SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:52 AM   #211
thinkpad20

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertroll View Post
I worshipped TCD when it was new, but listening to it for the first time in a while the other day I just found some of the tunes annoying (especially Disobedience Pays). Some of the songs also have too much repetition for my taste. Still excellent, of course.
I'd tend to agree... TCD is awesome but there's a bit too much repetition in some songs, and overall I feel it's not quite as edgy as UASWNI. But it's very, very good.
thinkpad20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #212
Stupefaction
Tom Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertroll View Post
I worshipped TCD when it was new, but listening to it for the first time in a while the other day I just found some of the tunes annoying (especially Disobedience Pays). Some of the songs also have too much repetition for my taste. Still excellent, of course.
What's wrong with Disobedience Pays? I recall talking to you about this a while ago and you expressed your dislike for it then as well. I think it's one of Anata's most unusual songs. That off-kilter chugging and that wicked bass just do it for me everytime. Plus that riff at 3:08 is just killer.
Stupefaction is offline   Reply With Quote