SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Musician Central

Musician Central music theory and gear discussion

Old 06-04-2008, 04:48 AM   #1
Defleshuary
-

Anyone ever deal with Carvin's service dept?

I have to call them tomorrow. My TS-100 fried out of no where today. No clue what caused it as I did nothing I haven't done with it for the past year or so. I can't find my damn receipt for it, but I know the parts are covered for 3 years. I'm hoping this can go well for me as I can't afford to replace it currently. Hopefully it can be fixed. I just wondered if anyone has dealt with them and if they're easy to work with.
Defleshuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:06 AM   #2
nigelwho
N/A

When I bought my guitar from them over the phone they were very eager to answer questions and were very knowledgeable. Never dealt with service department but my experience with them was great, hopefully it carries over to the service department.
nigelwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:38 AM   #3
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defleshuary View Post
I have to call them tomorrow. My TS-100 fried out of no where today. No clue what caused it as I did nothing I haven't done with it for the past year or so. I can't find my damn receipt for it, but I know the parts are covered for 3 years. I'm hoping this can go well for me as I can't afford to replace it currently. Hopefully it can be fixed. I just wondered if anyone has dealt with them and if they're easy to work with.
Dude, talk to Mason from Element. I've read posts from him about this shit and he seems to be the expert when it comes to dealing with Carvin, especially regarding the TS-100.

I've heard bad things about that unit. I know they are cheap and are decent when they work, but I say save some money and get something better.
INCINERATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:46 AM   #4
Defleshuary
-

I forgot he uses one as well. I loved mine. Zero problems and it sounded awesome with my Digitech. No clue what the hell happened, but I did nothing I haven't done in the past plus year with it. Thankfully parts are covered up to 3 years. I never registered it, but it was ordered factory direct so they should have record of it I'm hoping.

I may be buying a Mesa Boogie Simul-Class 2:Ninety off the other band we share a practice spot with. Ironic that he contacted me today asking if I was interested and he had no clue that mine blew up last night. He wants $500 for it and it's just been retubed and what not. I'll be buying this if my Carvin can't be fixed for a fair price.
Defleshuary is offline   Reply With Quote