SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Site Related > Issues, Suggestions, Enhancements

Issues, Suggestions, Enhancements any forum issues, complaints, suggestions, or enhancement requests.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
UGH

Multi-quote....

....function doesn't work. Also, what's with the funky "Warning: touch()...." message in the header at the top of the screen?
UGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
siN
Administrator

Rep Power: 10 siN has a reputation beyond reputesiN has a reputation beyond reputesiN has a reputation beyond reputesiN has a reputation beyond reputesiN has a reputation beyond reputesiN has a reputation beyond reputesiN has a reputation beyond reputesiN has a reputation beyond reputesiN has a reputation beyond reputesiN has a reputation beyond reputesiN has a reputation beyond repute
can you take a SS of the error or paste the full message here? additionally, what page(s) are you seeing it on?

MQ works for me..hm..
siN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
PsychoNavigator
Just hangin' out bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGH View Post
....function doesn't work. Also, what's with the funky "Warning: touch()...." message in the header at the top of the screen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by siN View Post
can you take a SS of the error or paste the full message here? additionally, what page(s) are you seeing it on?

MQ works for me..hm..
Working here on Firefox 12 (Aurora).
PsychoNavigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
UGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by siN View Post

MQ works for me..hm..
Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file /tmp/x80190x801901ddd/208.89.76.193.log because Permission denied in [path]/includes/functions.php(5737) : eval()'d code on line 276

It's at the top of the page no matter where I go....plus I just tried to multi-quote you and Psycho and it ain't letting me in boss.

Edit: I'm posting from a library in Floriduh lately, if that helps.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #5
PsychoNavigator
Just hangin' out bro

Quote:
Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file /tmp/x80190x801901ddd/208.89.76.193.log because Permission denied in [path]/includes/functions.php(5737) : eval()'d code on line 276

It's at the top of the page no matter where I go....plus I just tried to multi-quote you and Psycho and it ain't letting me in boss.

Edit: I'm posting from a library in Floriduh lately, if that helps.
Try it from another location. Odds are that your library has a filter installed that is fucking with your access here. If you have a smart phone and there is wifi there, try using your phone to browse the site.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
UGH

Well, it's not actually causing any problems with browsing the site persay (although it is the only site that I visit where said message is visible). More of just a heads up for youse guys....especially considering "the troubles" lately.

Brown-nosing that ass,
UGH

Last edited by UGH; 02-24-2012 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: said, persay
Old 02-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
PsychoNavigator
Just hangin' out bro

I get that, but the thing is that filters don't have to block entire sites across the board, they can block scripts necessary for things like multiquote or redirects or an other number of things.

The problems we had recently were due to data corruption on two hard drives in the RAID array. The only reason the site had a few days with no database and everyone having to create new accounts was because they had believed the backup was lost as well. The back up was recovered and some upgrades were made, but this site is running just as normally as any other.

A lot of public libraries use filters to block potentially bad elements, java, flash, etc. It doesn't have to block entire sites.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #8
UGH

I'm not gonna pretend most of that didn't just go right over my head but, I do feel more fully informed and that can only be a good thing. Mahzeltov
Old 02-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #9
PsychoNavigator
Just hangin' out bro

Quote:
I'm not gonna pretend most of that didn't just go right over my head but, I do feel more fully informed and that can only be a good thing. Mahzeltov
L'chaim! Yeah simplest way of going about it that you're probably on a network that has filters that prevent some things from working properly as they are believed to create vulnerabilities if left enabled.

The filter could either be installed locally on the computer or network based.

Your best bet is to just try it at an internet cafe or some shit. Of course that shit ain't free, but least you ain't getting your internet fucked with like they do at libraries.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #10
PsychoNavigator
Just hangin' out bro

Quote:
L'chaim! Yeah simplest way of going about it that you're probably on a network that has filters that prevent some things from working properly as they are believed to create vulnerabilities if left enabled.

Assume you've got a strainer that lets the water drain through but catches certain particulates. Same thing really.

The filter could either be installed locally on the computer or network based.

Your best bet is to just try it at an internet cafe or some shit. Of course that shit ain't free, but least you ain't getting your internet fucked with like they do at libraries.