SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Severed Savior

Severed Savior Website

Old 10-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #1
Trauma

Advices for Custom Shop Guitar

Hi dudes,
Another gear thread on the S.S. forum, but I know many of you are, as me, dedicated to their guitar.
Ok, so in 1 year I'll be 30 years old. And i'm going to order a great custom shop guitar for my pleasure (building a custom shop is taking one year or near)
I already have a Jackson SL1, so i wanted to check some other builders, but still in the soloist shape (that's what i think for the moment).

I wanted to know if you dudes know something about Bernie Rico Jr guitars and the Bc Rich custom shop. I know it's both expensive but i don't really care for the moment, it's all about quality and accuracy.
Has someone here ever touched a BC Rich custom and or a Bernie Rico?? What kind of neck, sound etc...
Some advices for this kind of builders i may don't know?
I'll look for GMW and Moser custom shop too...
Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #2
egdeltar
I say hella, hella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma
Hi dudes,
Another gear thread on the S.S. forum, but I know many of you are, as me, dedicated to their guitar.
Ok, so in 1 year I'll be 30 years old. And i'm going to order a great custom shop guitar for my pleasure (building a custom shop is taking one year or near)
I already have a Jackson SL1, so i wanted to check some other builders, but still in the soloist shape (that's what i think for the moment).

I wanted to know if you dudes know something about Bernie Rico Jr guitars and the Bc Rich custom shop. I know it's both expensive but i don't really care for the moment, it's all about quality and accuracy.
Has someone here ever touched a BC Rich custom and or a Bernie Rico?? What kind of neck, sound etc...
Some advices for this kind of builders i may don't know?
I'll look for GMW and Moser custom shop too...
If you want a soloist-esq guitar I suggest checking out Ormbsy Custom Guitars from Australia...
egdeltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
F0RBIDDEN

I know this is old but stay the fuck away from BC Rich for a new custom shop guitar...they are so hit and miss it's not even funny, and they are ridiculously expensive. I'd go with either Jackson or find a smaller luthier to do it for you. There are guys in Quebec that build some AWESOME guitars, Mauro Liberatore and Marc Chicoine. They have built guitars for Martyr and Augury respectively ;)
F0RBIDDEN is offline   Reply With Quote