Rustyknifehandthing

does max...

have a solo project or any mp3s up for download, he's incredible
you guys as a WHOLE are fucking incredible
great job.
Rustyknifehandthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
Metastasis

Thanks. Oh, well I'm sure he will have a solo project at some point, and it will probably outshadow Anomalous and I'll have to give up music and go to law school.

BTW, you've seen the vids, right?
Metastasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:10 PM   #3
Max-Anomalous

yea serious my own Sol Niger... naw but in all seriosness anomalous has become as good an outlet as any for my ideas... i mean shit (merged)... more of that to come... ill probobly make some more videos.. ive always wanted to give lessons or make excercise videos... jazzercize to be specific.. High OOOooo!
Max-Anomalous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:52 AM   #4
Metastasis

Update your sig, fuckhead!
Old 12-16-2006, 09:11 PM   #5
parabola5353
> Afro Dog

yeah max, youre guitar work is awesome, i really enjoyed your fusion video. what are your influences, and how long have you been playing?
parabola5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:00 AM   #6
Max-Anomalous

im 24 and I started when I was 7. I first learned to tap, open 3rdfret 7thfret... than i quit for a year, than i picked it up again and asked my dad to teach me scales... all of them, circle of 4ths and 5ths... and some note jumping, we called them stair step excersizes, up 3 notes down 2... up 4 notes down 3, etc... I learned solos by ear and constantly rewinding them... playing along with music I enjoy to improvise over.

First.. David Gilmour and early videos of Van Halen, that inspired the tapping the rest were pink floyd solos and that damned another brick in the wall echo triplet riff.

Then Stevie Ray Vaughan-Voodoo chile thus forcing me to realize why JIMI is soo groundbreaking for the guitar...
then Satriani, thats where the leggato challenge comes in...
Master of puppets, and Justice for All melodies are a big influence.

then jason becker, paul gilbert, vinnie moore, frank gambale, SHAWN LANE, brett garsed,

Theory in Practice, Al Di Meola, Scott McGill, Guthrie Govan

Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Eric Dolphy... Stravinsky

and then my 2 personal favorites Fredrick Thordendal and Allan Holdsworth.
everytime I see Holdsworth tackle the fret board im more and more confused and intrigued as to what is capable... then i Have to remember what kind of music I want to make instead of drowning in chops... but we can talk about that in another thread.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:36 AM   #7
cp101

the allan holdsworth influence sticks out, i dig it. is the intro to revelations in locrian?
cp101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:08 AM   #8
Max-Anomalous

its all diminished, the but the key jumps around according to string, its just a minor3ed minor3rd fret leggato run...
Old 12-17-2006, 11:33 AM   #9
parabola5353
> Afro Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Anomalous
im 24 and I started when I was 7. I first learned to tap, open 3rdfret 7thfret... than i quit for a year, than i picked it up again and asked my dad to teach me scales... all of them, circle of 4ths and 5ths... and some note jumping, we called them stair step excersizes, up 3 notes down 2... up 4 notes down 3, etc... I learned solos by ear and constantly rewinding them... playing along with music I enjoy to improvise over.

First.. David Gilmour and early videos of Van Halen, that inspired the tapping the rest were pink floyd solos and that damned another brick in the wall echo triplet riff.

Then Stevie Ray Vaughan-Voodoo chile thus forcing me to realize why JIMI is soo groundbreaking for the guitar...
then Satriani, thats where the leggato challenge comes in...
Master of puppets, and Justice for All melodies are a big influence.

then jason becker, paul gilbert, vinnie moore, frank gambale, SHAWN LANE, brett garsed,

Theory in Practice, Al Di Meola, Scott McGill, Guthrie Govan

Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Eric Dolphy... Stravinsky

and then my 2 personal favorites Fredrick Thordendal and Allan Holdsworth.
everytime I see Holdsworth tackle the fret board im more and more confused and intrigued as to what is capable... then i Have to remember what kind of music I want to make instead of drowning in chops... but we can talk about that in another thread.
pretty interesting dude, thanks for takin the time to give me a long reply.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:51 PM   #10
Max-Anomalous

yea man, I love the guitar and its always nice to retrace my steps and not forget where I came from... I think im gonna start a thread of everything that is artistically inspiring... just like the inside leaflet of meshuggah's DEI album... books, movies, other musicians.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:57 PM   #11
parabola5353
> Afro Dog

what are touring plans looking like for you guys? you ever gonna tour the east coast maybe?
Old 12-18-2006, 08:12 PM   #12
Metastasis

We want to tour, waiting on finding a drummer who can fill the VERY big shoes of Robototron 5000!
Old 12-18-2006, 08:27 PM   #13
parabola5353
> Afro Dog

thats gonna be hard dude.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:03 PM   #14
cp101

Those are some big ass shoes.
cp101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:43 PM   #15
Extremis Invictus
The Weed Warrior

I have a question about finger training for Max...

My friend has told me it's always best to keep all 4 fingers near the fretboard in a 4-fret spread, even when you're not using them, but espicially in regards to my ring and pinky finger... whenever one is doing something.. the other finger wants to shoot as far away from the fretboard as it can, like muscle reflex. I try to physcially hold my fingers there in place sometimes with my picking hand to stop whichever finger is trying to 'eject', but it causes severe muscle pain in my wrist and forearm... is there anyway to overcome this? have you ever even heard of/experienced this? or is it possible that my muscles are just not wired for soloing?

Sorry for the ammount of detail in the question it's just kinda hard to explain...
Extremis Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:06 AM   #16
Max-Anomalous

dude watch my vids.. my ring finger is sticking out there all weird.. i dunno what to say, except to just go between a index middle pinky line to a index ring pinky... over n over.. i do alot of index middle ring, whatever's comfortable, its the excercizes that matter, yea good form but u gotta know the patterns first, ya know
Old 12-26-2006, 12:30 AM   #17
THATDUDE7
Nihilist

Quote:
yea serious my own Sol Niger... naw but in all seriosness anomalous has become as good an outlet as any for my ideas... i mean shit (merged)... more of that to come... ill probobly make some more videos.. ive always wanted to give lessons or make excercise videos... jazzercize to be specific.. High OOOooo!

That would be great about that sol niger thing and definately make more vids. Dude i would be so grateful if you made instructional videos(exercise vids as you called them).
THATDUDE7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #18
Max-Anomalous

yeah, im going to make another one, ill put it on youtube.. just about string skipping, fret spreads, picking( i basically learned frome paul gilbert videoss I saw a long time ago on imesh) hammer ons pull offs.. 4 finger taping, leggato with taps on top, sweeps with taps ontop, ascending descending chrmoatic sweep excercises, fret pattern modulations... etc, and talk about the best way to approach playing vertically-horizontally-and Melodically.. and of course jumble thos all together.. learned that from jazz class
Old 01-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #19
Depraved

Quote:
yeah, im going to make another one, ill put it on youtube.. just about string skipping, fret spreads, picking( i basically learned frome paul gilbert videoss I saw a long time ago on imesh) hammer ons pull offs.. 4 finger taping, leggato with taps on top, sweeps with taps ontop, ascending descending chrmoatic sweep excercises, fret pattern modulations... etc, and talk about the best way to approach playing vertically-horizontally-and Melodically.. and of course jumble thos all together.. learned that from jazz class
I just wanted to say that Anomalous have really been the spark that has encouraged me to start grinding sweep and tapping excercises again. I consider myself i pretty good guitarist, but when i see someone like yourself playing, i'm always stunned by how much i still have left to learn. To write music like Anomalous you really have to be on a completly different level, and really KNOW your instrument inside out, something you obviously do! So thank you for being an inspiration and a guitarist to look up to!

And on the topic of posting videos, can you make a video where you play more "riffage" so to speak. not so much of the sweeping but all the chugg stuff, cause that's just as insane as the sweeping. Anyway looking forward to the next video, cheers!

EDIT: Lol my first post more than one year after i registered. Odd.
Depraved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:54 AM   #20
Max-Anomalous

yea, maybe ill do a lil improv chuggage, thats always a way to write, make something up on the spot and start tweaking it and shaping it... basically just watch super shredders.. Jason Becker, Vinnie Moore, Shawn Lane, try an learn some excercizes then change the notes up, hopefully tim an I can get together and do some up close fret board videos in a few weeks... till then, \m/
Old 07-10-2007, 02:53 AM   #21
ontogeny

no questions for nate? like... how do you learn max's riffs? What exactly do you do in this band? Who the fuck are you?
ontogeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:30 AM   #22
AntŠos

Rep Power: 20 AntŠos will become famous soon enoughAntŠos will become famous soon enough
Or like how the fuck did you 'just' switch from bass to guitar? Are you a secret Japanese robot project?

And does Ontogeny coincide with Anomalous on any levels?
AntŠos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:25 AM   #23
ontogeny

well when i first joined the band i learned the songs on guitar and transfered it to bass. I have been playing guitar longer then bass. So it was a smooth transition. And yes i am a secret japanese robot project. Ontogeny does not coincide with anomalous at all really. Other then when i write ontogeny i am inspired by the style of anomalous. haha
ontogeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #24
Metastasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontogeny View Post
And yes i am a secret japanese robot project.
Well shit, I guess the cat's out the bag, so I might as well confess: NATE is an acronym for Neoblastic Artificial Tech Experiment. Max and I couldn't find a shredder, so we cooked one up in a lab with the help of Japanese scientists.

Good call, Antaeos!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:42 PM   #25
Max-Anomalous

whoa... lol, Yea, good call though Nate, props McGrops to you... I should tell everyone, Ive never seen someone digest our shit soo quickly an then be ready to play... took like a week to get it all down.
There will be some Nate/Ontogeny sounds on the new full length.