SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
Ouroboros
Nescient

Zeitgeist: Addendum

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05277695921912

This sequel further examines the role of money, debt, and how banking/corporate institutions use a corrupt and illogical system to form methods of (not necessarily intentional) social control.

Feel free to form an immediate opinion and assume that the information presented in the film is guilty of paranoid Wakeness reasoning. But, I think it's wise to watch it with an open mind, and to pursue any interest in the topic with adequate research. I feel the film's focus is a very important issue, and I think that individuals and humanity as a whole can benefit from the awareness of how money and debt restricts our freedom and places enormous amounts of power into corrupt institutions and individuals.

Note: The sequel is free of any 9/11 conspiratorial radicalism and NWO speculation/paranoia.
Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
Nun Stampede!
Lives in a houseboat

In before "I'm not going to watch this because I feel uncomfortable watching movies that are based on radical ideas that are different than my own. Therefore, any source of logic that bases itself out of my comfort zone should immediately be dismissed as the ravings of a lunatic, and the creators of said movie should be ridiculed for their failure to conform to the ignorant bliss that we all know as daily life."
Nun Stampede! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #3
stabwound
Corpsefiend

The first one was terrible. I watched this a few months ago when it first came out and didn't really like it. I'm not as informed on this type of stuff as some people on this board, but as far as I know this one has a lot less bullshit presented as fact, like the first. Some parts were cool though, I just didn't like the "this will solve the problem" stuff like the venus project (also something I don't know a whole lot about ). Worth watching though I guess.
stabwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
LesserAnimal

Rep Power: 0 LesserAnimal is an unknown quantity at this point
A good way to become interested in the subject.

I'm not sure how I feel about John Perkins. I don't even know if his books have references - they're based on 'first hand accounts' and experience.

I'm not saying those interventions aren't historical fact - I just wish they'd have interviewed someone like Peter Dale Scott instead.

Drugs, Oil, and War (Afghanistan, Columbia, and some of his older work on Vietnam)

The Road to 9/11 (Contextualizes 9/11 by tracing relevant 20th century American history + more)

+ other stuff of his. *gushes*
LesserAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
Silverback

i think the first one is awesome on the religion side of things....the 9/11 shit i dont buy at all...
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
Nun Stampede!
Lives in a houseboat

My stance on the 9/11 conspiracy theories is that a lot of the shit they said in these videos is complete bullshit, but some of it could very well be true. At this point, however, it isn't worth worrying yourself about until pigs fly, or JFK's file is released to the public.

JFK, however, was definitely not killed the way the government insists he was. It's just physically impossible if you know anything about exit wounds. He was shot from the front.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #7
ChAAPY
it's one louder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nun Stampede! View Post
JFK, however, was definitely not killed the way the government insists he was. It's just physically impossible if you know anything about exit wounds. He was shot from the front.
impossible? far from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOxU2H-O0FM
ChAAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #8
Muscles McPantski
Lier X. Agerate

I was having a conversation about Zeitgeist the other day among a group of friends. I was really unsure about the whole 9/11 thing. Zeitgeist made a conspiracy seem plausible... but the way my friend ripped into it was way more convincing.

I believe the main point he had was that Zeitgeist really assumes that the enforcement section of the government can never make a mistake in a way that the terrorists would be able to ram two planes into the WTC... which is, of course, false. Unless you actually believe the government is perfect.
Muscles McPantski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #9
nigelwho
N/A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkFb26u9g8

"Money as Debt" does a much better job explaining the banking system without that aura Zeitgeist puts out.
nigelwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #10
LesserAnimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipants View Post
I was having a conversation about Zeitgeist the other day among a group of friends. I was really unsure about the whole 9/11 thing. Zeitgeist made a conspiracy seem plausible... but the way my friend ripped into it was way more convincing.
Zeitgeist and 98% of 9/11 truth related books present falsehoods and poor evidence.

Please don't take Zeitgeist's 9/11 presentation for the truth. It has been raped by "debunkers" for months and months now.

If you're interested in the issue, I suggest Scott's book I mentioned above.

Or, the next would be Mike Ruppert's book "Crossing the Rubicon", but I'm still unsure about it. I haven't read it front to back, and have seen some so so criticism of it.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #11
Muscles McPantski
Lier X. Agerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserAnimal View Post
Zeitgeist and 98% of 9/11 truth related books present falsehoods and poor evidence.

Please don't take Zeitgeist's 9/11 presentation for the truth. It has been raped by "debunkers" for months and months now.

If you're interested in the issue, I suggest Scott's book I mentioned above.

Or, the next would be Mike Ruppert's book "Crossing the Rubicon", but I'm still unsure about it. I haven't read it front to back, and have seen some so so criticism of it.
It's a shame these books don't hype themselves up as much as Zeitgeist and its fans does.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:35 PM   #12
LesserAnimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipants View Post
It's a shame these books don't hype themselves up as much as Zeitgeist and its fans does.
Yeah. Instead Webster Tarpley/David Ray Griffin are the poster boys in 9/11 publishing.

Crossing the Rubicon has sold many, many copies for a book claiming conspiracy. It has almost 200 reviews on Amazon, and I've seen it at Barnes and Noble.

The Road to 9/11 is actually published by the University of California Press, one of the best in the country. Apparently they spent a solid year fact-checking it. You can imagine the risk they take in publishing a book which openly asks whether or not American elements had a hand in creating the 9/11 event.

Wieland (Quartertone) just read this book, and I think he liked it.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #13
Noxious.Offender

0 care

hope the world burns to the ground soon
Noxious.Offender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #14
ChAAPY
it's one louder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserAnimal View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about John Perkins. I don't even know if his books have references
this is an excellent way to tell if the author knows their shit.

if this guy really doesn't have any in any of his books, then wow.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #15
LesserAnimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAAPY View Post
this is an excellent way to tell if the author knows their shit.

if this guy really doesn't have any in any of his books, then wow.
Well, it's a "special" circumstance. He isn't a historian or even a writer. He claims to have been an "economic hit man" DOING these things and has abandoned it.

http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Ec...8171920&sr=8-1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Perkins_(author)

His books were NYT best sellers. I haven't read them. I don't know what or how much documentation he has ever provided either in his material or to his publishers.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #16
ChAAPY
it's one louder

too funny.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #17
Ouroboros
Nescient

I don't want this thread to turn into an argument about the discrepancies of the first Zeitgeist, but rather get people to reflect specifically on the content of the sequel.

I think a lot of people are keeping their guard up and missing the main point of the film, getting far too involved with details of what is quite obviously an individual perspective on reality and society. But, it holds merit, especially when it comes to the monetary system, and discussing the ideals of the Venus Project. I personally hate being confined and enslaved by a paper symbol, working and exhausting myself for no other reason but to purchase food, and objects that bring me happiness. Why should we perpetuate this struggle if we can be conscious enough to create something better? It disgusts me that we are slaves to our jobs, most of which have nothing to do with what we are interested in. I feel like this film has a solid message, and it's purpose is to get people thinking about reality/society and start criticizing it. Although it has mostly only resulted in backlash, which is disappointing. But I suppose expected from people who simply can't surrender their worldview, or just feel too helpless to care.

Last edited by Ouroboros; 12-01-2008 at 06:22 PM..
Old 12-01-2008, 07:33 PM   #18
Djeez
Calisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
to purchase food, and objects that bring me happiness
That's the thing.

People are too selfish.What they want is to clear THEIR debts to get THEIR plastic shit to create THEIR force-fed idea of happiness.That's why an economical reform will just not happen.Tell people that they're paying their own money, and they just won't care as long as their 20$ bills can still be exchanged into booze.

I'd watch the vid but it's too damn huge for my internet.
Djeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #19
Muscles McPantski
Lier X. Agerate

Quote:
I don't want this thread to turn into an argument about the discrepancies of the first Zeitgeist, but rather get people to reflect specifically on the content of the sequel.

I think a lot of people are keeping their guard up and missing the main point of the film, getting far too involved with details of what is quite obviously an individual perspective on reality and society. But, it holds merit, especially when it comes to the monetary system, and discussing the ideals of the Venus Project. I personally hate being confined and enslaved by a paper symbol, working and exhausting myself for no other reason but to purchase food, and objects that bring me happiness. Why should we perpetuate this struggle if we can be conscious enough to create something better? It disgusts me that we are slaves to our jobs, most of which have nothing to do with what we are interested in. I feel like this film has a solid message, and it's purpose is to get people thinking about reality/society and start criticizing it. Although it has mostly only resulted in backlash, which is disappointing. But I suppose expected from people who simply can't surrender their worldview, or just feel too helpless to care.
So basically people should accept the video because it's something completely different yet has a million fallacies? Good one.

Here, let me put summarize all three parts of the first Zeitgeist for you.

i) About the religion part: Who gives a fuck; most people who agreed with that part weren't religious anyways, so it accomplished dickall.

ii) The 9/11 conspiracy part has been ripped into a million pieces.

iii) The credibility of the part on the federal reserve was undermined by the part about the 9/11 conspiracy.

So, if you want people to follow the movement to have a free market, look somewhere else. Zeitgeist is done. If anything, the idiots that made it hurt the movement to resort to a free market by lumping it with their fucking 9/11 conspiracy theory.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:40 PM   #20
Ouroboros
Nescient

Man, I'm not talking about any information in the first film. The second film outlines ideas that I am discussing.

If you want to talk about the controversial aspects of the first film, then make a thread about that.

I'm talking about economic reform, and a general paradigm shift of human understanding and behaviour. What drives action now is money, the reason we "can't" do something is because of a current economic system that governs our actions. Which is simply not true in reality. What really should be influencing our behaviour is the availability of the planets resources, not the amount of money an individual or a nation possesses. So, the idea is to shift to a level of understanding, where we let what resources are available to us, as the human race, be the lifeblood of our society, not the illusion of money and property. This is basically the only topic of focus that is in the sequel.

Last edited by Ouroboros; 12-01-2008 at 09:11 PM..
Old 12-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #21
Nun Stampede!
Lives in a houseboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAAPY View Post
I wasn't talking about which way his head jerked, actually. I was talking more about where the damage to the skull was placed.

I'm having trouble finding the video, however.

I don't care much about this any more. If the government wants to convince me that they did not kill JFK, they could release the files and give a quality explanation, but its been about 40 years and they've still failed to do so. Not that it really matters now.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:00 PM   #22
AllP0werToSlaves
Riff-tastic

Zeitgeist is a good beginners guide to conspiracy theories. If anyone is interested in some really intense shit that will make you question the very world we live in, PM me.
AllP0werToSlaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:01 PM   #23
Nun Stampede!
Lives in a houseboat

http://break.com/index/insane-rainbo...racy-lady.html

This shit is pretty mind boggling.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #24
SlipkyesBass
ChavezBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllP0werToSlaves View Post
Zeitgeist is a good beginners guide to conspiracy theories. If anyone is interested in some really intense shit that will make you question the very world we live in, PM me.
your gonna tell me bout how nintendo tried to dominate the world but sony and microsoft took it away from them?
SlipkyesBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #25
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Just finished watching Zeitgeist: Addendum. First off the movie could be half as long if the'd cut out all the drama and get to the main points. This movie doesn't really present any new material. There are plenty of other videos and books out there that talk about this, along with a few politicians (very few that is), and a few economists. I'm nearly finished reading Peter Schiff's book Crash Proof, where there's a lot of talk about monetary policy, and how debt enslaves us by design.

Only part of this vid that I thought was a little weird was the section on the Venus Project. I just don't see how that would work. If anyone else here has watched this and understands how the Venus Project could work, please explain.
INCINERATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #26
Ouroboros
Nescient

Quote:
The goal is real freedom. Not the illusion we walk in the midst of everyday of our lives, being poisoned by industry, enslaved by debt and controlled by self preserving mechanisms of the established power elite. Humanity needs to come together, and collectively recognize its common interests for well being, and work in harmony by sharing its ideas and resources through education, high level innovation and creativity, to achieve a sustainable society, where no one is left behind.

Imagine a world without debt and servitude; where the earth is utilized for its maximum potential without pollution or environmental destruction, and where acts of war, competition and other forms of corruption are nothing more than historical footnotes in future history books.

When we understand that sustainable progress does not come from competing with each other for property or identity, but rather from working together, we begin to see how paralyzed, distorted and, in many ways, imprisoned, our current world society is.
http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/faq-home.htm

Apparently the Venus Project is now associated with Zeitgeist, which is unfortunate and unwise, because the film is obviously confusing people as to the goals of the project. The fact that the filmmakers last film had a controversial perspective with a strong narrative bias is clearly turning people off of these progressive ideas. Or perhaps, skepticism is just too rampant among the majority of people viewing the film, since I was able to come away with an improved understanding of how the current economic capitalistic system is limiting human progress, and creating vast amounts of uneccessary waste, environmental damage and human suffering.

The FAQ is entirely answered by Venus Project creator Jacque Fresco, and will probably answer any questions you have, it's covers a lot of their philosophy.

Last edited by Ouroboros; 12-01-2008 at 10:39 PM..
Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #27
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Quote:
From The Venus Project
I understand why they want to do it. But I don't see how it's possible. From my understanding they want technology to replace basically 90% of our workforce, hense no need for money because no one is working, and since machines are building and maintaining everything, there is supposed to be an endless supply of resources, hense they are free, here again, no need for money. But where's the incentive to create and build this technology without some sort of compensation? Where's the incentive to constantly improve the techonogy. Who's going to maintain it and repair it when needed. Someone's got be doing some work here. Not everyone could have a free ride for the rest of their life in the Venus Project.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #28
Ouroboros
Nescient

Oh no! It's going to be hard work, with a meaningful result, which has positive intentions for the development and future of mankind! Yeah, right, I would rather work for minimum wage...

...We have to understand that money is an illusion, and represents nothing of value in reality. We use it as a frivolous symbol to represent a transaction of goods that are rightfully everyone's to inherit and use. Our productivity would be based on a desire to keep living, and progressing, and for the greater good. It's going to be hard for this to seem possible, because it is a complete paradigm shift from our current structure and world view.

I heavily edited my other post, by the way, which you quoted earlier.

Last edited by Ouroboros; 12-01-2008 at 10:46 PM..
Old 12-01-2008, 11:01 PM   #29
Ouroboros
Nescient

Also, never have they said that we have an endless supply of resources. They advocate intelligent management and assessment of our current resources to discover what we could sustainably produce and maintain in society.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #30
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Here again, someone explain how this Venus Project is going to come into existence without people working, and being paid money for their labor. How would the Venus Project sustain itself without humans doing some form of work? And why would they do the work without any incentive. I mean, even an animal that doesn't understand greed, such as a dog, needs incentive to perform a trick beyond their day to day normal activities.