SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #91
F0RBIDDEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementGuitar View Post
I hate being negative. I just have to stop being a puss and move on with life. Just need to figure out what makes me happy (minus the band) and go get it.
Also hate being negative. I'm such a pessimistic worrying faggot, I'm trying really hard lately to be positive and happy and generally be a pretty pleasant guy to be around because I hate being around negative people so I don't want other people to feel the same way about me... Dunno what it is that makes me this way but I really want to figure out how to just take life as it is and enjoy the fun parts and not worry about the bad, those are the kinds of people that are successful and have the closest friends and put smiles on people's faces when they enter the room. I want to be that guy dammit!
F0RBIDDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:33 AM   #92
mortalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Profoundis View Post
Urgh. Yeah, fucking shit in my life. Have an albums worth of quality material and not finding a drummer capable who is fucking interested and capable and then having the band break up, very likely not going to release it in any capacity...fucking drills me hard.
yeah, that's always fun.
mortalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:34 AM   #93
The Yeti

I see your Vanessa and raise you an Isabella

After fucking her for a while it took me a long time to find pleasure in fucking any other chick
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:38 AM   #94
entwinedwithsickness
almost human

n00dz?
entwinedwithsickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #95
entwinedwithsickness
almost human

I'll pass.

oh and Vriend, you were wondering how I got the wound on my dick right? Blowjob gone wrong. Girl had 5 tongue piercings, I had over 30 drinks and was so numb I couldn't feel anything so she was trying hard and I was pushing back forcefully. It was really difficult to walk for 2 weeks.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #96
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwinedwithsickness View Post
I'll pass.

oh and Vriend, you were wondering how I got the wound on my dick right? Blowjob gone wrong. Girl had 5 tongue piercings, I had over 30 drinks and was so numb I couldn't feel anything so she was trying hard and I was pushing back forcefully. It was really difficult to walk for 2 weeks.
the story alone was worth it
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #97
Goaters
無月

Rep Power: 18 Goaters will become famous soon enoughGoaters will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by F0RBIDDEN View Post
Also hate being negative. I'm such a pessimistic worrying faggot, I'm trying really hard lately to be positive and happy and generally be a pretty pleasant guy to be around because I hate being around negative people so I don't want other people to feel the same way about me... Dunno what it is that makes me this way but I really want to figure out how to just take life as it is and enjoy the fun parts and not worry about the bad, those are the kinds of people that are successful and have the closest friends and put smiles on people's faces when they enter the room. I want to be that guy dammit!
successful people don't just take life as it is.. they succeed(or achieve highly) mostly by seeing bad thing or opportunities and either correct them or use them to their advantage. success is just a word, there's no real universal guideline to measure it on.. one mans success is another mans walk in the park. people you described only exist through the help of synthetic drugs.. or spirituality and i'm willing to bet those who embrace life spiritualy don't have what you would call success. to enjoy life.. one needs to know and face the bad parts of life.. so they can measure the two up, it's only then that someone can REALLY enjoy life.
why would you want to force change upon yourself and mold yourself into so idealistic image just because you think it will make your life better and make change you into a better person?... sounds more like a faker to me.
this is just my philosophies and thoughts, I don't know what kinda dude you are in person, though i doubt your not a horrible person..
man, if you want to succeed at something.. then all you need is the will and the drive to reach that mark of success. If that's what you think will make you the most happy at the end of the day then that's all you need to aim for.. anything else should come naturally.. You don't have to go changing yourself and who you are to do that..
unless you're a complete worthless downer fuckwit.. which by the sounds of things your not.. then all of that should just be the difference between making up your mind and not.
i don't think you should be getting caught up on the idea that you need to change who you are.
Goaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:22 AM   #98
Johnny-Skinless
Vlad Dracul

You are right Goaters. This thread gets me down. It seems like some people here really let all life problems get them down bad, really bad because they seem so concerned with money, relationships and how are they viewed by other people. Personally, i try to avoid all that as much as possible and just do what i wanna do without hurting other people, of course. My philosophy is all about having a free mind, a strong attitude and all.
Johnny-Skinless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #99
Nailed To Gold1

missing Carcass 1 month ago in NY after driving to the venue.

Overall, missing all the amazing shows that came around NY back when I was a teenager.

And #1 thing that hurt the most: a bad trip.
Nailed To Gold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:23 PM   #100
LesserAnimal

Rep Power: 0 LesserAnimal is an unknown quantity at this point
*The* book on the human situation and love's relation to it:

LesserAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #101
Chilidem
Sicknessament

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserAnimal View Post
*The* book on the human situation and love's relation to it:

You know of books for everything. Any good books to recommend for pottery making?
Chilidem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #102
Szadou
#GlitterTearsCoterie

I do.

Szadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #103
Mol
WOMBBEATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilidem View Post
You know of books for everything. Any good books to recommend for pottery making?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadou View Post
I do.

Somehow I knew it was coming but:

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #104
sativa cyborg
tr00 kvlt lol

Success is subjective. Money is only success for those who dream of it; unfortunately the american "dream" of being numbed by material possessions and wealth is forced onto all of us through our social institutions.

Whether or not you acknowledge it, you're going to die someday. Don't be afraid, don't pity yourself and don't stop living... death is part of the natural cycle and should be celebrated the same way birth is. What am I getting to here? Life is short. You don't know when you're going to die, there are no guarantees and your life could stop at any minute.

The moral of the story? Dwelling on the past is wasted time. Chase what makes you feel alive and don't ever give up. You might have had some hard time recently but don't let it get you down, you might not have what you want, but at least you're breathing and capable of chasing your dreams. No matter where you end up, it's the journey that counts.
sativa cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #105
entwinedwithsickness
almost human

I just wake up every morning, look myself in the mirror and say "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it, people like me."

Stuart Smalley FTW
Old 10-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #106
LesserAnimal

Rep Power: 0 LesserAnimal is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilidem View Post
Ahh, but this book is my very favorite in existence. Less than 120 pages, and is likely to get you interested in humanistic philosophy.

Fromm's explanation of the basic human situation is priceless and something we either take for granted, or are completely unaware of.

He elaborates on what he considers the "essence" of humanity in a book currently out of print called "The Heart of Man" which I also recommend heartily. He also discusses narcissism, and for the first time in print I believe, his necrophilia/biophilia character concepts.

I'll type up excerpts if anyone's interested.
LesserAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #107
teacup
Duck Master

Do it.
teacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:55 PM   #108
veshly

On the subject of life being too short:

What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you in your loneliest loneliness and say to you: "This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence—even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!"

Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: "You are a god and never have I heard anything more divine." If this thought gained possession of you, it would change you as you are or perhaps crush you. The question in each and every thing, "Do you desire this once more, and innumerable times more?" would lie upon your actions as the greatest weight. Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?
- Friedrich Nietszche, The Gay Science.
veshly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #109
VilEffigy
King of the Nig Nogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserAnimal View Post
Ahh, but this book is my very favorite in existence. Less than 120 pages, and is likely to get you interested in humanistic philosophy.

Fromm's explanation of the basic human situation is priceless and something we either take for granted, or are completely unaware of.

He elaborates on what he considers the "essence" of humanity in a book currently out of print called "The Heart of Man" which I also recommend heartily. He also discusses narcissism, and for the first time in print I believe, his necrophilia/biophilia character concepts.

I'll type up excerpts if anyone's interested.
I am. I believe I've read something from him previously, but I'm interested in the excerpts.
VilEffigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #110
Raad
'sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by veshly View Post
On the subject of life being too short:

What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you in your loneliest loneliness and say to you: "This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence—even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!"

Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: "You are a god and never have I heard anything more divine." If this thought gained possession of you, it would change you as you are or perhaps crush you. The question in each and every thing, "Do you desire this once more, and innumerable times more?" would lie upon your actions as the greatest weight. Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?
- Friedrich Nietszche, The Gay Science.
I just started reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Raad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #111
Reincremation
deranged from bud

his idea of eternal recurrence is certainly one of the strangest philosophical ideas that he supported, but an interesting one nonetheless.
Reincremation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:00 PM   #112
teacup
Duck Master

teacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:03 PM   #113
ziel

Knowing you most likely just fucked up any chance that you had for a relationship with someone.

Last edited by ziel; 10-06-2008 at 10:06 PM..
ziel is online now   Reply With Quote