SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Between The Buried And Me > General Chat

Old 02-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #31
Nun Stampede!
Lives in a houseboat

Nun Stampede! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by prayer View Post
He would have to get airlift there by private helicopter, then toted on snowmobile. The 550-foot long half pipe is 7 miles from Silverton, a ski resort with the most advanced terrain in America, no groomed runs, and only one lift chair. To pile up the snow—250,000 cubic yards worth—Red Bull took one of their private helicopters around and dropped about 30 satchels of explosives that weighed 25 pounds each into surrounding inclines, triggering slides that would gather up at the bottom. They hired Frank Welsh, the world's best pipe shaper, to carve out the final shape.

Next, Red Bull constructed a foam pit from 8,000 pounds of steel and about 7,000 foam blocks that Shaun could flip into when trying new rotational combinations like his Double McTwist. They hauled up the thing on a truck and then when the truck couldn't get any further, snow cats.

My girls brother built the foam pit and has a piece of foam from it in his room. I found that out last night while watching the superpipe with his family. The craziest thing about the Double McTwist was that it was in a run after he already knew he had won. I know the pipe is mundane, but that really makes it all about style. One of the Japanese competitors did the double cork and 900s in completely different body motions than everyone else and Shaun White was just getting 5 more feet air than anyone else. However, you know that in 2014 everybody is going to be doing Double McTwist and the same shit is going to happen, cause Shaun White is going to qualify first, get to go last, watch for a while, and then shit on the competition with a triple backflip while eating sandwich and hitting on a white girl in the crowd.
Nun Stampede! is offline   Reply With Quote