SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:49 AM   #31
Pwnsauce

Kobe gets away with another cheapshot and he looks like the good guy. It would make my week if they suspended Kobe but there is no way in hell that will happen.

I can't wait to see his face when we destroy them in Houston.

Last edited by Pwnsauce; 05-07-2009 at 01:55 AM..
Pwnsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:00 AM   #32
Defleshuary
-

I can't fucking stand Kobe. He's anything but a good guy. He's a flat out dirty playing, cocky, piece of shit. That whole team camaraderie is nothing more than a show. I really don't think Artest deserved the boot, but he obviously knew a T was coming. I do like that he was letting Kobe know that he can't get away with that shit. They best not give him a suspension for the next game. Derek Fisher however should be suspended for game 3.

I could listen to Ron Artest postgame interviews all day long. He just talked about a childhood game and a dude getting hit in the chest with a lead pipe and dying on the court. That's why he's used to these types of games. Dude is insane, but goddamn can he play.
Defleshuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #33
Pwnsauce

RAWRRRR
Old 05-07-2009, 02:07 AM   #34
phagist_
scatter the ember

Rep Power: 15 phagist_ will become famous soon enoughphagist_ will become famous soon enough
eddie house destroyed ..4-4 3pts.

and holy fuck at that rondo dunk JESUS
phagist_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:17 AM   #35
Defleshuary
-

I didn't know Rondo could get up like that! Watching House drives me nuts. Dude is all over the place like he's having an anxiety attack.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:27 AM   #36
phagist_
scatter the ember

Rep Power: 15 phagist_ will become famous soon enoughphagist_ will become famous soon enough
he took off from pretty far as well.. fuck me that boy can jump
phagist_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:33 AM   #37
m138jewski

cant stand kobe either, gets away with all kinds of bullshit
m138jewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:37 AM   #38
Defleshuary
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by m138jewski View Post
cant stand kobe either, gets away with all kinds of bullshit
And it's all goddamn blatant, but still the dude somehow comes off as a "good guy" and "team player."
Old 05-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #39
Skyless
Day man / Night man

Artest
- Convicted and served jail time for domestic violence.
- Got his dog taken away for mal-nourishment
- Time and time again has undermined the league, his coaches, and other players, most in a seemingly violent manner
- Goes into the seats and starts throwing fists at fans.

Quote:
During his rookie season with the Chicago Bulls, he was subject to criticism for applying for a job at Circuit City, just to get an employee discount. He once attended an Indiana Pacers practice in a bath robe. He was suspended for two games in the early 2004–05 season by Pacers coach Rick Carlisle after he allegedly asked for a month off because he was tired from promoting an R&B album for the group Allure on his production label. Artest had also been suspended for three games in 2003 for destroying a television camera in Madison Square Garden.

He was suspended for Game 2 of the team's first-round series against the San Antonio Spurs following a flagrant foul (elbow to the head) on Manu Ginóbili. The Kings eventually were eliminated from the playoffs in six games.

After the playoffs, Artest offered to donate his entire salary to keep teammate Bonzi Wells with the team, who became a free agent after the 2005–06 NBA season. He even jokingly threatened to kill Wells if he did not re-sign with the Kings.
When I grow up, I want to be just like Ron Artest.
Skyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #40
Pwnsauce

Ron is completely different than how he is portrayed by the media. Just listen to anyone who's ever met him, his past coaches, teammates. He's made a lot of mistakes but he is much much more mature now.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #41
Skyless
Day man / Night man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnsauce View Post
Ron is completely different than how he is portrayed by the media. Just listen to anyone who's ever met him, his past coaches, teammates. He's made a lot of mistakes but he is much much more mature now.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #42
m138jewski

artest is gangsta
Old 05-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #43
Skyless
Day man / Night man

Quote:
artest is gangsta
Artest is a moron and him trying to take the moral high ground was at least entertaining.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #44
m138jewski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyless View Post
Artest is a moron and him trying to take the moral high ground was at least entertaining.
he can ball though. he wasn't trying to take the moral highground, he was thuggin. and kobe is a fucking faggot
Old 05-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #45
Skyless
Day man / Night man

Quote:
he can ball though. he wasn't trying to take the moral highground, he was thuggin. and kobe is a fucking faggot
Kobe is my hero.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #46
m138jewski

Quote:
Kobe is my hero.
hes one of the best, I won't deny it, but he knows it too and is just rank with arrogance
Old 05-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #47
Skyless
Day man / Night man

Quote:
hes one of the best, I won't deny it, but he knows it too and is just rank with arrogance
Yeah, but Artest isn't doing Houston any favors by egging him on and running his mouth at Kobe like he tends to.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #48
m138jewski

Quote:
Yeah, but Artest isn't doing Houston any favors by egging him on and running his mouth at Kobe like he tends to.
I'm no artest fan either. he's a tough player but he's unstable as fuck. I wouldn't mind having him on my team though, or kobe for that matter
Old 05-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #49
Skyless
Day man / Night man

Quote:
I'm no artest fan either. he's a tough player but he's unstable as fuck. I wouldn't mind having him on my team though, or kobe for that matter
I think calling Artest unstable might be an understatement, but he is a great player.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #50
m138jewski

Quote:
I think calling Artest unstable might be an understatement, but he is a great player.
indeed
Old 05-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #51
AnthonyB

I'm picking the Nuggets and Cavs (obv.) I don't know what to call for Rockets/Lakers yet though. Should be a real interesting series.

The Magic don't stand a chance against my Celtics. I have watched almost every game this season, only missing the ones I absolutely had to, and I think everyone in the media is underestimating the Cs chances. We have so much fucking HEART on our team. We have one of the most unified and driven teams in the league (still with plenty of talent, even missing KG and Leon) and in the playoffs guys who you'd never expect are stepping up and playing awesome. Not to mention Rondo playing out of his mind, and Baby and Perk contributing like crazy every game. Don't count us out. We are going to give the Cavs a run for their money. It ain't gonna be easy Lebron. We're not the don't-give-a-shit Pistons or the athletic-yet-immature-and-unfocused Hawks, we are the MOTHERFUCKING CELTICS. WORLD CHAMPIONS BABY.
AnthonyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #52
AnthonyB

Old 05-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #53
Skyless
Day man / Night man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
I'm picking the Nuggets and Cavs (obv.) I don't know what to call for Rockets/Lakers yet though. Should be a real interesting series.

The Magic don't stand a chance against my Celtics. I have watched almost every game this season, only missing the ones I absolutely had to, and I think everyone in the media is underestimating the Cs chances. We have so much fucking HEART on our team. We have one of the most unified and driven teams in the league (still with plenty of talent, even missing KG and Leon) and in the playoffs guys who you'd never expect are stepping up and playing awesome. Not to mention Rondo playing out of his mind, and Baby and Perk contributing like crazy every game. Don't count us out. We are going to give the Cavs a run for their money. It ain't gonna be easy Lebron. We're not the don't-give-a-shit Pistons or the athletic-yet-immature-and-unfocused Hawks, we are the MOTHERFUCKING CELTICS. WORLD CHAMPIONS BABY.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #54
AnthonyB

Quote:
Yeah I was at that game. Your point? You think Baby crying means we lack team unity or we're not tough? It means Baby cares about his team and winning more than anything else. He was playing really poorly and got really frustrated and emotional. I don't believe in macho bullshit. Baby is the fucking man and has been playing huge for us in the Playoffs and will continue to do so.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #55
Skyless
Day man / Night man

Quote:
Yeah I was at that game. Your point? You think Baby crying means we lack team unity or we're not tough? It means Baby cares about his team and winning more than anything else. He was playing really poorly and got really frustrated and emotional. I don't believe in macho bullshit. Baby is the fucking man and has been playing huge for us in the Playoffs and will continue to do so.
Baby is a douche and an inadequate replacement for Garnett. Not to mention their bench now lacks Sam Cassel, James Posey and Eddie House showing up for one game a series isn't exactly reliable production.

They're down what, Posey, Cassel, Powe, Garnett and have Scalabrine and Davis stepping in?

Last edited by Skyless; 05-07-2009 at 05:54 PM..
Old 05-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #56
AnthonyB

Whatever. My team has the will to win and we just may shock everyone, including Lebron. There's nothing more that needs to be said, other than

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #57
Skyless
Day man / Night man

Quote:
Whatever. My team has the will to win and we just may shock everyone, including Lebron. There's nothing more that needs to be said, other than

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!
Feel free to hope in one hand and shit in the other, let me know which fills up first.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #58
m138jewski

Quote:

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!
if they had garnett, maybe. without, not a chance. and before you flame the mavs, I already know they are gonna get killed so save your breath
Old 05-07-2009, 06:02 PM   #59
AnthonyB

Quote:
Feel free to hope in one hand and shit in the other, let me know which fills up first.
You are from California and probably like the Lakers so everything you say means shit to me.

Here's Kendrick Perkins being awesome.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #60
AnthonyB

Quote:
if they had garnett, maybe. without, not a chance. and before you flame the mavs, I already know they are gonna get killed so save your breath
I wouldn't flame the Mavs because I like them a lot as a team, but I don't think they're gonna make it by Denver honestly.

And yeah, our chances are slim without Kevin, but CELTIC PRIDE means you never give up and never mentally quit, whether you're a fan or a player.