SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #31
Honky Reduction

Rep Power: 0 Honky Reduction is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomes of Deceit View Post
Not that I expect any of you conspiracy nuts to listen...

Even if this woman's condition was caused by the flu shot, a 1 in a million side effect is no reason to stay away from a medical treatment or procedure. I'm sure everyone here either has undergone (or will undergo in the not-too-distant future) some sort medical procedure that does, in fact, have a extremely slight chance of serious side effects. You could even die during a routine colonoscopy. Many over the counter medications have possibility of serious side effects.

I don't bother to get flu shots because I'm in good health and it doesn't seem necessary. But there is a definite possibility that swine flu could mutate and become lethal. If it does that, you can bet I'll be getting the shot. What's that? Don't I know the government wants me dead or seriously incapacitated? Right, because it's TOTALLY in their interest to kill off the source of their revenue...

Some of you pat yourself on the back thinking you are "seeing through" some twisted government plot, but it's a joke. It doesn't matter if you're a religious fundamentalist or a conspiracy theorist. If you're part of the drooling anti-science mob, it's all the same.

Seconded!
This is just as dumb as the 9/11 conspiracy...
Honky Reduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #32
modern death
Hails

Quote:

Even if this woman's condition was caused by the flu shot, a 1 in a million side effect is no reason to stay away from a medical treatment or procedure. I'm sure everyone here either has undergone (or will undergo in the not-too-distant future) some sort medical procedure that does, in fact, have a extremely slight chance of serious side effects. You could even die during a routine colonoscopy. Many over the counter medications have possibility of serious side effects.

I don't bother to get flu shots because I'm in good health and it doesn't seem necessary. But there is a definite possibility that swine flu could mutate and become lethal. If it does that, you can bet I'll be getting the shot. What's that? Don't I know the government wants me dead or seriously incapacitated? Right, because it's TOTALLY in their interest to kill off the source of their revenue...

Some of you pat yourself on the back thinking you are "seeing through" some twisted government plot, but it's a joke. It doesn't matter if you're a religious fundamentalist or a conspiracy theorist. If you're part of the drooling anti-science mob, it's all the same.
As always, ace.
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #33
flayedandskinned
Registered Abuser

Rep Power: 0 flayedandskinned is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

well said.
flayedandskinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #34
Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
you got any evidence to back that up, or you like making an idiot out of yourself on the internet?

at any rate, LOL
You're right, I jumped the gun on saying there was no cancer before. It was probably just less understood. I realize it was there before, it was just a terrible general assumption I had made, so my bad.

But, I don't think it was as big of a problem as it is now. Seriously, how many people died of cancer 100+ years ago in comparison to now? The same can be said about a lot of health problems. I think it's safe to say most problems are caused by people putting things in their body when they shouldn't. People always forget to test for the long term... Vaccines hold the same possibility as every other government fuck up.

"So, it appears Agent Orange is bad for us. Sorry about that guys, we didn't know... Some of your family died, you say? Well here's $20,000 to shut up about it"

How often do politicians make apologies like this? ...I'd say, more than we'd like to think! It gives good reason to not trust a fucking word they say about anything!

http://www.cancervic.org.au/about-ca...ancer-history#
Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #35
ChAAPY
it's one louder

Comparing this to Agent Orange is quite laughable.

Anyway, I contacted seasonal flu 3 weeks ago and ended up getting the shot shortly after. Everyone else in my class got it too except for one guy. Now he was swine flu.
ChAAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #36
Dunlop

There's no comparison. It's 2 totally different situations. What they do have in common is a bunch of scientists saying "use this! this is the good stuff"... And how often do we find problems later on? I see no reason to trust something that any government is pushing so strongly. They seem to be trying to sell us the idea of getting it done... When governments and doctors start acting like telemarketers, it's time to ignore them.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #37
imbutawaveto
NIGGA GUNK

Rep Power: 16 imbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyless View Post
Never had a flu shot, never had the flu.
imbutawaveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #38
ShadowHunter
violently violating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlop View Post
But, I don't think it was as big of a problem as it is now. Seriously, how many people died of cancer 100+ years ago in comparison to now?
hahaha. are you actually serious?

simple math here: more people=>more people die of cancer & more advanced medical technology/knowledge (as in diagnostics)=>more accurate diagnoses (meaning a greater accuracy in determining cause of death)

your statement is as ignorant as the popular "lol, windoz iz so more vulnerable to viruz attax than other OSz. t3h hax0rz 1337"
ShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #39
imbutawaveto
NIGGA GUNK

Rep Power: 16 imbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura aboutimbutawaveto has a spectacular aura about
seriously. if a person died of cancer in the 20's they had no fucking idea what it was. a lot of the time they set the cause of death as "consumption" there's no accurate statistic as to how many people died of cancer in the past because they simply didnt understand it.
imbutawaveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #40
Dunlop

Quote:
hahaha. are you actually serious?

simple math here: more people=>more people die of cancer & more advanced medical technology/knowledge (as in diagnostics)=>more accurate diagnoses (meaning a greater accuracy in determining cause of death)

your statement is as ignorant as the popular "lol, windoz iz so more vulnerable to viruz attax than other OSz. t3h hax0rz 1337"
ratios are simple to understand. your other point is logical
Old 10-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #41
Djeez
Calisse

I've been getting obligatory flu shots for the last 4 years, and this year I won't be getting one. I'm so dead.

Anyway, what's the deal with that vaccine? Are people that retarded? This flu shot is barely different from any other, besides the fact that it works with a different breed. That video is way more of a brainwashing job than what the government is supposedly doing by advising/making people get shots.
Djeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #42
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll

Quote:
Bad example. Windows is much more vulnerable to virus attacks, as well as any other malware. There's not a lot of people out there programming viruses for Mac OS's and there is very very few for developing them for Linux distributions, seeing as each distribution is essentially a different operating system, and there's probably about 100 different distributions of linux. I have been running various Linux distros since for about 7 years now, and while I have run into some bugs (I usually will try betas when they come out) I have never downloaded or been attacked by a virus. I even check my IP logs for malicious or suspiscious IP's that might be tracking me and I have never even had an issue with that.

Windows is shit. Face it.
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #43
modern death
Hails

If you get a virus on your computer, you don't deserve to have one.
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #44
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

Quote:

just wanted to mention that I didnt watch the vid. my response was aimed at that flu hysteria going on in general.
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #45
ShadowHunter
violently violating

Quote:
Originally Posted by disGUSt(tx) View Post
Bad example. Windows is much more vulnerable to virus attacks, as well as any other malware. There's not a lot of people out there programming viruses for Mac OS's and there is very very few for developing them for Linux distributions, seeing as each distribution is essentially a different operating system, and there's probably about 100 different distributions of linux. I have been running various Linux distros since for about 7 years now, and while I have run into some bugs (I usually will try betas when they come out) I have never downloaded or been attacked by a virus. I even check my IP logs for malicious or suspiscious IP's that might be tracking me and I have never even had an issue with that.

Windows is shit. Face it.
good job at missing the point while actually hinting at it in your very own statement. very good job, indeed
Old 10-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #46
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vriend View Post
And I'ld like to see you shut the fuck up!
haha
Old 10-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #47
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll

I don't quite get what you're talking about. I don't care. I'm not ignorant because I think Windows is a fucking piece of shit.
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #48
Schwenger
Administrator

Rep Power: 10 Schwenger will become famous soon enoughSchwenger will become famous soon enough
He's saying that more people use Windows and therefore it makes more sense to develop a virus for Windows. However Windows does suck and is more vulnerable because of various holes. You both make sense haha.
Schwenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #49
novareaper
\(_o)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten_second_infinity View Post
If you get a virus on your computer, you don't deserve to have one.
this. i really dont understand how anybody could be stupid enough to get a virus on their computer

that being said, i got a flu shot this morning just to spite you all
novareaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #50
serocs
>implying

why would u get flu shots?
serocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #51
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

its easy to ask that if you cant get one anyways.

i love btm and emotions.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #52
RICE510

Rep Power: 18 RICE510 will become famous soon enoughRICE510 will become famous soon enough
wakeness meter seems to be...
RICE510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #53
Regurgitated
pls

so if Nova Reaper stops posting we know he's walkin it out...
Regurgitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #54
novareaper
\(_o)/

i'm already losing feeling in my legs
novareaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #55
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICE510 View Post
did you know they are building concentrations camps all over the us, right now - in your basement!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #56
ShadowHunter
violently violating

Quote:
OVER 9000!!!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #57
gourmetanthropophagy

haha talk about a twist of fate
gourmetanthropophagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #58
RICE510

Rep Power: 18 RICE510 will become famous soon enoughRICE510 will become famous soon enough
still worth avoiding though. nasty shit... Even anti-biotics are good to avoid for similar, more grounded reasons.

Best to have a healthy, natural immune system that gets it's fair share of non-over-the-top 'reasonable' practice.

A flu is worth weathering every once in a few years, as long as it's properly attended.

There really is no reason to "pimp" vaccines on reasonably healthy people other to increase profitability.
RICE510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:45 PM   #59
Moemers
Flower Travelin

Quote:

A flu is worth weathering every once in a few years, as long as it's properly attended.
Properly attended?
Moemers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #60
Tomes of Deceit
keyboard warrior

I think I heard somewhere that cancer is more prevalent than it used to be because life expectancy is longer, so people are dying from cancer who might have already died from some other cause a few hundred years ago.

Don't have any source on this stuff though.
Tomes of Deceit is online now   Reply With Quote