Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Cattle Decapitation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Cattle Decapitation Website

Old 08-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
Caninus Crew
Buster Bluth

Caninus Crew is on a distinguished road
My 'we are horrible people' video was taken down

This was my animals attacking people montage from various horror movies, was up to 24k hits. Here's the message from youtube:

ATTENTION

The following video(s) from your account have been disabled for violation of the YouTube Community Guidelines:

* Cattle Decapitation - We Are Horrible People - (caninuscrew)

Sometimes people do get hurt and itís inevitable that these events may be documented on YouTube. However, YouTube is not a shock site. It's not okay to post gross-out videos of accidents, dead bodies or similar things intended to be shocking, sensational or disrespectful. If a video is particularly graphic or disturbing, it should be balanced with additional educational or documentary context and information.

Your account has received one Community Guidelines warning strike, which will expire in six months. Additional violations may result in the temporary disabling of your ability to post content to YouTube and/or the termination of your account.

What a fucking joke. I showed fictional people being hurt, big deal right?
What do you think I should say in my appeal?
Caninus Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:14 AM   #2
Victor Cleave
formerly shittyleg

Victor Cleave is on a distinguished road
oh that's just silly.
Victor Cleave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
F. Mercenary
Human Being Human

F. Mercenary is on a distinguished road
Man, that sucks, but you know what I say about this:

F. Mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
butthole

butthole is on a distinguished road
man that's lame. I ironically enough had about 5 people in the past month ask me about that video which was weird because before that it had been a while since anyone had mentioned it. I wonder what sparked the sudden interest in the video? I literally hadn't heard anything about it in quite a while and then all of a sudden like 5 kids ask me about it at various shows. Weird.
butthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
SlayerDeath93
Hooters on Mars

SlayerDeath93 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caninus Crew View Post
This was my animals attacking people montage from various horror movies, was up to 24k hits. Here's the message from youtube:

ATTENTION

The following video(s) from your account have been disabled for violation of the YouTube Community Guidelines:

* Cattle Decapitation - We Are Horrible People - (caninuscrew)

Sometimes people do get hurt and itís inevitable that these events may be documented on YouTube. However, YouTube is not a shock site. It's not okay to post gross-out videos of accidents, dead bodies or similar things intended to be shocking, sensational or disrespectful. If a video is particularly graphic or disturbing, it should be balanced with additional educational or documentary context and information.

Your account has received one Community Guidelines warning strike, which will expire in six months. Additional violations may result in the temporary disabling of your ability to post content to YouTube and/or the termination of your account.

What a fucking joke. I showed fictional people being hurt, big deal right?
What do you think I should say in my appeal?
Canine, that is bullshit man. There are other videos on Jewtube that have people dying, war, etc. I actually like your video and posted a comment on it (I was james30721). I'm sorry that bullshit happened man.

Actually that makes me wonder, why didn't they take down your Chaos Reighns video?
SlayerDeath93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
Caninus Crew
Buster Bluth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerDeath93 View Post
Canine, that is bullshit man. There are other videos on Jewtube that have people dying, war, etc. I actually like your video and posted a comment on it (I was james30721). I'm sorry that bullshit happened man.

Actually that makes me wonder, why didn't they take down your Chaos Reighns video?
I have no idea why they didn't take down Chaos Reigns or my 10 minute Deftones/Aphex Twin video. The long one is way worse as its theme is the grotesque so it just shows a bunch of really fucked up shit from horror films. I'm guessing some asshole who is either against vegans or death metal complained to youtube about it. I can still appeal the decision. I think in the appeal I may say the band is pro animal rights, I was making a video not to shock but to show that animals can still be very powerful etc.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
butthole

Quote:
I have no idea why they didn't take down Chaos Reigns or my 10 minute Deftones/Aphex Twin video. The long one is way worse as its theme is the grotesque so it just shows a bunch of really fucked up shit from horror films. I'm guessing some asshole who is either against vegans or death metal complained to youtube about it. I can still appeal the decision. I think in the appeal I may say the band is pro animal rights, I was making a video not to shock but to show that animals can still be very powerful etc.
Nah, I doubt its due to a hater, that I'm sure of. I'm sure its got to do with some sort of copyright infringement. Shit gets taken down because of that all the time. What's cool about this is that just means the video really got around, got alot of views and the wrong person just happened to see it or was notified about it by one of those thousands of people.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #8
PsychoNavigator
Just hangin' out bro

PsychoNavigator is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by butthole View Post
Nah, I doubt its due to a hater, that I'm sure of. I'm sure its got to do with some sort of copyright infringement. Shit gets taken down because of that all the time. What's cool about this is that just means the video really got around, got alot of views and the wrong person just happened to see it or was notified about it by one of those thousands of people.
It's a 50/50 shot as to why, but more than likely, someone flagged it as inappropriate. If anything, contest it and mention that you have Travis' graces for the audio, and if they find that the video is too offensive, put an age restriction notice on it.
PsychoNavigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #9
butthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoNavigator View Post
It's a 50/50 shot as to why, but more than likely, someone flagged it as inappropriate. If anything, contest it and mention that you have Travis' graces for the audio, and if they find that the video is too offensive, put an age restriction notice on it.

I think its more about the usage of the copyrighted video material. I'd be willing to bet on it.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:08 AM   #10
PsychoNavigator
Just hangin' out bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthole View Post
I think its more about the usage of the copyrighted video material. I'd be willing to bet on it.
You might be right I don't recall what the footage was. I'd cite fair use, not like it's for profit so much as it is for creative re-interpretation. Well, worst case scenario, take the video footage and flip it vertically so it's reversed, then re-upload it. Makes it harder for them to match imprints up and flag it for removal automatically.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #11
F. Mercenary
Human Being Human

F. Mercenary is on a distinguished road
Man this fucking blows! I had a video on my account that my brother had made of a collage of videos and photos about animal cruelty & liberation with the song "This Is The A.L.F." by a punk band named Conflict, and it was up for 3 years with more than 110,000 views and they just recently decided to take it off for the same reasons. Fucking hell!
F. Mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #12
Caninus Crew
Buster Bluth

Man, that fucking sucks because your video actually meant something, it had a message. Mine was just meant to be a laugh and show some good gore. I'm thinking of moving to Vimeo.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #13
PsychoNavigator
Just hangin' out bro

Quote:
Man, that fucking sucks because your video actually meant something, it had a message. Mine was just meant to be a laugh and show some good gore. I'm thinking of moving to Vimeo.

This is a good idea. It gets less exposure, but it's a better flash player, not to mention the other major benefit of having less exposure, less stupid posts by YTards.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #14
Caninus Crew
Buster Bluth

It's back!

Cattle Decapitation - We Are Horrible People from Caninus Crew on Vimeo.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #15
thegrindcorps
Sir Grindsalot

thegrindcorps is on a distinguished road
Can't we just live in a world without censorship?
thegrindcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #16
PsychoNavigator
Just hangin' out bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrindcorps View Post
Can't we just live in a world without censorship?
Because it's not about censorship so much as it is about money.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #17
thegrindcorps
Sir Grindsalot

thegrindcorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoNavigator View Post
Because it's not about censorship so much as it is about money.
Sadly its probably true. I just don't see the need even with money on the line. IT would be one thing if you tied someone up, taped open their eyes and forced them to watch it. I would imagine this isn't the case for most people watching youtube though. Its sad that people like google and the fcc have to sensor everything and pathetic that people can't just shut off things they don't like or don't anticipate liking seeing or hearing.
thegrindcorps is offline   Reply With Quote