay Tripel
Old 04-15-2012, 12:45 AM   #487
RottingBeercan
littered

i got 37/100 on this

https://apps.facebook.com/beerlistchallenge/
RottingBeercan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #488
flayedandskinned
Registered Abuser

Haha, I got the same. I've tried most of the breweries' beers on that list just not the particular beers that are listed.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #489
cry0fth3carr0ts
boognish

Rep Power: 12 cry0fth3carr0ts has a spectacular aura aboutcry0fth3carr0ts has a spectacular aura about
^i got 34. i'm glad i haven't tried some of those though. and others i can't find..
cry0fth3carr0ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #490
Alejandro4891

i've drank stella artois before, but last night i realized how horrible it is.
Alejandro4891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #491
ceddeeoo
LORD OF DARKNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro4891 View Post
i've drank stella artois before, but last night i realized how horrible it is.
What ? it's as decent as Leffe imo.
ceddeeoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #492
flayedandskinned
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatiano View Post
What ? it's as decent as Leffe imo.
Leffe isn't a skunky adjunct ridden mess. Leffe ain't anything to write home about either though.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #493
discombobulation
Decrepit Banana

Rep Power: 12 discombobulation has a spectacular aura aboutdiscombobulation has a spectacular aura about
Had the Westmalle Tripel a few days ago. Was quite good, though I didn't like it as much as the Chimay Tripel. It didn't have quite that tight bite I was looking for.

Had Old Peculiar today, a pretty nice old ale. A bit fruity but with a dark aftertaste. Doesn't hold its character that well through to the end of the bottle though.

Stella is pretty dire as I remember it.

Someone tell me whether it is worth aging the Chimay Cinq Cents (big Tripel)?
discombobulation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:29 AM   #494
DrippingInsanity

Hoptimum: Was ok, but if I want something really hoppy, I'd go for something like a Hopslam.
Fat Tire: Again, was ok. Not really something I'd buy again, but if someone offered me a bottle at a party, I'd have no qualms drinking it.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #495
DrippingInsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry0fth3carr0ts View Post
mmmmmmmm corsendonk!
Indeed! I just tried the Abbey Pale Ale and it is delicious! Smooth, with some character. Certainly a beer I will buy again and again.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #496
Suffering Malaria
chiastic slides

A gift from my sister.

I just turned 21, so now I can join in the critiquing of beer in this thread. It'll just take me a bit to be comfortable with all the adjectives and nouns and such.
Suffering Malaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #497
DrippingInsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffering Malaria View Post

A gift from my sister.

I just turned 21, so now I can join in the critiquing of beer in this thread. It'll just take me a bit to be comfortable with all the adjectives and nouns and such.
Congrats on being of age!

Though, don't expect to learn the terminology all too fast, especially when you start critiquing. Just like everything else, you'll learn a hell of a lot more tasting the beer than reading up on it. Nonetheless, enjoy!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #498
Suffering Malaria
chiastic slides

Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrippingInsanity View Post
Though, don't expect to learn the terminology all too fast, especially when you start critiquing. Just like everything else, you'll learn a hell of a lot more tasting the beer than reading up on it. Nonetheless, enjoy!
Definitely. Now I just need some money to try all the beers that you guys have posted. Seems like my beer fund will soon rival my music fund.
Suffering Malaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #499
imbutawaveto
NIGGA GUNK

Rep Power: 16 imbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura about
if you want to get good at drinking beer, just drink some of the piss that spencer drinks.

then drink a pliny.
imbutawaveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #500
DrippingInsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbutawaveto View Post
Old 04-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #501
imbutawaveto
NIGGA GUNK

Rep Power: 16 imbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura about
imbutawaveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #502
DrippingInsanity

Old 04-17-2012, 05:48 AM   #503
Mr-Shredz
Death>Fucking>Metal

Rep Power: 6 Mr-Shredz will become famous soon enoughMr-Shredz will become famous soon enough

I had this over the weekend, not bad at all but the name made me lol

Mr-Shredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #504
discombobulation
Decrepit Banana

Rep Power: 12 discombobulation has a spectacular aura aboutdiscombobulation has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffering Malaria View Post
Hails and happy birthday child, and welcome to beerdom.

I also have no clue what I'm talking about, but I know what tastes good. :willram
discombobulation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #505
RottingBeercan
littered

RottingBeercan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #506
flayedandskinned
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottingBeercan View Post
yuck. I've yet to have an even okay beer from them.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #507
DrippingInsanity

Drinking this right now: Three Floyds' Dreadnaught Imperial IPA

You can really smell the hops and fruits immediately, with the hops being more dominant. Taste wise, it isn't as hoppy as I thought since giving it a quick smell. But, after spreading it around my mouth, I can really taste the hops a lot more. The aftertaste gives the beer a bit of a malt texture (or at least I think so?).

Anyway, this is far more better than the Hoptimum and Hopslam as well (I compare Dreadnaught to these two since these two are the only beers I've had that are pretty hoppy). So, if you are a hophead, I certainly suggest try getting a bottle of this. At least try it once. If you're interested, I could get a bottle for you and do a trade or something of the sorts.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #508
wachtourak

Quote:
Originally Posted by flayedandskinned View Post

soooo fucking amazing. Imagine a hoppier Duvel with some nice brettanomyces added to add to the insane complexity. Zac, pick this up from your Bevmo ASAP.
Some of this has finally arrived over here it would seem, picked up a bottle today, will try later.

Drinking this right now

Single hop IPA with that new(?) blended 'Zythos' hop, as the name would suggest. Really citrus-forward smell and initial flavour but nice smooth malty finish without being too sweet.

Haven't seen any Hoptimum or Palate Wrecker here yet, hopefully I can find some at some stage. Tried the Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye, but I like the Bear Republic one more in that style.
wachtourak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #509
DrippingInsanity

Just got a huge haul today. Probably the last time I buy any more for at least a month or two. haha

LtoR: Hitachino Nest White Ale, Hitachino Nest Sweet Stout, Hitachino Nest Red Rice Ale, Hitachino Nest Weizen, and Hitachino Nest Espresso Stout

LtoR: 2x Corsendonk Abbey Pale Ale (four pack) and Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout

LtoR: Three Floyds Gorch Fock, Three Floyds Brian Boru Old Irish Red, Three Floyds Rabbid Rabbit, and Three Floyds Robert The Bruce Scottish Ale

LtoR: Chimay PremiŔre, La Trappe Quadrupel, N°gne ě India Pale Ale, Trappistes Rochefort 10, and Chimay Grande RÚserve

LtoR: De Dolle Stille Nacht, Delirium Nocturnum, Stone Ruination IPA, Bell's Two Hearted Ale, and Rogue Dead Guy Ale

LtoR: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, Flying Dog Raging Bitch Belgian-Style IPA, and Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA

If anyone was actually keeping tabs, some of these are second buys (Young's, Chimays, Trappistes Rochefort 10, and Corsendonk). I bought these again since I didn't think I gave them a fair enough review, excluding Corsendonk since I know I really enjoy them.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #510
ceddeeoo
LORD OF DARKNESS

holy hell man I am so jelly
ceddeeoo is online now   Reply With Quote