SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #121
Potato_666
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surt View Post
Get some more interesting stuff in then.
I have one of the most varied distro selections.

Last edited by Potato_666; 07-07-2008 at 10:33 PM..
Potato_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #122
grindmonkey
resident douchebag

I ordered from Unique Leader recently and my order almost took 2 weeks. that's waaaay too long of a wait. then again, its in California and I live in Ohio.
grindmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:32 PM   #123
Huxular

dude, the last order i placed with them took well over a month, and i live a 5-6 hour drive from them
Huxular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:55 AM   #124
Javi
Bring Them Down!

haha damn =\ thinking of ordering a deeds shirt too. tried emailing them about sizes but i got the message sent back, they have a new email now or something? ehh..i would maybe pick it up
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:21 AM   #125
Surt
brutulord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooptastik
its been a year and half and i still never received my Neurotic T-shirt.

in the other hand, No Escape proves that they're one of the leading and awesomest distros around. Ordered a digi-pack of TDBEN and they included a special VCR of the Insect Warfare show.
No Escape are freakishly fucking good. Cheap as hell and fast as anything, considering they're probably the distro the furthest away that I've ordered from, they're far from the slowest.... even taking Unique Leader out of the equation.
Surt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #126
Huxular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
haha damn =\ thinking of ordering a deeds shirt too. tried emailing them about sizes but i got the message sent back, they have a new email now or something? ehh..i would maybe pick it up
dude, wach out when ordering the shirts. that order i was just talking about was for a severed savior tee. i got it ok, no mistakes or anything, it just took forever. when my buddy steve ordered a shirt, it took like a month for him to get it, and when he finally got it, the logo was across his stomach lol
he still wears it, but it looks kinda funny
Old 07-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #127
Javi
Bring Them Down!

hahah ahh man. i can handle the month long wait(up to) but if its fucked up and takes a month, hell no! what city is unique leader in? If you know what the glasshouse and showcase theatre is/was, i live near there. hopefully close by but you said its like a 6 hour drive?
Old 07-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #128
Huxular

i forget which city, but i think its like 3-4 hours from where your at. i wouldnt worry about a misprinted deeds tee, im sure he wont fuck up his own band shirt, he'll just take forever to send it to you :P
Old 07-09-2008, 12:36 AM   #129
Javi
Bring Them Down!

hahaha aight thanks
Old 07-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #130
Surt
brutulord

Anyone ever ordered from Emetic Records?

Number of things I want to get from them, but no idea what they're like.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #131
Potato_666
Banned

Pretty sure Steve Rarick (Emetic) has been around a long time, like 7-8 years.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #132
Surt
brutulord

Cool, I just get a little wary sometimes as I manage to find these small distros I've never heard of before and wind up getting stung.

Just won a stinkin hunk of 7"s on eGay so I won't be ordering straight away, but I'll put him/them on my ok list.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #133
Stone Breaker
Floppy Member

SKR
Abyss Records
Sevared Records
NWN
Stone Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #134
wachtourak

Anyone ordered from Displeased Records? Their prices aren't that flash, but they have a massive selection, thought it would be a good way to grab a whole heap of shit from one place rather than several distros.
wachtourak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:10 AM   #135
SlaughteredApparatus

Could anyone here whom has ordered from CM Distro (USA) enlighten me more about how good or bad their service is? After browsing this thread here and reading a few good (and bad) things about them. I'm kinda worried now as almost 1.5 weeks ago was my 1st time ordering from them. I'm scared I'll get ripped off. I'm in Ontario, Canada by the way.

On July 4th (which was one of the last days of their huge "4th of July Blowout Sale") I ordered 1 thing from them....a copy of Aborted's "Haematobic" EP. I finally found it dirt cheap on their site for like $8.00. Anywho how are CM Distro in terms of service? Do they ship fast to Canada? Do they have good customer service? Are the CD's in good condition etc. Fill me in here guys

To this day I've NEVER had an online order fuck-up on me and I sure as shit don't want this one to be that one "magical" order that I regret making. Help a worried Canadian lol.
SlaughteredApparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #136
Surt
brutulord

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachtourak View Post
Anyone ordered from Displeased Records? Their prices aren't that flash, but they have a massive selection, thought it would be a good way to grab a whole heap of shit from one place rather than several distros.
I think I ordered a CD from them once and it took a while to arrive, though nowadays that seems to be the case with almost anything being sent out of Holland. Never got a reply to any of the emails I sent either.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:14 PM   #137
ixdxpx

WARNING:

Please be careful dealing with entities from DAVAO CITY, PHILIPPINES. I'm not saying everyone in there are rip offs, but all the complaints are from this area alone. There is a syndicate in there ripping off bands, labels, and zines. They would even use female pseudonyms to lure victims. If they initiate a trade ask them to send their part first and if you don't get them, tell them to fuck off!

I'm from the Philippines, and I have integrity in the underground community, but I'm sick of these fucks for ruining the reputation of the entire metal scene in the Philippines!

If you see:

DAVAO CITY, PHILIPPINES

You are fucked!

I hate to do this since I have friends in Davao City. Human Mastication, Lapida, and Korihor are from that area and they are cool, but this rip offs has to be stopped. Something needs to be done!
ixdxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:36 PM   #138
Brutal Bands
brutalbands.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixdxpx View Post
WARNING:

Please be careful dealing with entities from DAVAO CITY, PHILIPPINES. I'm not saying everyone in there are rip offs, but all the complaints are from this area alone. There is a syndicate in there ripping off bands, labels, and zines. They would even use female pseudonyms to lure victims. If they initiate a trade ask them to send their part first and if you don't get them, tell them to fuck off!

I'm from the Philippines, and I have integrity in the underground community, but I'm sick of these fucks for ruining the reputation of the entire metal scene in the Philippines!

If you see:

DAVAO CITY, PHILIPPINES

You are fucked!

I hate to do this since I have friends in Davao City. Human Mastication, Lapida, and Korihor are from that area and they are cool, but this rip offs has to be stopped. Something needs to be done!
This is pretty much a fact. We've been asked many times by this clan of rip-offs to do trades. All you have to do is ask that they send their stuff first, and they go away instantly. Or yes, they will pose as hot women asking for free stuff - haha.

Speaking of rip off regions, the second worst offending country from what I've seen is Indonesia. Another real popular thing coming out of the Indonesian death metal scene is credit card fraud. We catch people from Indonesia all the time using someone elses identity (usually from the US) to place orders through us. A few have gotten away with it, but we've put new procedures in place to catch these people before shipping out orders to them.
Brutal Bands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #139
funktard
mod gimmick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughteredApparatus View Post
Could anyone here whom has ordered from CM Distro (USA) enlighten me more about how good or bad their service is? After browsing this thread here and reading a few good (and bad) things about them. I'm kinda worried now as almost 1.5 weeks ago was my 1st time ordering from them. I'm scared I'll get ripped off. I'm in Ontario, Canada by the way.

On July 4th (which was one of the last days of their huge "4th of July Blowout Sale") I ordered 1 thing from them....a copy of Aborted's "Haematobic" EP. I finally found it dirt cheap on their site for like $8.00. Anywho how are CM Distro in terms of service? Do they ship fast to Canada? Do they have good customer service? Are the CD's in good condition etc. Fill me in here guys

To this day I've NEVER had an online order fuck-up on me and I sure as shit don't want this one to be that one "magical" order that I regret making. Help a worried Canadian lol.
CM Distro was fine for me. I wouldn't worry about it, just give it a little while.
funktard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:44 PM   #140
Javi
Bring Them Down!

I got my Order Autopsy, thanks man!
good timing
Old 07-14-2008, 11:50 PM   #141
Potato_666
Banned

Cool man, enjoy it.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:07 AM   #142
tipton

sellers/labels be aware of these scumbag buyers:

Sussy Ganifwaty
1 Northway Circle Apt 12
Dover, NH
United States of America

- this person got $150 in stuff from us. received it priority mail with a tracking number. 2 months later they decided to file a credit card dispute and refuse to answer any emails. some credit card companies take the stance that the customer is always right, most likely we will lose this money and its automatically taken from your account until the case is decided.

Adrian Nugro
5715 Will Clayton # 5000
Humble, TX

- same situation here, they got the merchandise..filed a credit card dispute months later. rip us off for $86 in merchandise.
tipton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #143
Brutal Bands
brutalbands.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipton View Post
sellers/labels be aware of these scumbag buyers:

Sussy Ganifwaty
1 Northway Circle Apt 12
Dover, NH
United States of America

- this person got $150 in stuff from us. received it priority mail with a tracking number. 2 months later they decided to file a credit card dispute and refuse to answer any emails. some credit card companies take the stance that the customer is always right, most likely we will lose this money and its automatically taken from your account until the case is decided.

Adrian Nugro
5715 Will Clayton # 5000
Humble, TX

- same situation here, they got the merchandise..filed a credit card dispute months later. rip us off for $86 in merchandise.
We've been hit by both of these people as well. Adrian got away with one order. That Sussy person is actually a person in Indonesia using stolen credit card information. We caught that person before sending any orders out. They've placed around 6 orders through us in the past few weeks.
Brutal Bands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #144
entwinedwithsickness
almost human

I remember my last job we always had credit card fraud coming in from Turkey. You get much from that area?

Its fucking pathetic that the credit card companies are so quick to do a chargeback. I found in my experiences AmEx was an absolute nightmare to fight in a dispute case. 99% of the time there isn't a goddamn thing you can do or say. AmEx customers are always right in their eyes..and are usually the first to threaten a dispute too heh. VISA and Mastercard seemed to be 50/50 on disputed charges. Discover was never really used much so I can't say about them.
entwinedwithsickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #145
SlaughteredApparatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by funktard View Post
CM Distro was fine for me. I wouldn't worry about it, just give it a little while.
Define "a little while" dude? :)

I ordered my shit July 4th (which was a Friday + a holiday) so I'd assume they wouldn't have shipped it out until say Tuesday-Wednesday ish (the 8-9th).

It's been almost 2 weeks (as it'll be 2 weeks from the 8th on July 22nd) and so far...nothing. Is that normal? Keep in mind I AM in Ontario, Canada after all but still, are CMD Distro generally slow as molasses or no?
SlaughteredApparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #146
COSTA RICAN FAN

Brutal Bands... the best
COSTA RICAN FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:31 PM   #147
phagist_
scatter the ember

Rep Power: 15 phagist_ will become famous soon enoughphagist_ will become famous soon enough
^ just ordered three cd's off them.

Hopefully arrive soon =D
phagist_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:21 AM   #148
Javi
Bring Them Down!

Kitchen Vomit Records:

i ordered from them months ago. i like the bands on that label so decided to get the re-pressed Splatterhouse full length & the splatterhouse/gruesome stuff relish split. They came at a timely matter, pretty fast actually. only thing is they fucked up and sent me gruesomestuff relish/engorged split instead of the splatterhouse split but luckily i like Engorged haha and it was a good split so no worries. Ill end up getting that splatterhouse split sometime soon

www.kitchenvomitrecords.net
Old 07-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #149
funktard
mod gimmick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughteredApparatus View Post
Define "a little while" dude? :)

I ordered my shit July 4th (which was a Friday + a holiday) so I'd assume they wouldn't have shipped it out until say Tuesday-Wednesday ish (the 8-9th).

It's been almost 2 weeks (as it'll be 2 weeks from the 8th on July 22nd) and so far...nothing. Is that normal? Keep in mind I AM in Ontario, Canada after all but still, are CMD Distro generally slow as molasses or no?
Sometimes you run into problems with border orders, but that is a long time. Definitely email them about that.
funktard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #150
phagist_
scatter the ember

Rep Power: 15 phagist_ will become famous soon enoughphagist_ will become famous soon enough
Fuck yeh Brutal Bands rules.

Ordered 16th of July.. Arrived today.

Mind you anything from overseas to Australia usually takes 2+ weeks.

Will be ordering again soon!
phagist_ is offline   Reply With Quote