Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > HORSE The Band

HORSE The Band Website

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.58 average. Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #5881
Free Radical
Drug User

Unhappy PEKI

I feel bad about Nathan.
I wish I could fly there and tour with the guy.

And I wonder what PEKI means.

Last edited by Free Radical; 06-22-2012 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: Frowny
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #5882
moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
I feel bad about Nathan.
I wish I could fly there and tour with the guy.

And I wonder what PEKI means.

I don't get it. You feel bad about what? and what's peki?
moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #5883
HorsetheDan

http://themechanicalband.tumblr.com/...-mag-2012-june
HorsetheDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #5884
moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsetheDan View Post

I've been using tumblr more than usual lately, and i never get that blog's posts on my dashboard

but still, i feel really happy and proud to be a member of the golden handful of die hard fans
Old 06-24-2012, 04:07 AM   #5885
dylanjones42

Quote:
but still, i feel really happy and proud to be a member of the golden handful of die hard fans
Amen man. And fuck, the thought of never seeing Horse perform live just crushes me. Lately I've been thinking that they'll never doing anything in the US again and the only way I'll see them is if they do something local and I commute halfway across the country for it.

Last edited by dylanjones42; 06-24-2012 at 02:49 PM..
dylanjones42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #5886
Free Radical
Drug User

Actually, I'm fairly certain they would be happy to play shows as long as it does not cost them money. If you can arrange a tour or show where they can at least break even, I think your chances are pretty good. It requires some dedication and skill, for sure, but even I am considering trying it if I don't strike it rich and get desperate.

Last edited by Free Radical; 06-24-2012 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 06-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #5887
dylanjones42

Haha maybe they should do the donation thing that Tom and Gary do with DDP to tour.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #5888
forestyocean
SZ2/Royal Gregory

The only thing that keeps me going is the (possibly false) hope that I will have a career waiting for me once I'm done with school. If it weren't for that, I'd feel pretty damn hopeless too.
forestyocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #5889
Free Radical
Drug User

Reading about the DDP and watching the video's is something that always cheers me up, with a tear in my eye.
I just watching them and reading about them makes me happy, I wonder what it would do to actually be at one.

You could always try something like that, forestyo.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #5890
Luigitoilet

I'm pretty happy with my life even though I'm alone and working paycheck to paycheck to live in a shitty tiny studio apartment. I'm not in school so I'm not really "working" towards anything career-wise...but it doesn't bother me anymore the way it used to. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing with my life, but I'm ok with it.
Luigitoilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:54 AM   #5891
TicalWave

nothing in my life seems as important when you see someone else's slowly being taken away. my friend has been suffering from stomach ulcers, and has decided to stop taking his medications. it's such a conflicting feeling to want their suffering to end, yet not wanting them to go.
TicalWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #5892
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicalWave View Post
nothing in my life seems as important when you see someone else's slowly being taken away. my friend has been suffering from stomach ulcers, and has decided to stop taking his medications. it's such a conflicting feeling to want their suffering to end, yet not wanting them to go.
I know how you feel somewhat... I am no longer speaking to anyone in my family. It is super hard, we were the closest family I knew growing up. My brother is tweaking again and he has two kids. He wrote on my facebook telling me to start using oxy again so he can have his brother back. All of my family wanted me to get better and now I realize how sick they are and I can't talk to any of my siblings and rarely talk to my parents. They are all slowly but surely killing themselves or going to end up in jail. It kills me but staying away from them is the best thing I can do. I just hope they see how well I am doing and jump on board.

I love life. I had 5 months clean on the 24th.
horsetheKEVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #5893
moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetheKEVIN View Post
I know how you feel somewhat... I am no longer speaking to anyone in my family. It is super hard, we were the closest family I knew growing up. My brother is tweaking again and he has two kids. He wrote on my facebook telling me to start using oxy again so he can have his brother back. All of my family wanted me to get better and now I realize how sick they are and I can't talk to any of my siblings and rarely talk to my parents. They are all slowly but surely killing themselves or going to end up in jail. It kills me but staying away from them is the best thing I can do. I just hope they see how well I am doing and jump on board.

I'm so sorry about your family but at the same time, I'm really happy about your 5 months.

Keep going, man.

Good luck!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #5894
Free Radical
Drug User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetheKEVIN View Post
Old 06-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #5895
TicalWave

that's how it is with most of the good friends I had in high school. they've either gone to drugs, or they fucked up and got some girl pregnant that is just going to ruin their lives further. I have a sister that fucks around with meth and is with a new guy every month, and then she wonders why I don't want to be around her. I don't know if it's my ego talking, but i just can't relate with people like that. Maybe I'm being selfish. I should force myself to face these uncomfortable moments head on, or risk losing those I care about.

Sometimes I think about giving up everything I own, and becoming a transient. There's a number 12 lyric that has stuck with me, and it seems like a good ideal to base my life on. "To feed his family caused someone else to be taken from theirs." If I have nothing, someone, somewhere, will be given everything. If I am unhealthy and suffering, someone will be having an amazing time. But who the fuck knows? Fuckin' lif.

I'll end this rant on a good note: Thanks for understanding my current situation, Kevin, and the best of luck to you with yours. Here's hoping for some new HtheB.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:12 AM   #5896
Free Radical
Drug User

IMO, they're a better ways, Tical. After all, it's the rich who can give the most to the poor.
I doubt the universe balances out in such a direct way as the one you described.
Anyway, I doubt you being a useless, miserable hobo is going to help anyone. A usefull hobo, however, may help some.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #5897
TicalWave

Quote:
IMO, they're a better ways, Tical. After all, it's the rich who can give the most to the poor.
I doubt the universe balances out in such a direct way as the one you described.
Anyway, I doubt you being a useless, miserable hobo is going to help anyone. A usefull hobo, however, may help some.
oh I'm just mad at the world again. and if I was hobo, I'd be the friendly-don't worry about my problems-here's a song hobo.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #5898
Free Radical
Drug User

I suppose it's a good thing for the prolonged existence of our world that none of us have the power of a million exploding suns.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #5899
TicalWave

Quote:
I suppose it's a good thing for the prolonged existence of our world that none of us have the power of a million exploding suns.
Because people would eat rocks and breathe wind, and go around the world and back again. Then, they'd lose their static. And their grey, she is gone!
Old 07-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #5900
Free Radical
Drug User

Because they would both explode.

I had a fun weekend, but the board ate my post, so I won't go into details but...

I played music.
I went to a political congress.
I scared some girls, some intentionally, and some unintentionally.
Had quite some beers, some of them around some campfires.
And 2 hours ago my love woke me up for dinner.

I can feel dead and alive at the same time.

Last edited by Free Radical; 07-01-2012 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #5901
dylanjones42

Somehow I missed this bit reading Nathan's interview the first time. It's pretty disheartnening:
"I think the other members have completely moved on from music or at least have no interest in back tracking."

On a more personal level lately I've been coming to the realization that I've lost interest in my major course of study (engineering) though I'm half way through it and I really don't know what else I would want to do. So I guess I'll suck it up and stick with it. On a positive note, lately music has been hitting me in a way that hasn't in months. It's exciting to be really moved by music again.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #5902
MC Escher
Opal Octopus

I'll forever view Nathan and HTB as huge inspirations in my life. It's sad that they may be no more.

"December's long gone, but these fields are forever frozen!"
MC Escher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #5903
Free Radical
Drug User

They ain't dead, y'all.

Or do you folks think that the South of the Border tour thing is a troll post?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #5904
dylanjones42

No I don't think it's a troll post haha, but idk, after reading that bit my expectations are that they'll keep leisurely playing shows every once and a while like they're doing now, but my hopes for new album or albums are pretty much entirely gone. Idk though, the way horse is I feel like they could do something unpredictable.

EDIT: and not that them leisurely doin stuff is a bad thing, I'm glad they're still doing things, though I just always had this hope that they'd return in full force, and the interview read like Nathan was sort of skeptical of that happening.

Last edited by dylanjones42; 07-05-2012 at 04:07 PM..
Old 07-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #5905
Free Radical
Drug User

Yesterday I had what is now one of my top 10 moments with my love.
We danced to I Think We Are Both Suffering From The Same Crushing Metaphysical Crisis.

Last edited by Free Radical; 07-06-2012 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: forgot totally relevant bOnana
Old 07-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #5906
susanismyalias

Watching Earth Tour again. I luv this band.
susanismyalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #5907
Pesci Power

I just got back from Warped Tour. Holy shit. Music is becoming such a pile of shit. I believe quote from Horse was something along the lines of "I scream when I'm angry but I sing when I'm emotional." Every other fucking band that played followed this archetype.
Pesci Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #5908
Luigitoilet

played a terrible show in Jacksonville the other night. pretty much zero turnout outside of the other bands that were playing. shitty promoters and venue owners. my string broke at the beginning of the last song and it sounded like ass.

still had fun

here's a video of our first two songs. i'm really happy with the second one. http://youtu.be/xRPZLF66WVM

pretty decent quality for an iphone but of course sounds much better in person xD. i had fun. i kinda wish my bandmates would move around a little bit more. besides me and the vocalist, the others are so statuesque and emotionless looking hahaha. oftentimes i'm more concerned about spazzing out than i am playing my parts with precision
Luigitoilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #5909
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

So I am over 6 months clean... and shit starts to fall apart for everyone around me...

My father has begun drinking again. His liver quit working over 3 years ago, he is turning into the monster he was before that happened. He got a motorcycle this summer and I had to pretty much almost fight him for his keys the other day. He has tipped it over twice. I am terrified of him crashing and he has decided to stop wearing a helmet now.

My little brother has been using meth and I have only spoken to him probably 3 times in the last 7 months. We were so close growing up it wasn't even funny. It is killing me.

My grandfather has really gone down hill in the last 6 months. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with him until recently they diagnosed him with Parkinson's. I have not spoke with him since the day before I went into treatment but I am going to be going to see him as soon as they get back from the lake cabin. He won't go to a old person's home and my grandma is an alcoholic just like my mother and she get's so drunk she cant even take care of him. They have so much money and could have done anything, it just goes to show that money doesnt make you happy.

TL;DR My grandpa is dying soon and he is the man who gave me all the manners I have. I used to go to the lakes with him every single weekend growing up. My dad is drinking and my brother is vanishing. LIF
Old 08-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #5910
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

LIF IS A CHALLENGE. FACE IT OR GIVE UP AND DIE.