SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Kataklysm

Kataklysm Website

Old 08-05-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
Murdock

Thumbs up A thank you to Kataklysm

I really hope I don't seem lame in this post, but after thinking about it for a while I finally decided I would post this.

Back in April me, my girlfriend, one of my best friends and his girlfriend made plans to see you guys along with Dimmu, Devildriver and Unearth on the May 11th show in Vancouver at the Commodore. It was a perfect show for us, really. We all love Kataklysm, and Dimmu, and my buddy and his girlfriend are really into Devildriver and I'm into Unearth. So we got our tickets, and anxiously awaited a fucking killer show.

Then, on May 9th, my girlfriend (whom I was crazy about), confesses she cheated on me and tells me the relationship is over. She didn't even have the decency to give me her ticket (which I paid for) back so I could find someone else to come along.

May 10th, I get a call from my boss telling me that the company fucked up our pay cheques AGAIN, and that they wouldn't arrive until sometime the following week. So, now I have no girlfriend, no money, and no means to go to the concert.

Fortunately, my friends loaned me the money for transportation and food, but nothing else; I wasn't able to get any merch.

As you can imagine, I was horribly depressed all day that day. Like, depressed so badly that it was actually bothering my friends.

So we're looking around the Rock Shop on Granville, and guess who walks in? Max and Stephane (I hope I'm spelling your name right.) You probably don't remember, but me and my friend talked to you for about 15-20 minutes or so. In case you do remember at least vaguely, I was the guy who mentioned that it seemed like the lyrics Sylvain wrote on Temple of Knowledge were about himself.

Anyway, getting to meet a couple guys from one of my favourite bands -- especially a death metal drummer, which was really awesome for me because I'm a novice drummer myself -- and you guys being really down to earth and cool to your fans, was really fucking awesome. And the show that night? It fucking RULED!

The point is, between getting to meet you guys, and you guys being really cool toward us, followed by an amazing performance later that night, really brought up my morale. Everything prior to that day just seemed to keep going from bad to worse, but that day turned everything around.

So, thanks guys. I'm eagerly anticipating the new album!
Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
COSTA RICAN FAN

another great story about my favorite band. someone should start a thread about the coolest or greatest concert story. the winner will win a virtual prize. I've read here that some of the mates travel for hours and hours. so it won't be hard to come with a good tale. pics could help.
COSTA RICAN FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:43 PM   #3
Cryptice
Cryptice

Thats a pretty good story. Only Kataklysm gets stories like that.
Cryptice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #4
frosty-J
HyperblastHorde

Hey Murdock, welcome to the boards. Thanks for sharing your story, that was a great read. Hope things are going ok for ya!

Your thread has reminded me of a story I have to share too, so I'll start a new thread for everyone ; )
frosty-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:15 AM   #5
yusky03

I love hearing storys like this. Kudos to you my friend.
yusky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #6
SylvainHoude_Fanatic

I believe that Sylvain was writing down what he saw too. When he was astral projecting.
SylvainHoude_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #7
Murdock

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSTA RICAN FAN View Post
another great story about my favorite band. someone should start a thread about the coolest or greatest concert story. the winner will win a virtual prize. I've read here that some of the mates travel for hours and hours. so it won't be hard to come with a good tale. pics could help.
I really wish I had pictures, but I don't. The girl I was dating was supposed to bring her camera along, but yeah...
Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote