SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:32 PM   #61
serocs
>implying

this thread sheds manly tears

respect
serocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #62
Spew
Big Baby Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saldiac View Post
I've been to Geelong. Or rather drove through it.
Back in 2005 on my Oz/NZ trip I rented a car in Melbourne and drove towards Adelaide inland but before making it there turned towards the Great Ocean Road which I drove along for about a week.
Was fucken awesome.

And oh, Melbourne. Just saw a gig by Missy Higgins tonight. She's mighty cute and her music is great.

Sorry all for making this morose thread a bit more positive and happy.
Geelong is good value.

Yeah I actually don't mind Missy Higgins. She sings with a stupid accent though and she's bisexual. Word.
Spew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:43 PM   #63
Goaters
無月

Rep Power: 18 Goaters will become famous soon enoughGoaters will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spew View Post
I'm feeling a bit the same too.

I was living in a town called Geelong which is about one hour drive from Melbourne, the capital of my state.

I moved to Melbourne because I wanted a bit of a sea change. Even though I've got friends up in Melbourne it was still pretty daunting and to be honest I'm feeling pretty lonely up here, especially being away from friends that I've grown up with and my family.

It's a struggle and with some recent events happening as well it's become really hard, but... I'm going to try and stay positive and really make an effort to turn it around here.

I'm not really interested in getting a woman though. Just want to make an impact with music and be happy with it.
damn.. i'm about to kinda do the same thing.. moving away from close friends, connections and vacating my general comfort zone for music related means +better work opportunities.
i have so many doubts and thoughts circling my head day in day out it's almost sending me over the edge haha..i know in the long run it's gonna be worth it though.. i know that everyone needs to stick their head out of the comfort zone and put their neck on the line in order to achieve anything or get anywhere with their lives. and that you pretty much can't fail if you never give up. but things are pretty tough during the early stages of that process. and there's never really any guaranty that things will be better around the corner. but if you're working towards something you truly want then there is a 100% guarantee that things will get better and you'll look back and say it was all worth it.

the move for me isn't help by the fact that there's a girl involved as well.. she's my best friends ex but.. hanging out with her is like time doesn't exists... :)... or is it :(.

it probably helps alittle for you Spew that you're not involved with any girl right now and you aren't looking. haha but going by my past experiences its when you're not exactly looking that you meet a really nice one.
Good luck with Melbourne anyway. keep an eye out for Odiousembowle and Akaname those Ex kiwi fuckers.

Last edited by Goaters; 10-06-2008 at 04:17 AM..
Goaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #64
Saldiac

Quote:
Geelong is good value.

Yeah I actually don't mind Missy Higgins. She sings with a stupid accent though and she's bisexual. Word.
Watch it, I love her accent. It makes my loins burn.
Saldiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:51 PM   #65
Spew
Big Baby Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaters View Post
damn.. i'm about to kinda do the same thing.. moving away from close friends, connections and vacating my general comfort zone for music related means +better work opportunities.
i have so many doubts and thoughts circling my head day in day out it's almost sending me over the edge haha..i know in the long run it's gonna be worth it though.. i know that everyone needs to stick their head out of the comfort zone and put their neck on the line in order to achieve anything or get anywhere with their lives. and that you pretty much can't fail if you never give up. but things are pretty tough during the early stages of that process. and there's never really any guaranty that things will be better around the corner. but if you're working towards something you truly want then there is a 100% guarantee that things will get better and you'll look back and say it was all worth it.

the move for me isn't help by the fact that there's a girl involved as well.. she's my best friends ex but.. hanging out with her is like time doesn't exists... :)... or is it :(.

it probably helps alittle for you Spew that you're not involved with any girl right now and you aren't looking. haha but going by my past experiences its when you're not exactly looking when you meat a really nice one.
Good luck with Melbourne anyway. keep an eye out for Odiousembowle and Akaname those Ex kiwi fuckers.
If it doesn't improve I'll probably just setting children on fire, like I used to do.

Man you should really move down here. Kiwi's get all the pussy here.

Quote:
I just laughed out and everyone looked at me wierd. Thanks asshole.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #66
Goaters
無月

Rep Power: 18 Goaters will become famous soon enoughGoaters will become famous soon enough
Quote:
If it doesn't improve I'll probably just setting children on fire, like I used to do.

Man you should really move down here. Kiwi's get all the pussy here.
haha
i may move oneday, for now i have other things guiding me along other paths. but hey, those may lead to Melbourne. i'm sure i'll be there in the next 12ths for a visit or something.
Where is flemington, Victoria??. there's a girl there who i'd like to get with

unrelated but i got a call from my dad last night at about 12 am, he's in Perth, first thing he said was that i should fly to Perth and burn it down. he thinks it's a ridiculous city or something. but pretty funny at 12am.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #67
Spew
Big Baby Jesus

Flemington is right near the CBD.

Would you mind if I soften her up for you? You can have my sloppy seconds!

Perth is really nice but apparently it's pretty boring.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:06 PM   #68
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl

Rep Power: 20 Lichtbringer is a jewel in the roughLichtbringer is a jewel in the roughLichtbringer is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by F0RBIDDEN View Post
Word of advice people, fuck money. You only live once, spend that fucking time chasing whatever it is you care about and making it happen. Do whatever the fuck it takes to be happy.
Funny thing, the one thing I really want to achieve is being rich as hell. Probably because I have everything else that I need.

That being said, if fucking hurts getting eliminated in the Sunday Million.
Lichtbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:08 PM   #69
Nun Stampede!
Lives in a houseboat

Sex with Vanessa was pretty awesome, dude.
Nun Stampede! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #70
Goaters
無月

Quote:
Flemington is right near the CBD.

Would you mind if I soften her up for you? You can have my sloppy seconds!

Perth is really nice but apparently it's pretty boring.
good to know.. i will track her down like a wolf tracking down an injured gazelle.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:22 PM   #71
Spew
Big Baby Jesus

You gonna try and track her when it's that time of the month eh?
Old 10-05-2008, 11:30 PM   #72
Transient
i wont

this thread is awesome
Transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:46 PM   #73
Andromalius

Things that hurt, knowing that although smoking weed everyday at lunch in grade 9 was a fucking blast, it defiantly killed one too many brain cells, and took me a while to recover from the stupidity I obtained from it. Also hurts knowing that no matter how many times I play guitar I will never achieve even a fraction of what Ihsahn can do. :( But all in all, why look at the negatives? If people sat down everyday and looked at all the positives, we wouldn't need anti depressants. But people love to be negative, so fuck it.
Andromalius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:48 PM   #74
ChAAPY
it's one louder

things that hurt: listening to "Wish You Were Here" (song) while drunk. baaad idea, haha.
ChAAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #75
Woody
Armored Virus

school+work=sucks.

im not that close with some of my friends ive been quite close with before cause i have like no time for anything...not even for myself much. i cherished HS as much as i could, i wish i had more time though lol. fun while it lasted, time for the real world nowwwwwwwwwwww
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:14 AM   #76
Goaters
無月

Quote:
You gonna try and track her when it's that time of the month eh?
yeah, that time of the month.. or hopefully she gets knocked about at a hardcore show and draws blood. then i'm on it like a white pointer circling a baby harp seal.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:21 AM   #77
ElementGuitar

I hate being negative. I just have to stop being a puss and move on with life. Just need to figure out what makes me happy (minus the band) and go get it.
ElementGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:54 AM   #78
quartertone
Academmik musition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincremation View Post
i had a distance relationship for a year and hey, we broke up in august. so fuck your optimism
I had one for three years and then married the lady, so fuck your pessimism.
quartertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:07 AM   #79
Schwenger
Administrator

Rep Power: 10 Schwenger will become famous soon enoughSchwenger will become famous soon enough
I'm currently living with my girl, and we have had one for over two years. She came up here (from Florida) and it's surreal. So many terrible moments though. The worst was always the phone call laying back on your bed after returning.
Schwenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:19 AM   #80
Tomes of Deceit
keyboard warrior

I've been in a semi-long distance relationship for over 3 years...come next fall I will be living with the girl if not any sooner. It's a pretty amazing thought, because long distance relationships are shitty. Even when they work, it's like part of you is just waiting for something else. Well, I'm getting closer to being done with this phase and I think about it all the time.
Tomes of Deceit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:35 AM   #81
Goaters
無月

see you next Tuesday..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJsM1Tl7_jE
Old 10-06-2008, 04:37 AM   #82
Cloaca
IS HE GONE YET

Rep Power: 19 Cloaca will become famous soon enoughCloaca will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Gah.... no. Hate it.
Cloaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:48 AM   #83
De Profoundis
۞CC♆LTIST

Rep Power: 21 De Profoundis is just really niceDe Profoundis is just really niceDe Profoundis is just really niceDe Profoundis is just really niceDe Profoundis is just really nice
Urgh. Yeah, fucking shit in my life. Have an albums worth of quality material and not finding a drummer capable who is fucking interested and capable and then having the band break up, very likely not going to release it in any capacity...fucking drills me hard.
Haha Spew, I'm thinking of moving to Geelong cause I've got no friends here, and 1 mate in Geelong, rents cheap as fuck down there and will have to take the train back and forth everyday. Oh well. I am however focusing on my throat singing and getting very good at it so it's a great inspiration to me to have.
De Profoundis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:42 AM   #84
phagist_
scatter the ember

Rep Power: 15 phagist_ will become famous soon enoughphagist_ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I'm feeling a bit the same too.

I was living in a town called Geelong which is about one hour drive from Melbourne, the capital of my state.

I moved to Melbourne because I wanted a bit of a sea change. Even though I've got friends up in Melbourne it was still pretty daunting and to be honest I'm feeling pretty lonely up here, especially being away from friends that I've grown up with and my family.

It's a struggle and with some recent events happening as well it's become really hard, but... I'm going to try and stay positive and really make an effort to turn it around here.

I'm not really interested in getting a woman though. Just want to make an impact with music and be happy with it.
yo man where abouts in Melbourne are you living?
without trying to sound like a 60 y.o pedo

btw im a 18 y.o girl looking for a good time, haha
phagist_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:43 AM   #85
Surt
brutulord

I've heard of someone who dislocated their hip/leg whatever that joint is, playing football and the St Johns Ambulance bloke ran towards him to snap it back into place but didn't know that in the process of the dislocation, one of the guy's testicles had slipped into the socket itself, so when the medic went to snap the leg back into place... well you cna imagine the rest.
Surt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #86
Szadou
#GlitterTearsCoterie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementGuitar View Post
No, she wasn't fanged, buddy. It hurts because I can't have that anymore.
I have something that will cheer you up... Rape™!

She said no?
Rape™ is the answer!

She doesn't like you anymore?
Turn to Rape™ for help!

She should have said yes?
Rape™ is what you need!

She looked at you seducingly?
Use Rape™ on her and she'll be all yours!

Don't wait around feeling sad and lonely... RAPE™ THAT SCUNTŪ!

RAPE™ - the asnwer to all your girl problems!

Call 1-800-RAPE-THAT-SCUNT now and get a free keychain!

Last edited by Szadou; 10-06-2008 at 08:02 AM..
Szadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:33 AM   #87
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

I had an extremly close relationship 2 years ago. We lived together - at age 17/18 - destroyed the whole relationship, goes in detail here though. we still hang together somehow...meet and stuff. I would take her back any time. she isnīt sure...fucking hell. the only time I cried in the last 10 years? was always about her. not even my grandparents - we were close - made me cry. dammit.
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #88
Saldiac

Quote:
I just laughed out and everyone looked at me wierd. Thanks asshole.
You're welcome sweet cheeks.
Cloaca needs to be bitch slapped.

Back to day dreaming about Missy.
Saldiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #89
Transient
i wont

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Profoundis View Post
Urgh. Yeah, fucking shit in my life. Have an albums worth of quality material and not finding a drummer capable who is fucking interested and capable and then having the band break up, very likely not going to release it in any capacity...fucking drills me hard.
Haha Spew, I'm thinking of moving to Geelong cause I've got no friends here, and 1 mate in Geelong, rents cheap as fuck down there and will have to take the train back and forth everyday. Oh well. I am however focusing on my throat singing and getting very good at it so it's a great inspiration to me to have.
your riffs rule, though
Transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #90
VilEffigy
King of the Nig Nogs

Whenever I feel down in the dumps, I normally go to a show. For some reason, it's always worked....but I got a lot of chips on my shoulder, that I rather not express....
VilEffigy is offline   Reply With Quote