SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Anomalous

Anomalous Website

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
tenorbass

Looking for a nice effect unit for live/recording

Hey dudes I will have some coin to play with so I guess this would be a good place to post this with Metastasis being the king gear geek Right now I have a Line 6 DM 4 distortion modeler and line 6 delay modeler. With my 200$ in pocket and these 2 boxs I have about 500$ to spend

So What should I but? I need a multi effects system with an amazing Death Metal distortion but also alot of tones to play with. A nice delay with tap. A pinch shifter would be a nice bonus also and a wah/ filter. Any this else is a plus.

I was thinking of mybe a Line 6 pod mybe a Boss Gt-8?
tenorbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
Metastasis

Within your price range, the Line 6 Pod xt might work for you. It has plenty of effects, and you can squeeze out some pretty good tone. Though, it does not have a foot pedal for the pitch shifting or wah. Maybe you can get a Digitech Wammy pedal that features pitch shifting abilities.

As far as live, nothing tops tubes and rackmounted gear; compression, EQ, multi effects/reverb unit, sonic max. That will cost you though, so you'll have to try to squueze some chunk out of the Line 6...and it can be done. Meshuggah uses Line 6 Pro rackmounts and plug directly into the mixer. It sounds awesome.
Metastasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
tenorbass

I think my Guitar center had a sale on the rack mount. It was like 400$ for a used one I might look into it. I think I will put down the exta money down for the rack mount. Is the distortion settings good on the rack mount? I am looking for a Decrepit birth/ Disgorge/ Severed Savior kinda tone.

Edit- I was looking around and saw that Ed from Disgorge has the rackmount Pod Pro were the new pod rack mount is the Pod XT pro. Witch one is better? Its alot easier to find a Pod Pro Xt but is it better?

Edit 2- I was looking around and found some samples of the Boss GT-8 that a friend made. I am really digging the looks of this one. It seems like it might be a bit to much of pedal foot tapping live. Any imput on it would be great. I am thinking this is the one I will go with. Any info on it would be great.

Last edited by tenorbass; 04-12-2007 at 04:58 PM..
Old 04-14-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
Metastasis

I'm not sure about the differences between the POD Pro and Pod xt Pro, but it'll probably be your best bet for digital distortion.

I haven't heard the Gt-8, though.
Metastasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
tenorbass

I am thinking of just picking up a 180$ V amp for doing my at home recording and buying a carvin head and a nice cab for live. I am gonna try all the units out next week but Luke and Matt get nutso tone out of the V amp