SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Cattle Decapitation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Cattle Decapitation Website

Old 11-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
butthole

butthole is on a distinguished road
Cattle Decapitation NEW ALBUM WRITING announcement!

Cattle Decapitation new album writing update announcement! (Video available)

In November 2010 Cattle Decapitation returned home from headlining The California Blood Tour and decided to take the next year off and immediately began writing the follow up to their critically-acclaimed 2009 release “The Harvest Floor”.

The band has been holed up in the confines of their rehearsal studio in National City, California ever since and are preparing to unleash a new slab of human-dissecting carnage for a Spring 2012 release via Metal Blade Records. The band will be recording in January/February in Denver, Colorado at FLATLINE AUDIO with producer/engineer DAVE OTERO (Cephalic Carnage, Catheter, Trivium) and will play a small handful of shows on the way out to Denver showcasing their new material.

Artist WES BENSCOTER is again on board to deliver more breathtaking GOREgeousness to the album cover as he has done on our past 4 releases. We will be announcing the album title, cover image and concept in the next few months.

Here’s what guitarist Josh Elmore has to say about the new material:
"As it comes down to the home stretch before recording, we have been focusing on getting the last two songs written as well as refining and tightening the tracks which are already completed. The overwhelming impression I get from this new batch of tunes is that they have benefitted greatly from a more streamlined approach to composition and song structure. A lot of these songs are very "to-the-point" with just enough embellishment to keep them dynamic, whilst avoiding sinking into some bells-and-whistles mire. Lean and mean.

There will be no forays in 8-string djentiness and none of us bought v-neck shirts or deck shoes to "modernize" our sound and look, respectively. Expect some riffy, ripping blackened deathgrind with nods to our past work and tastes of what's to come. These songs are going to be a blast to play live and we are anxious to have these recorded and get on the road to play them for you."

The band’s friend who simply goes by the tag “T-R3X” has provided a quick teaser video available below showing the band hard at work on new material!

http://youtu.be/iuBV3EHBQ6c

The band will be playing a ton of new material as well as some old gems at the following shows on their way out to the recording destination:
1/4/2012 – PHOENIX, AZ @ The Clubhouse
1/5/2012 – ALBUQUERQUE, NM @ The Launchpad
1/6/2012 – DENVER, CO @ The Marquis Theater

To keep up with updates AS they happen, LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! Travis issues all sorts of updates, inside stories and exclusive items of interest every day!
www.facebook.com/cattledecapitation
butthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
Nev

Nev is on a distinguished road
nice
Nev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
VargII

VargII is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by butthole View Post

There will be no forays in 8-string djentiness and none of us bought v-neck shirts or deck shoes to "modernize" our sound and look, respectively.

lol, good call djentlemen.
VargII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
DrBusey

DrBusey is on a distinguished road
I would laugh until I peed myself if you guys would dress core as a joke
DrBusey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
ShittCuntt
Loop Panic

ShittCuntt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by butthole View Post
none of us bought v-neck shirts or deck shoes to "modernize" our sound and look
I cant think of anything worse in metal than the v-neck ! ... It does not belong
ShittCuntt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
Caninus Crew
Buster Bluth

Caninus Crew is on a distinguished road
Do you guys have someone doing a studio video for this album? I've got a good video camera, could easily drive to Denver to film some stuff.
Caninus Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:20 AM   #7
PsychoNavigator
Just hangin' out bro

PsychoNavigator is on a distinguished road
As usual, I don't expect to be disappointed at all. The almighty Cattle has constantly evolved from album to album.

This is just simply great stuff to hear.

Glad to know Benscoter is back on the job again. Honeslty, I can't imagine anyone doing the artwork. It's one thing I hope never changes.
PsychoNavigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #8
PsychoNavigator
Just hangin' out bro

PsychoNavigator is on a distinguished road
Nigga, you high. I fully expect to hear some dubstep wobble all over that shit.
PsychoNavigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #9
Soy drummer

Soy drummer is on a distinguished road
probably not the right thread - sue me.
I'm Doug formerly of Peruke which of course none of you have heard of and was wondering if you guys have any 2012 touring plans yet. I'm guessing if you guys made it up the PNW way, it probably wouldn't be until summer at the absolute earliest. (manoman if you cats could make it across the border to Vancouver, that would be really special). I can't wait till then to hear the new shit, though, so I guess it looks like I'm gonna have to drive all the fucking way down to Denver on the 6th from Victoria BC so I can show off my flying ninja kicks and shit. (just kidding - I don't that). So what's this I hear on a different messageboard that you guys have shortlisted four possible album titles for the new one: "Syzygial Teletubbie Miscreancy", "Abbatoir and Costello: The Herding of All Those Fucking Nerf Footballs!" or "Ok - Sauerkraut......Fucking NOBODY Likes That Vinagar-y, Disguisting Shit."
So - which one, then?
Soy drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #10
SlayerDeath93
Hooters on Mars

SlayerDeath93 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soy drummer View Post
probably not the right thread - sue me.
I'm Doug formerly of Peruke which of course none of you have heard of and was wondering if you guys have any 2012 touring plans yet. I'm guessing if you guys made it up the PNW way, it probably wouldn't be until summer at the absolute earliest. (manoman if you cats could make it across the border to Vancouver, that would be really special). I can't wait till then to hear the new shit, though, so I guess it looks like I'm gonna have to drive all the fucking way down to Denver on the 6th from Victoria BC so I can show off my flying ninja kicks and shit. (just kidding - I don't that). So what's this I hear on a different messageboard that you guys have shortlisted four possible album titles for the new one: "Syzygial Teletubbie Miscreancy", "Abbatoir and Costello: The Herding of All Those Fucking Nerf Footballs!" or "Ok - Sauerkraut......Fucking NOBODY Likes That Vinagar-y, Disguisting Shit."
So - which one, then?
What?
SlayerDeath93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #11
butthole

butthole is on a distinguished road
hahaha.. Yeah, wtf?!?!

Canada is sketchy right now... I'm past the 10 year mark on my "dui" and the last time we were up there getting hassled about it, they told me either to go home and get a pardon or just to wait until after 10 years have passed and then it comes off their computer system. I've heard that works and I've heard they're full of shit so I don't know what to think. Derek has the exact same thing on his record which was about 7 yrs ago and the last time he tried going up there, he got denied. They threatened me with jail if I attempted to go again without getting a pardon but that would be before the 10 year mark. SO we don't know what to think really. We might need to get Rah to help us again and teach him the set in order to even go to Canada. Fucking sucks. Canada and Australia are the two places we have people requesting us to come to daily and can't seem to make it to either place... although, we've been to canada a bunch of times, I just have to pay $250 every time. Hopefully we'll figure all that out soon but as for now, we have a ton of other shit on our plate to take care of.

And just for the record... the process for getting a pardon is a joke. The criteria for it screams "LOOK, JUST DON'T COME HERE, OK?" Seriously. Its insane. Took Chris Arp like a year and a half to take care of his.
butthole is offline   Reply With Quote