SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Black Metal Discussion

Black Metal Discussion corpse paint sold separately

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2004, 01:45 AM   #1
dark dust

Euronymous' guitar technique.

Yeah, I've posted this topic at some other metal board. But since no one really helped and chose to comment on lack of orginality and saying Euronymous was horrible, I figured I would get more help from an actual Mayhem board.

I've been playing guitar for about a year now, and I'm starting to develop some skill at it. I decided now was the time to get more serious about finding a guitar player to influence my style myself.

After listening to Live in Leipzig and De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas an uncountable number of times, and heavily reading material concerning Mayhem, Dead, and Euronymous, I decided that I should use Euronymous as a central style, and build on his particular style and add more range.

But after looking through several websites, I have not found anything about his style aside from the odd 'necro' style he played with.

And since he died young, I've never seen any video of Euronymous playing. At the moment I am at a loss. I have no idea how he played his instrument. All I have are recordings of music and a few photos of the man playing.

So I decided to post this topic to see if any of the users here would know of his playing style. This was one of the more likely places I could think of. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
dark dust is offline   Reply With Quote