SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-10-2008, 04:03 AM   #31
wachtourak

Brutal Bands
Willowtip
Unmatched Brutality
Asphyxiate Recordings
Earache

= all win.

Neurotic = faaaaaaaail. Ordered an Ulcerate package in August 06. Never got it. Multiple emails badgering Ruud and he said he'd either refund me or "send another". So I asked for him to send another out and that never arrived either. Then he stopped answering my emails.
wachtourak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:13 AM   #32
Necrovore
Kyphonism

Definitely agree with the love for Brutal Bands. There was a delay when I ordered Brutality Is Law (which had just gone out of stock), and when I asked about what was going on, Scott explained and just up and offered me a free CD as compensation for the wait. It was so cool that I almost felt bad for accepting it! Will order again.
Necrovore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:02 AM   #33
soŻlard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egill View Post
Neurotic Records: Ordered in 2006. Still no package nor any replies to my e-mails. DON'T DEAL WITH HIM/THEM.
!
soŻlard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #34
pooptastik
son of cosmos

recommended:

Bones Brigade http://bones.brigade.free.fr/
Brutal Bands http://www.brutalbands.net/
Crimes Against Humanity http://www.cahrecords.com/
Dark Symphonies http://www.darksymphonies.com/
Deathgasm http://www.deathgasm.com/
Goregiastic http://www.goregiasticrecords.com/
No Escape <best goddamn service EVER. the post office fucked up my order and i told them that my package never came, they sent me another batch. one of the FASTEST delivery service and its all the way from AUSTRALIA. Only LOVE and RESPECT for this label. $8 per disc. yes.> http://noescaperecords.com/
Paragon http://paragonrecords.net/
Razorback http://www.razorbackrecords.com/
Sevared http://www.sevared.com/
WillowTip http://www.willowtip.com/

Last edited by pooptastik; 05-10-2008 at 11:09 AM..
pooptastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #35
Surt
brutulord

Oh yeah, Earache are pretty frickin sweet to order from, especially since they started doing that Metal Market thing.

Never had a single fuck-up from them in like five years.
Surt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #36
foreign10

Brutal Bands
Comatose
Pathos Productions
Willowtip
Relapse
Kreation Records
Shadow Kingdom Records

all distros I've ordered from and everything went fine.

I've had the worst experience with Open Grave records though. I ordered Arsebreeds "Munching the Rotten" from them back in November 2007. then I saw that Brutal Bands had a few copies left so I ordered from them and went back to cancel my order and got an e-mail back that said "orders or not cancelable". so who knows if it was actually canceled or if they still haven't sent that album to me. never ordering from them again.
foreign10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:54 PM   #37
Legendary Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooptastik View Post
No Escape <best goddamn service EVER. the post office fucked up my order and i told them that my package never came, they sent me another batch. one of the FASTEST delivery service and its all the way from AUSTRALIA. Only LOVE and RESPECT for this label. $8 per disc. yes.> http://noescaperecords.com/
It's insane how fast AU to US shipping is. My only beef with No Escape is I ordered a Fuck...I'm Dead/Engorged split and they sent me TDEBN's ep instead, but I was more pleased with the ep so I considered it a blessing haha.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #38
Cannibalistic_Horror
I do fuck goats

Nuclear War Now. Very reliable and very good selection.
Cannibalistic_Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:09 AM   #39
Surt
brutulord

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreign10 View Post
Brutal Bands
Comatose
Pathos Productions
Willowtip
Relapse
Kreation Records
Shadow Kingdom Records

all distros I've ordered from and everything went fine.

I've had the worst experience with Open Grave records though. I ordered Arsebreeds "Munching the Rotten" from them back in November 2007. then I saw that Brutal Bands had a few copies left so I ordered from them and went back to cancel my order and got an e-mail back that said "orders or not cancelable". so who knows if it was actually canceled or if they still haven't sent that album to me. never ordering from them again.
Unless they can prove that requirement - 'all orders are non-refundable' - was present at the time of purchase, ie when you sent your money, you're entitled to your money back.
If it was there when you placed your order, well, you're screwed.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #40
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

Rep Power: 17 Cognitive Defeat will become famous soon enoughCognitive Defeat will become famous soon enough
Comatose and Goregiastic = fastest delivery to the UK. Also both have a 4 for the price of 3 deal.
Cognitive Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #41
funktard
mod gimmick

Relapse sent me my origin stuff really quickly, but sent me an s instead of an m.
funktard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #42
Surt
brutulord

Order from Amputated Vein and get your stuff delivered in an awesome little paper package way better than a jiffy bag.

Maybe I'm just fickle hah
Old 05-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #43
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

Rep Power: 17 Cognitive Defeat will become famous soon enoughCognitive Defeat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surt View Post
Order from Amputated Vein and get your stuff delivered in an awesome little paper package way better than a jiffy bag.

Maybe I'm just fickle hah
I've avoided them ever since I pre-ordered Unmerciful - Unmercifully Beaten from them and I still don't have it. I think it's safe to say it got lost in the post, but they only started doing recorded delivery after that, they never made any effort to help me out though.
Cognitive Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #44
Legendary Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by funktard View Post
Relapse sent me my origin stuff really quickly, but sent me an s instead of an m.
Relapse usually does quality work but I ordered something on the 2nd and the USPS tracking number still says it's in PA.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #45
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadou View Post
Revenge Productions is very, very awesome.
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #46
Comatose Music
Keep it brutal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphigore View Post
Steve from Comatose is a VERY cool dude, and I got my shirt in literally ONE DAY.

granted, we're in the same state, but still....

he also has very cool jean shorts that he wears when playing with Atrocious Abnormality

I wore my camo shorts last night in Knoxville, haha!
Comatose Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #47
foreign10

Quote:
Unless they can prove that requirement - 'all orders are non-refundable' - was present at the time of purchase, ie when you sent your money, you're entitled to your money back.
If it was there when you placed your order, well, you're screwed.
it wasn't. I went back and checked their FAQ after I ordered and didn't see anything about that anywhere.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #48
grindwork
grindfather

The only distros I order from are:

Sevared Records (Buy 3 get 1 Free)
Comatose Records (Buy 3 get 1 Free)
Gorgiastic Records (Buy 3 get 1 Free)
Emetic Records (Free Shipping to Canada)
Willowtip Records (Free Shipping to Canada)
Brutal Bands
Unmatched Brutality
Razorback Records
CAH Records
Relapse Records

All are very reliable and great to deal with, never had any issues!
grindwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #49
Surt
brutulord

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreign10 View Post
it wasn't. I went back and checked their FAQ after I ordered and didn't see anything about that anywhere.
well legally you're entitled to your money back then as it's part of your statuory rights that if you are not happy with your purchase or didn't receive all of what you paid for, you are entitled to a full or partial refund within i think either 14 or 21 days by law - certainly in this country, so I'd presume it'd be similar in the US.
The only exceptions are when it's stated at the time of purchase that you can't get a refund, which gives the retailer the right to refuse a refund. Unless they declare that up front, you're entitled to a refund. Especially if something is defective or you didn't receive the item which you paid for.

If it's on an online thing though, esp. paying through PayPal, you're probably long past being able to get a successful claim though if it was months ago.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:16 AM   #50
MemphisRaines

i actually have a pretty good CD store in chicago that i go to 'Metal Haven' so i usually go to that to get CDs (all the sell is death metal basically). I have started using a lot of mail order places in the last 6-8 months or so, the places that I have come to like best are Willowtip (the free/fast shipping is awesome and there prices are cheap), relapse (fairly cheap, great huge catalogue), and I just used brutal bands for the first time and I was a little hesitent but got my package in two days!!! definately will order from them again and from what I have seen posted on here is that they are consitently good.
MemphisRaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:29 AM   #51
foreign10

Quote:
well legally you're entitled to your money back then as it's part of your statuory rights that if you are not happy with your purchase or didn't receive all of what you paid for, you are entitled to a full or partial refund within i think either 14 or 21 days by law - certainly in this country, so I'd presume it'd be similar in the US.
The only exceptions are when it's stated at the time of purchase that you can't get a refund, which gives the retailer the right to refuse a refund. Unless they declare that up front, you're entitled to a refund. Especially if something is defective or you didn't receive the item which you paid for.

If it's on an online thing though, esp. paying through PayPal, you're probably long past being able to get a successful claim though if it was months ago.
it's way to late to get my $17 back now. I just gave up on it
Old 05-12-2008, 05:15 AM   #52
Tomes of Deceit
keyboard warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr0ne View Post
That's all this forum needs is more stickies.
word
Tomes of Deceit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #53
Winds Of Creation

I ordered a Nile long-sleeve from Relapse. It was a good price and came in under a week. No problems there.

I ordered a SoP long-sleeve from Unique Leader, and it didn't show up for 3 weeks. I contacted them via email several times, all with no response, and I filed a dispute with them on PayPal. About a week later, my package came in the mail, and I still haven't gotten an acknowledgment of my problem. I won't be dealing with them again, because there's no way to know your problem is actually going to be heard by someone.

I ordered a shirt from JSR Direct way back in December. It got to about March of this year without delivery. I received an email saying that my order had been canceled, and that I had to pay an extra $30 (the price of the entire package) to have it reshipped. Needless to say, I was pissed. So I called their toll-free number, and was surprised that I was immediately greeted by a living human being. She was very kind and understanding about the whole situation, explained that there had been a glitch in the email system, that my package had been sitting in the post office for 2 weeks (due to an error on their part with the address), and said she'd have my package shipped out again free of charge. I received it in about 3 days. I have had friends tell me that they've had problems with JSR, and that the customer service was not so friendly, so I don't think I'd risk another buy from them unless I can't get what I'm looking for anywhere else.
Winds Of Creation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:55 AM   #54
BornSoVile

Hell's Headbangers - The only place I've ordered from religiously within the past year. Fair prices, excellent shipping quality and all orders recieved within a week. Not to mention the exceptional catalog that is right up my ally.

Revenge is probably the best Euro label I've ever traded with too. Sick fucking roster and each and every release is very well put together and on par with each other release.

EDIT: PATHOS PRODUCTIONS - John has been extremely shady and basically avoided corresponding with me in regards to a trade. Local bands have always been well aware of him pulling shit like this.

Last edited by BornSoVile; 05-17-2008 at 08:19 PM..
BornSoVile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #55
seedsofthesuffering
Custom Title

I'm hearing a lot of very bad comments about NEUROTIC Records, on here and in person. I am boycotting any releases from this label.
If you haven't received your orders within a reasonable amount of time (and you paid by credit card), file a claim with the credit card company. That's the major advantage of buying anything that way.
Put the fraudulent out of business once and for all.

Good: Amazon. Never let me down.

Last edited by seedsofthesuffering; 05-13-2008 at 08:24 AM..
seedsofthesuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #56
Surt
brutulord

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedsofthesuffering View Post
I'm hearing a lot of very bad comments about NEUROTIC Records, on here and in person. I am boycotting any releases from this label.
If you haven't received your orders within a reasonable amount of time (and you paid by credit card), file a claim with the credit card company. That's the major advantage of buying anything that way.
Put the fraudulent out of business once and for all.

Good: Amazon. Never let me down.
Um, don't boycott releases cause then all you're doing is fucking over the bands as much as the unresponsive mailorder/label owner.

Still buy Neurotic releases, but buy them direct from the band or Willowtip instead.

Or would you rather see Disavowed, Spawn Of Possession, Prostitute Disfigurement, Ulcerate, Visceral Bleeding etc lose out just because of the lousy action (or inaction) of the label owner?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:40 AM   #57
Defleshuary
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr0ne View Post
Relapse usually does quality work but I ordered something on the 2nd and the USPS tracking number still says it's in PA.
Did you contact Relapse? Their customer service is pretty good with dealing with problems. UPS in PA has fucked me over a few times.
Defleshuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:31 AM   #58
Raad
'sup

Has anyone ordered from Metal Merchant?
Raad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #59
pooptastik
son of cosmos

would like to add Red Stream as having one of the BEST customer service.

they also listed rip offs:
http://www.redstream.org/html/ripoffs.php
pooptastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #60
Kris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooptastik View Post
would like to add Red Stream as having one of the BEST customer service.

they also listed rip offs:
http://www.redstream.org/html/ripoffs.php
I second this notion
Kris is offline   Reply With Quote