SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.







Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #3541
m138jewski
Moderator
 
m138jewski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 13,961
Rep Power: 23 m138jewski is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnsauce View Post
yeah for sure.
m138jewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #3542
Javi
Bring Them Down!
 
Javi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 10,679
Rep Power: 17 Javi is on a distinguished road
Wow..I just beat the arcade mode with this guy:


I just wanted to see his movie & how far I would get Have never used him in the challenge mode, Only took me 3 tries to beat Seth! sa-weet
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #3543
The Stench of Death
Registered User
 
The Stench of Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 768
Rep Power: 8 The Stench of Death is on a distinguished road
The CPU has a super hard time dealing with Giefs Lariat. So if you just walk up to them and x3 punch lariat you will get a knock down 99 percent of the time.

He's good for grinding out the trials to get the colors quick
The Stench of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #3544
LuketheBeef
Yersinia Pestis
 
LuketheBeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Metarie, LA
Posts: 163
Rep Power: 5 LuketheBeef is on a distinguished road
hmm
im not much of a gamer at all, but if i do play a video game i like the final fantasy stuff.
10, 7, 12, crisis core. those were the only ones really interesting to me, and i didnt really play any others.
oh and i liked tactics advanced
LuketheBeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #3545
modern death
Hails
 
modern death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 15,183
Rep Power: 25 modern death will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuketheBeef View Post
oh and i liked tactics advanced
Then check out the original on PSX
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:55 PM   #3546
LuketheBeef
Yersinia Pestis
 
LuketheBeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Metarie, LA
Posts: 163
Rep Power: 5 LuketheBeef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ten_second_infinity View Post
Then check out the original on PSX
yeha i got the one for PSP
im pretty sure its the same thing
i dont play games enough though
so its whatever
LuketheBeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:02 AM   #3547
modern death
Hails
 
modern death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 15,183
Rep Power: 25 modern death will become famous soon enough
"LOS ANGELES, Calif. – July 22, 2009 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and Legendary Pictures announced today that Sam Raimi has signed on to direct the eagerly-anticipated major motion picture based on Blizzard Entertainment®’s award-winning Warcraft® universe. Raimi has, in the course of his career, clearly demonstrated a genius for developing and adapting existing fictional universes for mainstream audiences while staying true to the spirit of the original content.

Raimi directed the Spider-Man trilogy, which has broken box-office records around the world and garnered five Academy Award® nominations. Known for his imaginative filmmaking style, richly drawn characters and offbeat humor, Raimi wrote and directed the cult classic, The Evil Dead and produced 30 Days Of Night. He most recently wrote and directed the supernatural thriller, Drag Me To Hell.

"At its core, Warcraft is a fantastic, action-packed story," said Raimi. "I am thrilled to work with such a dynamite production team to bring this project to the big screen."

Charles Roven’s producing talents were recently seen with last summer’s blockbuster The Dark Knight, which grossed in excess of $1 billion, was nominated for eight Academy Awards® and won two. His body of work also includes the widely acclaimed Batman Begins and the sci-fi classic 12 Monkeys. Roven, with Atlas producing partner Alex Gartner, will be producing with Legendary Pictures CEO Thomas Tull, Legendary’s Chief Creative Officer Jon Jashni, Raimi and Raimi’s producing partner Joshua Donen. Raimi’s partner, Robert Tapert, will be an Executive Producer and Blizzard Entertainment’s Senior Vice President of Creative Development, Chris Metzen, a Co-Producer.

"Partnering with Sam Raimi exemplifies Legendary's mandate of marrying the highest quality intellectual property to world-class filmmakers" said Legendary’s Tull. "Sam's passion for 'Warcraft' is undeniable and we know that he will create an incredible film worthy of Blizzard's phenomenal franchise. We look forward to collaborating with our partners at Warner Bros. and continuing our successful relationship with Chuck in bringing this rich new world to the screen."

"Blizzard Entertainment and Legendary Pictures have a shared vision for this film and we searched at length to find the very best director to bring that vision to life," said Paul Sams, chief operating officer of Blizzard Entertainment. "From our first conversation with Sam, we could tell he was the perfect choice. Sam knows how to simultaneously satisfy the enthusiasts and the mainstream audience that might be experiencing that content for the first time. We're looking forward to working with him to achieve that here."


lol
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:27 AM   #3548
Erland
två i tarmen!
 
Erland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Drammen
Posts: 6,114
Rep Power: 16 Erland will become famous soon enough
Plumbers don`t wear ties. interesting...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/an...ewattack/52921
Erland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:42 AM   #3549
Cloaca
IS HE GONE YET
 
Cloaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Pontevedra, Spain
Posts: 8,582
Rep Power: 19 Cloaca will become famous soon enoughCloaca will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ten_second_infinity View Post
"LOS ANGELES, Calif. – July 22, 2009 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and Legendary Pictures announced today that Sam Raimi has signed on to direct the eagerly-anticipated major motion picture based on Blizzard Entertainment®’s award-winning Warcraft® universe. Raimi has, in the course of his career, clearly demonstrated a genius for developing and adapting existing fictional universes for mainstream audiences while staying true to the spirit of the original content.

Raimi directed the Spider-Man trilogy, which has broken box-office records around the world and garnered five Academy Award® nominations. Known for his imaginative filmmaking style, richly drawn characters and offbeat humor, Raimi wrote and directed the cult classic, The Evil Dead and produced 30 Days Of Night. He most recently wrote and directed the supernatural thriller, Drag Me To Hell.

"At its core, Warcraft is a fantastic, action-packed story," said Raimi. "I am thrilled to work with such a dynamite production team to bring this project to the big screen."

Charles Roven’s producing talents were recently seen with last summer’s blockbuster The Dark Knight, which grossed in excess of $1 billion, was nominated for eight Academy Awards® and won two. His body of work also includes the widely acclaimed Batman Begins and the sci-fi classic 12 Monkeys. Roven, with Atlas producing partner Alex Gartner, will be producing with Legendary Pictures CEO Thomas Tull, Legendary’s Chief Creative Officer Jon Jashni, Raimi and Raimi’s producing partner Joshua Donen. Raimi’s partner, Robert Tapert, will be an Executive Producer and Blizzard Entertainment’s Senior Vice President of Creative Development, Chris Metzen, a Co-Producer.

"Partnering with Sam Raimi exemplifies Legendary's mandate of marrying the highest quality intellectual property to world-class filmmakers" said Legendary’s Tull. "Sam's passion for 'Warcraft' is undeniable and we know that he will create an incredible film worthy of Blizzard's phenomenal franchise. We look forward to collaborating with our partners at Warner Bros. and continuing our successful relationship with Chuck in bringing this rich new world to the screen."

"Blizzard Entertainment and Legendary Pictures have a shared vision for this film and we searched at length to find the very best director to bring that vision to life," said Paul Sams, chief operating officer of Blizzard Entertainment. "From our first conversation with Sam, we could tell he was the perfect choice. Sam knows how to simultaneously satisfy the enthusiasts and the mainstream audience that might be experiencing that content for the first time. We're looking forward to working with him to achieve that here."


lol
Hah, it will probably bomb at the box office because everyone who will want to see it will be too busy leading their guilds
Cloaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #3550
stabwound
Corpsefiend
 
stabwound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: California
Posts: 4,477
Rep Power: 14 stabwound is on a distinguished road
"Sam's passion for 'Warcraft' is undeniable"

stabwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #3551
Szadou
#GlitterTearsCoterie
 
Szadou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,467
Rep Power: 18 Szadou will become famous soon enough
According to Blabbermouth, Abhorrent is confirmed to appear on the soundtrack, a WoW machinima video to their new track "Level 80 Predator Shaman" will be shot by none other than Sam Raimi himself.
Szadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #3552
Moemers
Flower Travelin
 
Moemers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Surface of the Sun
Posts: 6,177
Rep Power: 0 Moemers is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadou View Post
According to Blabbermouth, Abhorrent is confirmed to appear on the soundtrack, a WoW machinima video to their new track "Level 80 Predator Shaman" will be shot by none other than Sam Raimi himself.
lol ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Moemers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #3553
modern death
Hails
 
modern death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 15,183
Rep Power: 25 modern death will become famous soon enough
HAHAHAH
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:42 PM   #3554
Johnny-Skinless
Vlad Dracul
 
Johnny-Skinless's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hell
Posts: 7,011
Rep Power: 17 Johnny-Skinless will become famous soon enough
Okay lets leave this wow talk for a minute. What is your favorite First Person Shooter ever?
Johnny-Skinless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #3555
veshly
Registered User
 
veshly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alberta.
Posts: 1,026
Rep Power: 10 veshly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-Skinless View Post
Okay lets leave this wow talk for a minute. What is your favorite First Person Shooter ever?

The original Unreal Tournament blew me away the first...maybe two years that I played it. To start off I couldn't believe that it ran as well as it did on my PC and the awesome online, countless mods and maps kept me coming back.
The following releases lost steam really quickly for me though.
veshly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #3556
ChAAPY
it's one louder
 
ChAAPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 15,028
Rep Power: 26 ChAAPY is on a distinguished road
Duck Hunt
ChAAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #3557
God Made Filth
Failures for Gods
 
God Made Filth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: los angeles
Posts: 3,041
Rep Power: 13 God Made Filth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-Skinless View Post
Okay lets leave this wow talk for a minute. What is your favorite First Person Shooter ever?
Marathon!
God Made Filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:03 PM   #3558
captaincleanoff
metal connoisseur
 
captaincleanoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manly, Sydney
Posts: 1,295
Rep Power: 10 captaincleanoff is on a distinguished road
Red Faction worth playing?
captaincleanoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #3559
Nihilist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,079
Rep Power: 15 Nihilist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincleanoff View Post
Red Faction worth playing?
I'm assuming you mean Guerrilla. If so, yep, it's quite cool. Nothing like the previous ones though.
Nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #3560
deathevocation
Registered User
 
deathevocation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,447
Rep Power: 10 deathevocation will become famous soon enough
Bought Call of Juarez yesterday, enjoying it.
deathevocation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:12 PM   #3561
phagist_
scatter the ember
 
phagist_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 5,537
Rep Power: 15 phagist_ will become famous soon enoughphagist_ will become famous soon enough
picked up burnout paradise for $15.. only played it for 10mins, it seems like a bit of fun.
phagist_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #3562
FecalFamine
This shit stinks
 
FecalFamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,263
Rep Power: 9 FecalFamine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincleanoff View Post
Red Faction worth playing?
I liked it but it's really not for everyone. For me the game is enjoyable to just lurk in the mountains near by an EDF base deciding a point of entry with the scope on my sniper even though it's way easier to just ram the buildings with a truck.

If you like destruction then don't let this game fool you, there's not a whole lot of things you can destroy since it's all copy pasted structures.

Still rocks.
FecalFamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:45 AM   #3563
Pwnsauce
Registered User
 
Pwnsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,382
Rep Power: 19 Pwnsauce is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by phagist_ View Post
picked up burnout paradise for $15.. only played it for 10mins, it seems like a bit of fun.
I just got it too. Did you download the 1.9 update? It's like playing a different game.
Pwnsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:54 AM   #3564
phagist_
scatter the ember
 
phagist_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 5,537
Rep Power: 15 phagist_ will become famous soon enoughphagist_ will become famous soon enough
Yeh I did, it was like 700mb lol
phagist_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:40 PM   #3565
God Made Filth
Failures for Gods
 
God Made Filth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: los angeles
Posts: 3,041
Rep Power: 13 God Made Filth is on a distinguished road
been playing FF10 the past few weeks. lovin it. great game.
God Made Filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #3566
slotheist
4d3d3d3 engaged
 
slotheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,092
Rep Power: 8 slotheist is on a distinguished road


anyone play Bibleman?
slotheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #3567
Johnny-Skinless
Vlad Dracul
 
Johnny-Skinless's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hell
Posts: 7,011
Rep Power: 17 Johnny-Skinless will become famous soon enough
I'm playing Return To Castle Wolfenstein for like the 20th time. Easily one of the greatest shooters (only matched by Half Life/2). The atmosphere is incredible! Plus the black metal refferences are endless haha. I come back to this game every few years.

As for the multiplayer thing, Unreal Tournament 2004, the CTF maps are unrivaled.. used to play that alot. Unfortunately i can't play the new one, as it wouldn't run on my machine for sure.
Johnny-Skinless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #3568
slotheist
4d3d3d3 engaged
 
slotheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,092
Rep Power: 8 slotheist is on a distinguished road
slotheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #3569
Pwnsauce
Registered User
 
Pwnsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,382
Rep Power: 19 Pwnsauce is on a distinguished road
shit looks so sick
Pwnsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:24 PM   #3570
modern death
Hails
 
modern death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 15,183
Rep Power: 25 modern death will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by slotheist View Post
wow
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
1.in re5 we are, 2.killing marlons people, ban vriend, call of duty ftw, consoles can hide snacks, cynic = gay cum core, cynic = win, cynic if fag, epidemic of faggotry, fuck roman temin, fuck_john_dwyer, grow the fuck up jewski, hellokittyislandadventure, i fucked princess tomato, itt:a bunch of nubs, jacks off to wow elf porn, jewski masturbates to gi, lesser wakeness, lesseranimal=gregpuciato, level 80 predator shaman, marlon = black + poor, marlon is a nigger virgin, modern warfare 2 > games, nerd rage, nerds, pc > ps3 > snes > xbox360, pc ftmfw, pc is for faggots, rpg kodex kolony, seth is a cunt, shits gay bro, spew just needs to puke, spew ruins threads, the jewski is a nigger, vman the librarian, wakeness has a bunker, wakeness_is_dumb, wii fails like roman, wii is for faggots, wii kicks ass, wow is for niggers, xbox360 is for faggots




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -