SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.







Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #31
Honky Reduction
Registered User
 
Honky Reduction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,378
Rep Power: 0 Honky Reduction is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomes of Deceit View Post
Not that I expect any of you conspiracy nuts to listen...

Even if this woman's condition was caused by the flu shot, a 1 in a million side effect is no reason to stay away from a medical treatment or procedure. I'm sure everyone here either has undergone (or will undergo in the not-too-distant future) some sort medical procedure that does, in fact, have a extremely slight chance of serious side effects. You could even die during a routine colonoscopy. Many over the counter medications have possibility of serious side effects.

I don't bother to get flu shots because I'm in good health and it doesn't seem necessary. But there is a definite possibility that swine flu could mutate and become lethal. If it does that, you can bet I'll be getting the shot. What's that? Don't I know the government wants me dead or seriously incapacitated? Right, because it's TOTALLY in their interest to kill off the source of their revenue...

Some of you pat yourself on the back thinking you are "seeing through" some twisted government plot, but it's a joke. It doesn't matter if you're a religious fundamentalist or a conspiracy theorist. If you're part of the drooling anti-science mob, it's all the same.

Seconded!
This is just as dumb as the 9/11 conspiracy...
Honky Reduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #32
modern death
Hails
 
modern death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 15,183
Rep Power: 25 modern death will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomes of Deceit View Post
Not that I expect any of you conspiracy nuts to listen...

Even if this woman's condition was caused by the flu shot, a 1 in a million side effect is no reason to stay away from a medical treatment or procedure. I'm sure everyone here either has undergone (or will undergo in the not-too-distant future) some sort medical procedure that does, in fact, have a extremely slight chance of serious side effects. You could even die during a routine colonoscopy. Many over the counter medications have possibility of serious side effects.

I don't bother to get flu shots because I'm in good health and it doesn't seem necessary. But there is a definite possibility that swine flu could mutate and become lethal. If it does that, you can bet I'll be getting the shot. What's that? Don't I know the government wants me dead or seriously incapacitated? Right, because it's TOTALLY in their interest to kill off the source of their revenue...

Some of you pat yourself on the back thinking you are "seeing through" some twisted government plot, but it's a joke. It doesn't matter if you're a religious fundamentalist or a conspiracy theorist. If you're part of the drooling anti-science mob, it's all the same.
As always, ace.
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #33
flayedandskinned
Registered Abuser
 
flayedandskinned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 5,275
Rep Power: 0 flayedandskinned is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomes of Deceit View Post
Not that I expect any of you conspiracy nuts to listen...

Even if this woman's condition was caused by the flu shot, a 1 in a million side effect is no reason to stay away from a medical treatment or procedure. I'm sure everyone here either has undergone (or will undergo in the not-too-distant future) some sort medical procedure that does, in fact, have a extremely slight chance of serious side effects. You could even die during a routine colonoscopy. Many over the counter medications have possibility of serious side effects.

I don't bother to get flu shots because I'm in good health and it doesn't seem necessary. But there is a definite possibility that swine flu could mutate and become lethal. If it does that, you can bet I'll be getting the shot. What's that? Don't I know the government wants me dead or seriously incapacitated? Right, because it's TOTALLY in their interest to kill off the source of their revenue...

Some of you pat yourself on the back thinking you are "seeing through" some twisted government plot, but it's a joke. It doesn't matter if you're a religious fundamentalist or a conspiracy theorist. If you're part of the drooling anti-science mob, it's all the same.
well said.
flayedandskinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #34
Dunlop
Registered User
 
Dunlop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 1,834
Rep Power: 11 Dunlop will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
you got any evidence to back that up, or you like making an idiot out of yourself on the internet?

at any rate, LOL
You're right, I jumped the gun on saying there was no cancer before. It was probably just less understood. I realize it was there before, it was just a terrible general assumption I had made, so my bad.

But, I don't think it was as big of a problem as it is now. Seriously, how many people died of cancer 100+ years ago in comparison to now? The same can be said about a lot of health problems. I think it's safe to say most problems are caused by people putting things in their body when they shouldn't. People always forget to test for the long term... Vaccines hold the same possibility as every other government fuck up.

"So, it appears Agent Orange is bad for us. Sorry about that guys, we didn't know... Some of your family died, you say? Well here's $20,000 to shut up about it"

How often do politicians make apologies like this? ...I'd say, more than we'd like to think! It gives good reason to not trust a fucking word they say about anything!

http://www.cancervic.org.au/about-ca...ancer-history#
Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #35
ChAAPY
it's one louder
 
ChAAPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 15,028
Rep Power: 26 ChAAPY is on a distinguished road
Comparing this to Agent Orange is quite laughable.

Anyway, I contacted seasonal flu 3 weeks ago and ended up getting the shot shortly after. Everyone else in my class got it too except for one guy. Now he was swine flu.
ChAAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #36
Dunlop
Registered User
 
Dunlop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 1,834
Rep Power: 11 Dunlop will become famous soon enough
There's no comparison. It's 2 totally different situations. What they do have in common is a bunch of scientists saying "use this! this is the good stuff"... And how often do we find problems later on? I see no reason to trust something that any government is pushing so strongly. They seem to be trying to sell us the idea of getting it done... When governments and doctors start acting like telemarketers, it's time to ignore them.
Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #37
imbutawaveto
NIGGA GUNK
 
imbutawaveto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 5,729
Rep Power: 16 imbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyless View Post
Never had a flu shot, never had the flu.
imbutawaveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #38
ShadowHunter
violently violating
 
ShadowHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: croatia
Posts: 6,592
Rep Power: 15 ShadowHunter will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlop View Post
But, I don't think it was as big of a problem as it is now. Seriously, how many people died of cancer 100+ years ago in comparison to now?
hahaha. are you actually serious?

simple math here: more people=>more people die of cancer & more advanced medical technology/knowledge (as in diagnostics)=>more accurate diagnoses (meaning a greater accuracy in determining cause of death)

your statement is as ignorant as the popular "lol, windoz iz so more vulnerable to viruz attax than other OSz. t3h hax0rz 1337"
ShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #39
imbutawaveto
NIGGA GUNK
 
imbutawaveto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 5,729
Rep Power: 16 imbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura about
seriously. if a person died of cancer in the 20's they had no fucking idea what it was. a lot of the time they set the cause of death as "consumption" there's no accurate statistic as to how many people died of cancer in the past because they simply didnt understand it.
imbutawaveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #40
Dunlop
Registered User
 
Dunlop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 1,834
Rep Power: 11 Dunlop will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
hahaha. are you actually serious?

simple math here: more people=>more people die of cancer & more advanced medical technology/knowledge (as in diagnostics)=>more accurate diagnoses (meaning a greater accuracy in determining cause of death)

your statement is as ignorant as the popular "lol, windoz iz so more vulnerable to viruz attax than other OSz. t3h hax0rz 1337"
ratios are simple to understand. your other point is logical
Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #41
Djeez
Calisse
 
Djeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,646
Rep Power: 10 Djeez is on a distinguished road
I've been getting obligatory flu shots for the last 4 years, and this year I won't be getting one. I'm so dead.

Anyway, what's the deal with that vaccine? Are people that retarded? This flu shot is barely different from any other, besides the fact that it works with a different breed. That video is way more of a brainwashing job than what the government is supposedly doing by advising/making people get shots.
Djeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #42
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll
 
disGUSt(tx)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Then: Houston, TX Now: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 4,519
Rep Power: 9 disGUSt(tx) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
your statement is as ignorant as the popular "lol, windoz iz so more vulnerable to viruz attax than other OSz. t3h hax0rz 1337"
Bad example. Windows is much more vulnerable to virus attacks, as well as any other malware. There's not a lot of people out there programming viruses for Mac OS's and there is very very few for developing them for Linux distributions, seeing as each distribution is essentially a different operating system, and there's probably about 100 different distributions of linux. I have been running various Linux distros since for about 7 years now, and while I have run into some bugs (I usually will try betas when they come out) I have never downloaded or been attacked by a virus. I even check my IP logs for malicious or suspiscious IP's that might be tracking me and I have never even had an issue with that.

Windows is shit. Face it.
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #43
modern death
Hails
 
modern death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 15,183
Rep Power: 25 modern death will become famous soon enough
If you get a virus on your computer, you don't deserve to have one.
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #44
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal
 
Grindmasterflesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wallstreet
Posts: 10,945
Rep Power: 20 Grindmasterflesh will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomes of Deceit View Post
Not that I expect any of you conspiracy nuts to listen...

Even if this woman's condition was caused by the flu shot, a 1 in a million side effect is no reason to stay away from a medical treatment or procedure. I'm sure everyone here either has undergone (or will undergo in the not-too-distant future) some sort medical procedure that does, in fact, have a extremely slight chance of serious side effects. You could even die during a routine colonoscopy. Many over the counter medications have possibility of serious side effects.

I don't bother to get flu shots because I'm in good health and it doesn't seem necessary. But there is a definite possibility that swine flu could mutate and become lethal. If it does that, you can bet I'll be getting the shot. What's that? Don't I know the government wants me dead or seriously incapacitated? Right, because it's TOTALLY in their interest to kill off the source of their revenue...

Some of you pat yourself on the back thinking you are "seeing through" some twisted government plot, but it's a joke. It doesn't matter if you're a religious fundamentalist or a conspiracy theorist. If you're part of the drooling anti-science mob, it's all the same.
just wanted to mention that I didnt watch the vid. my response was aimed at that flu hysteria going on in general.
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #45
ShadowHunter
violently violating
 
ShadowHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: croatia
Posts: 6,592
Rep Power: 15 ShadowHunter will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by disGUSt(tx) View Post
Bad example. Windows is much more vulnerable to virus attacks, as well as any other malware. There's not a lot of people out there programming viruses for Mac OS's and there is very very few for developing them for Linux distributions, seeing as each distribution is essentially a different operating system, and there's probably about 100 different distributions of linux. I have been running various Linux distros since for about 7 years now, and while I have run into some bugs (I usually will try betas when they come out) I have never downloaded or been attacked by a virus. I even check my IP logs for malicious or suspiscious IP's that might be tracking me and I have never even had an issue with that.

Windows is shit. Face it.
good job at missing the point while actually hinting at it in your very own statement. very good job, indeed
ShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #46
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal
 
Grindmasterflesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wallstreet
Posts: 10,945
Rep Power: 20 Grindmasterflesh will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vriend View Post
And I'ld like to see you shut the fuck up!
haha
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #47
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll
 
disGUSt(tx)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Then: Houston, TX Now: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 4,519
Rep Power: 9 disGUSt(tx) is on a distinguished road
I don't quite get what you're talking about. I don't care. I'm not ignorant because I think Windows is a fucking piece of shit.
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #48
Schwenger
Administrator
 
Schwenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,053
Rep Power: 10 Schwenger will become famous soon enoughSchwenger will become famous soon enough
He's saying that more people use Windows and therefore it makes more sense to develop a virus for Windows. However Windows does suck and is more vulnerable because of various holes. You both make sense haha.
Schwenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #49
novareaper
\(_o)/
 
novareaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 4,191
Rep Power: 11 novareaper will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ten_second_infinity View Post
If you get a virus on your computer, you don't deserve to have one.
this. i really dont understand how anybody could be stupid enough to get a virus on their computer

that being said, i got a flu shot this morning just to spite you all
novareaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #50
serocs
>implying
 
serocs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: meheeco
Posts: 4,526
Rep Power: 12 serocs will become famous soon enough
why would u get flu shots?
serocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #51
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal
 
Grindmasterflesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wallstreet
Posts: 10,945
Rep Power: 20 Grindmasterflesh will become famous soon enough
its easy to ask that if you cant get one anyways.

i love btm and emotions.
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #52
RICE510
Registered User
 
RICE510's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: California
Posts: 7,617
Rep Power: 18 RICE510 will become famous soon enoughRICE510 will become famous soon enough
wakeness meter seems to be...
RICE510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #53
Regurgitated
pls
 
Regurgitated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,419
Rep Power: 9 Regurgitated is on a distinguished road
so if Nova Reaper stops posting we know he's walkin it out...
Regurgitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #54
novareaper
\(_o)/
 
novareaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 4,191
Rep Power: 11 novareaper will become famous soon enough
i'm already losing feeling in my legs
novareaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #55
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal
 
Grindmasterflesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wallstreet
Posts: 10,945
Rep Power: 20 Grindmasterflesh will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICE510 View Post
wakeness meter seems to be...
did you know they are building concentrations camps all over the us, right now - in your basement!
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #56
ShadowHunter
violently violating
 
ShadowHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: croatia
Posts: 6,592
Rep Power: 15 ShadowHunter will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICE510 View Post
wakeness meter seems to be...
OVER 9000!!!
ShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #57
gourmetanthropophagy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: detroit
Posts: 2,398
Rep Power: 8 gourmetanthropophagy is on a distinguished road
haha talk about a twist of fate
gourmetanthropophagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #58
RICE510
Registered User
 
RICE510's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: California
Posts: 7,617
Rep Power: 18 RICE510 will become famous soon enoughRICE510 will become famous soon enough
still worth avoiding though. nasty shit... Even anti-biotics are good to avoid for similar, more grounded reasons.

Best to have a healthy, natural immune system that gets it's fair share of non-over-the-top 'reasonable' practice.

A flu is worth weathering every once in a few years, as long as it's properly attended.

There really is no reason to "pimp" vaccines on reasonably healthy people other to increase profitability.
RICE510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:45 PM   #59
Moemers
Flower Travelin
 
Moemers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Surface of the Sun
Posts: 6,177
Rep Power: 0 Moemers is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICE510 View Post

A flu is worth weathering every once in a few years, as long as it's properly attended.
Properly attended?
Moemers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #60
Tomes of Deceit
keyboard warrior
 
Tomes of Deceit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 7,685
Rep Power: 17 Tomes of Deceit is on a distinguished road
I think I heard somewhere that cancer is more prevalent than it used to be because life expectancy is longer, so people are dying from cancer who might have already died from some other cause a few hundred years ago.

Don't have any source on this stuff though.
Tomes of Deceit is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bringbackmaggy, do it for obama, flu shot=pro zionism, lesser puciato, lesseranimal=gregpuciato, vriendistough, vriendslayswhites, wakeness was right, zionistic flu shot




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -