SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Festivals & Tours > Central Illinois Metalfest

Central Illinois Metalfest Website / MySpace
July 12 - 14 @ The Canopy Club in Urbana, IL

Old 07-02-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
The Human Artifact

Malevolent Creation Cancel CIM!! Utter Bullshit!!!

Malevolent Creation cancels CIM 2008...

Hey Folks...Matt here from the CIM!! Been a long,stressful past 2 weeks but here's the scoop....Malevolent Creation contacted me 3 weeks ago and said they were not going on tour as planned ( I Never booked them as a TOUR STOP) and no dates for a tour were announced when i got the final word from MC frontman(Brett Hoffman) that they were a 120% go for the CIM...(you can check his blog added on May 12th announcing them playing the event ...here is the link to his page ( www.myspace.com/factoryhines ) where you can see they are confirmed.

Brett said he would contact the band and try to make this happen as he felt his word was on the line....as of july 2nd I have not heard from him as promised and basically the band is saying fuck the CIM and the fans that were traveling from all over the world to see them perform...Not once did they try to work some sort of deal to try to make this happen AND if i knew this was a problem i could of booked them a show or two on the way to and from to make it work as I have my own Booking Agency.... It really bugs me as this was the band that got me into wanting to play death metal and having them on the bill was the highlight of all my work with the festival and to have them have no respect or concern for the thousands of dollars spent promoting their set and the problems it causes for me personally to scramble to find a band with 17 days to go till the event..is utter and complete bullshit!!!..so all i can say is i'm sorry for their unprofessionalism and we will never work with the band EVER again and warn caution to anyone who books them as this could happen to you....

SO...Monstrosity will be now headlining again on friday the 18th and Misery Index will now play the co headlining slot.....Estuary from Ohio has been added to the CIM and Deadnight from ILL. has replaced Ebonmortis who had to cancel due to lineup issues....

all other bands are scheduled to appear and things are all ready on my end...keep your fingers crossed no more stress!!! Travel safe and see you all soon!!!!

Matt (CIM)
The Human Artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:07 AM   #2
sadist_priest
Naypulm Deff

Man, that fucking sucks....I was REALLY looking forward to seeing Malevolent, especially since, being such a young dude, I never had the chance before. This sounds like a huge bummer for you, and I wish you the best of luck finding a good band you can count on to take MC's place. Good luck and horns and hails, and see you at CIM!
sadist_priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
rottenness

Thumbs up fuck no!!!

Thats a shame really not to see one band that we were psyched to see them live for the first time in our life.
But you are doing a great job Matt,we know you can find a replacement or at least make some moves on the fest to make this even better,good luck bro!!

Fist Fuck Family Intl
Cancun Mexico
rottenness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
Madcow3303
Cannabis Lover

This really sucks.... Hopefully you can find someone else....
Madcow3303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
Madcow3303
Cannabis Lover

Have Master be the headliner instead. Or try to get Lividity, Gorgasm, or Cianide on.
Madcow3303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
Virg

Master doesn't live in Chicago anymore. The Chasm would be a sweet replacement...
Virg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #7
Saldiac

You guys honestly think Matt is still gonna try to find a replacement 3 days prior to the fest's start?
Fuck Malevolent Creation. We'll have fun regardless.
Saldiac is offline   Reply With Quote