SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > HORSE The Band

HORSE The Band Website

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.58 average. Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #5851
Free Radical
Drug User

And more importantly, I now know half the reason why you chose that nick.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #5852
Free Radical
Drug User

Too many things.
Wondering how life is with Erik and if he's settled yet.
What the meeting will be about with the provincial board members with the current and former board members of the local chapter of the political party I'm involved in. I've heard rumours. I hope they are true.
Helping out my sister with documents she needs for her emigration to Equador. Complicated stuff is complicated.
My troubled friend who's in an institution again.
The youth society that's still not really getting any new volunteers.
If I will ever find the time to finish my own business.
How lucky I am that my love is still with me to give me hugs and "kiss it better".
Old 05-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #5853
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

103 days clean... 10 days no caffiene or sugar drinks... 5 days no ciggarettes... day 2 of drinking whey protein for lunch with fruit. Life keeps getting better and better the longer I am clean. I really hope that 500 kiloton nuke that went missing from germany a few days ago is not going to be used... I would like to live a few years with my sobriety and happiness.
horsetheKEVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #5854
Free Radical
Drug User

Call me paranoid, but I don't trust that missing nuke article.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #5855
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
Call me paranoid, but I don't trust that missing nuke article.
for humanity's sake, I hope you are right friend.
:luk3
Old 05-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #5856
Free Radical
Drug User

The stress of finishing things before the vacation makes me need said vacation.

It's almost like hairgel and shampoo...
Or skin "care" products and skin care...

Don't you just love hamster wheels?
Old 05-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #5857
Luigitoilet

i'm happy because i'm playing a show tomorrow! i love playing shows!!
Luigitoilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #5858
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

no drugs, no sugar, no caffiene, no cigs.... day 1 of my juice only fast. Juicing 4 carrots, 3 apples, 1 cucumber, kale, spinach, 1 red pepper, 1 lemon and some other shit I am probably forgetting. Life is fucking great, everything is amazing. When you do the next right thing, amazing shit happens in your life. My new book came today. "I AM THAT" Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj... time to start reading. love you all.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:27 AM   #5859
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

i love you all and hope horse records something so this community comes alive again some day.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #5860
Luigitoilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetheKEVIN View Post
no drugs, no sugar, no caffiene, no cigs.... day 1 of my juice only fast. Juicing 4 carrots, 3 apples, 1 cucumber, kale, spinach, 1 red pepper, 1 lemon and some other shit I am probably forgetting. Life is fucking great, everything is amazing. When you do the next right thing, amazing shit happens in your life. My new book came today. "I AM THAT" Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj... time to start reading. love you all.
congratulations man!! was sad to see you going through your troubles those months ago, good to see how well things are going. no sugar no caffeine?! that sounds impossible for me lol
Old 05-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #5861
Free Radical
Drug User

Love you back, Kev.

I'm not really dieting, and right now I got this amazing piece of hash given by a friend, so I'm not clean, and right now I'm drinking energy drink shit. But I eat a bit less and more healthy and exercise a bit more, and in stead of gaining weight I am now slowly losing it.

You know, we could talk about the DDP. That shit is awesome. I hope T&G survive the Stan tour in one piece. Can't wait 'till they're in Holland.

Last edited by Free Radical; 05-23-2012 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: forgot bOnana
Old 05-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #5862
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
Love you back, Kev.

I'm not really dieting, and right now I got this amazing piece of hash given by a friend, so I'm not clean, and right now I'm drinking energy drink shit. But I eat a bit less and more healthy and exercise a bit more, and in stead of gaining weight I am now slowly losing it.

You know, we could talk about the DDP. That shit is awesome. I hope T&G survive the Stan tour in one piece. Can't wait 'till they're in Holland.
I missed the DDP in Minneapolis... no money after being in treatment for months.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #5863
Luigitoilet

I just smoked a bong while taking a shit. it was really satisfying. yep, that's my life.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #5864
Free Radical
Drug User

hehehe, now I know what you look like I can picture it.
Yeah, smoking shit goes well with taking (a) shit while not giving a shit for me too.

Does anyone know what "pericolian" is?
Old 05-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #5865
Free Radical
Drug User

Yesterday, I wrote a mail telling that I am going to stop working for the youth society (a.k.a. my second home for over 14 years) for a while.

Today it feels like I'm abandoning a good friend in time of need, even knowing that there's nothing good you can do for him (and do I know how that feels).

But it just feels like all the energy I pour into it is squandered, and it was starting to get to me. No, starting was a quite a while ago. It got to me.
I also doubt my colleagues will be able to stop it from going under, and I just want to be able to enjoy the last months of it's existence.

Also, you guys should all go watch and tweet and FB and tumblr this video TODAY, it can help win T&G's DDP to win $30,000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Vg9bBPP4ia0
Old 06-14-2012, 01:43 AM   #5866
Luigitoilet

I've been writing a ton of music lately. I'm trying to get my band's first full length written and I wanna get recording before the year is over. I'm pretty satisfied where I am at life but I still go through really bad mood swings and sometimes get crushingly depressed or hateful or angry for no reason at all. it's something I kinda just learned to live with and it's not half as bad as it used to be.

anyways, we just got our first T-shirts in and i am stoked!!

http://contactingnebulas.bigcartel.c...images-t-shirt

I'm excited for our new music. It's turning out to be much more difficult but more rewarding.

there's a pretty decent audio quality video of the first time we played a new song

http://youtu.be/UIlgDJnRLWI

we played it kinda badly but it sounds pretty decent anyways!i think so at least. when we get it tighter it will rocksox imo. i was happy because it's the first time I've ever really played something that was almost entirely my own for people as I wrote like 90% of it.

mostly I'm just addicted to playing shows. they are like therapy for me. 1,000,000 times more fun than recording.

Last edited by Luigitoilet; 06-14-2012 at 01:51 AM..
Old 06-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #5867
HorsetheDan

Amazing music so far LuigiToilet I bought your 3 track EP and I'll be sure to pick up a shirt with my next paycheck as well. I've been going the a tough time lately I'm getting ready to deploy with my National Guard Unit. My parents are moving when I'm gone which forces me in a position to move out and find my own apartment. I've been arguing with my girlfriend about almost everything. She's pretty hard to get along with I'm not going to lie. She's mad bc i wont go out with her to the bars anymore bc everytime we go out its just guy after guy hitting on her and its just annoying to deal with. Plus I'm not one to dance and mingle with other people I would rather go with my friends and just sit at the bar and relax. sorry to go on a rant but alot of shit just bothers me right now.
HorsetheDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #5868
Luigitoilet

Thanks a ton man!! appreciate the support.

I can also feel your ills with your girlfriend and going out. I'm not the most sociable person. honestly I don't like going to bars/clubs period unless I'm seeing a certain musician and it is pretty frustrating when someone really wants to push you into doing it
Old 06-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #5869
HorsetheDan

I guess its just a bad time to be dating. I cant wait to get my own place and just do whatever i want to do lol.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #5870
Free Radical
Drug User

Heheh. Good for you, LuigiT.
I myself have recently started playing with other people. For now we'll just be the jamgroup of the youth society I work for, but some people are at least open to the possibilty of it becoming more. We'll see.

Dan: I have an open relationship with my love, but that doesn't mean that it would annoy me to if every time we went out they would hit on her. I'm kinda ok with the hitting-on, but, when they just flat-out pretend that I'm not there or stuff like that...I'm kinda like, fuck this... I'm gonna go.
As for going out in general, it's not my favourite cup of tea, but that's mostly because I have a hard time following conversations in noisy areas. And most of the time the conversations are not worth following anyway, so meh.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #5871
HorsetheDan

My GF lives in her own world. What she sees as guys being "Friendly" myself and the rest of my friends see as getting hit on. I know she loves the attention or else she wouldn't go out and dance like the way she does. My friends dont really like her in the first place. What would you guys do if you guys found out that your best friends didn't like the girl you are dating?
Old 06-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #5872
Dervillian

Hi guys!
Over the past few Months I gathered some guys to form a new Band with me, which is pretty cool because I missed playing Keys.

Recently we found some new guy to play Guitar and are hoping he will stay.
We also recorded an EP of us practicing, with the help of a friend.
http://soundcloud.com/voodoobasement...uids-fu-whale/
It would be really cool if you guys would give it a try and tell me what you think

// so, what happened to Kev and Moreno?
Dervillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:54 AM   #5873
Luigitoilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervillian View Post
Hi guys!
Over the past few Months I gathered some guys to form a new Band with me, which is pretty cool because I missed playing Keys.

It would be really cool if you guys would give it a try and tell me what you think

this is crazy haha! I like the style you're going for. I like the old kind of cheesy sound to the various synth sounds. it's kind of repetitive at times but good chill jamming music
Old 06-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #5874
Dervillian

thank you, man

If we´re lucky we might expand our time for practicing and can play some real shows. That would be cool and scary
Old 06-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #5875
moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervillian View Post
Hi guys!

I'm right here, safe and sound hahahahaha haven't used this board in quite a while though.

A couple of nights I got home piss drunk after playing beer pong with my friends, then THIS happened, I was all ready to get some sleep when I checked facebook one more time (plain habit ... lame habit btw).

HTB's post on their page about their latinamerican tour this november, right now I'm so excited
moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #5876
moreno1

Besides that, what is on my mind are books, my job where I've been working since October, my girlfriend, and the typical summer blockbusters

Since a couple of months ago I've been reading A LOT, I may have read in two months what I didn't my whole lif, my suggestions to you are these :

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Rant from Palahniuk (the guy from fight club)
The Catcher in the Rye
and right now I'm stuck with 100 Years of Solitud from Gabriel Garcia Marquez

And about movies:

Avengers : blew my mind (cliché/hollywood x 100,/dumb or not, I loved it, watched it two times, regret not watching it three, it was so larger than lif, a few scenes were kind of slow, but overall, it was BIG, especially the last third of the movie

Prometheus : I liked it , it's definitely not this summer's movie, but it's not bad either; they kind of copied the original alien's formula, like the guys from the hangover did with the second one, and that really works, but that's at the same time one of it's flaws, it repeats itself so much. i don't know if it's because I watchet Alien a couple of weeks ago to get the feeling, but it's just the 1. mission explained 2.mission arrives 3.- mission explores 4. mission backfires 5.mission gets the fuck out 6.credits

Men in Black III : this may be the one that gives me more shit, but amazingly this may be my movie of the summer, I know it is just another hollywood project to rip people's money off, but I don't care, they pull it off great, it had great comedy, great action, it had HEART (I don't cry at the movies, and I didn't this time, because my girlfriend would laugh at me so much, she did cry by the way ... a lot, but I was CLOSE), and it had an awesome ending.

Can't wait to see The Dark Knight Rises

So, I've been out of this board quite alot, but this kind of summarizes what has been on my mind in the last couple of months, I may be chillin' with HTB in november, I'm happy, Heart of Darkness is on my to-read list (already bought it), and overall lif is really good.

I hope you guys are doing great aswell, I think i will keep writing here once again, kind of missed it, but if you guys want to check my tumblr or something, that's where I post funny/serious/random shit http://anegrao.tumblr.com/, you are welcome

Peace, yo!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #5877
Dervillian

Rant and Survivor are Palahniuk´s best books
Old 06-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #5878
moreno1

Is this thing something new or has it been all the time there?

Old 06-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #5879
Free Radical
Drug User

It's something new, as far as I know, although not very recent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsetheDan View Post
What would you guys do if you guys found out that your best friends didn't like the girl you are dating?
I would tell them to find me a better one.

Last edited by Free Radical; 06-19-2012 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: Addition
Old 06-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #5880
Free Radical
Drug User

My ongoing quest to attach tags to all threads.
Fiscal/financial issues because for some reason the treasury/fiscus thought it was funny to incorrectly enter into their database that I also, like my girlfriend, earn 18,000 euro/year, while telling me that they've correctly set my income at 0. Then later reducing our allowances and billing us for allowances paid to us, based on the assumption that we have twice as much money than we actually have.

Last edited by Free Radical; 06-21-2012 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: translation correction