Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Cattle Decapitation Website

Old 10-24-2007, 06:59 PM   #1
ChromePeelerRec

ChromePeelerRec is on a distinguished road
last copies of TRAVIS RYAN / DEATH BY A THOUSAND CUTS cd available

TRAVIS RYAN/DEATH BY A THOUSAND CUTS CD
Chrome Peeler Records

One of the more interesting pairings of harsh, electronic horror, upstart noise duo Death By A Thousand Cuts team up with Cattle Decapitation vocalist Travis Ryan to transmit an hour of grim, nightmarish drone noise. Travis Ryan's four tracks open the disc with an edgy, paranoid ambience that mixes environmental buzzes and electronic hum with blurry theremin melodies and hushed buzzsaw tones, evoking the faint but discernible hum of electricity you feel when standing at the edge of an urban landscape in the middle of the night. Occasionally Ryan's droning dread lurches into a staticky overload that recalls the chopped up circuit burn of John Wiese, but more often drifts through a halogen-lit dreamworld similiar to a grittier, urban take on Glass Throat Records atmospherics.

The other side of this split is haunted by Death By A Thousand Cut's nightmarish free electronic designs. DBATC's industrial hallucinations are conjured from noxious bass sinewaves and cloudy keyboard drones, curling upwards out of metal-on-metal carnage and blasts of laser-beam effects pedal violence, and the music becomes strangely beautiful, especially with the cosmic, Troum-meets-Bastard Noise insectoid frequencies of the final track "Approach Of The Black Claw". The disc is a professionally printed CD with track listings and info on the CD face, and comes packaged in a handmade, spraypainted CD wallet with a full color xerox horror sticker sealing the sleeve shut. Limited edition of 300.

www.myspace.com/deathbyathousandcuts
www.myspace.com/cattledecapitation
www.myspace.com/chromepeeler

AVAILABLE NOW FROM WWW.CHROMEPEELER.COM OR PAYPAL $7 TO JLZ783(AT)AOL(DOT)COM
ChromePeelerRec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
Caninus Crew
Buster Bluth

Caninus Crew is on a distinguished road
ordered. shipping might be fucked up with the fires and all.
Caninus Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:47 AM   #3
Bleeder
MANIMAL

Bleeder is on a distinguished road
done and done.
Bleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
ChromePeelerRec

Your cds have been shipped

Thanks dudes, your cds should be arriving in a day or two.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
Caninus Crew
Buster Bluth

awesome, thanks. can't wait to deafen myself listening to it.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:42 PM   #6
butthole

butthole is on a distinguished road
Listen to it fairly loudly on a system that has big speakers. Its cooler if you can take the screens off the speakers too so you can watch em go nuts.
butthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #7
Bleeder
MANIMAL

hell yes, im gonna play this on my car system until blood gushes from my ears haha.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:05 PM   #8
Caninus Crew
Buster Bluth

speak of the devil, cd just came in the mail today. saving the first run til about 2am when i can fully experience it.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:46 AM   #9
Bleeder
MANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caninus Crew View Post
speak of the devil, cd just came in the mail today. saving the first run til about 2am when i can fully experience it.
awesome, hopefully mine will come tomorrow or wed.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:11 PM   #10
Bleeder
MANIMAL

wooo, just got mine in the mail! good shit.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:59 PM   #11
Caninus Crew
Buster Bluth

travis, what the fuck did your parents do to you. the song "it's a miserable life" is just fucked up. i had never heard that guy's full confession, only had heard the cannibal corpse part. pretty sickening. so i listened last night with some solid earbuds in, and wow dude. there was a bunch of subaudible noised that just rocked my whole head. also, really enjoyed the parts where you would play with the fade and balance on bass, so it would sound like it was only coming from front left.
also i know it says you only used a bass in track 1, no other instruments, but does this include vocals? i swear in the 5/5 album mystique i can hear a woman, sorta like a siren's cry, and i hear similar stuff in track 2 of this split.
also, i fell asleep and i think the cd was just looping, but way to wake me up by scaring the shit out of me at the end of track 3 i think, where there's about 8 different bass tones all blasting at the same time.
haven't listened to the dbatc stuff too much, but i definitely recommend spending 6 bucks or whatever on this. definitely worth it.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:08 PM   #12
Bleeder
MANIMAL

this shit is a trip on surrond sound, especially the knocking/thumping in the beginning of track 1.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:05 PM   #13
Caninus Crew
Buster Bluth

travis probably put some fucked up subliminal messages in track 1 if you play it backwards haha.
what is the serial killer's name that is speaking?
also, anyone seen "henry: portrait of a serial killer?" it's a mid 80's movie, with Michael Rooker, you would recognize him. now that movie is fucked up.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:25 PM   #14
butthole

That's Arthur Shawcross and you're right, its the same confessional tape from Cannibal Corpse's Tomb Of the Mutilated album. I used the whole confessional tape minus the part where he says "I just took that knife and cut her from her neck down to her anus..." etc...

What did my parents do to me? Nothing. I have amazing parents. They did however send me to Catholic school from kindergarten to 8th grade... THERE'S YOUR ANSWER! haha...

That thumping sound bleeder referred to is just a natural pop at the end of the loop. Its because of the dubaudible tones, its different in ever system.

The bass guitar is really the only instrument used on those recordings. Everything else is mainly manipulation of the -30db tone (or whatever it was, I can't even remember now) and feedback.

I believe that really noisy loud one(can't remember the name right now) was a remix of a KK Null track.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:25 AM   #15
Bleeder
MANIMAL

i didn't know what was going on at first haha. the thumping was coming from the back left speaker, which was behind me at the time. i thought it was at my house until i started fucking with the volume.

by the way, how do you manage to get some of these fucked up tones?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:05 PM   #16
butthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeder View Post
i didn't know what was going on at first haha. the thumping was coming from the back left speaker, which was behind me at the time. i thought it was at my house until i started fucking with the volume.

by the way, how do you manage to get some of these fucked up tones?
I just took it from this CD my old noise band UUM released. At the end of the disc theres like a 10 min space that just has that tone and at the end of the tone it has the recording of when I was on MTVs "Loveline" show... hahaha... I made up a story about how I got in a bike accident when I was a kid and it fucked up the tip of my dick and ever since then I pee in different directions and shit..hahahaha... I was even on a follow up episode to kick off their next season!!! It was all call-in stuff so nobody knows it was me, but I've had numerous people say they remember that episode or heard the story..hahah... MTV, the show and the crowd ate that shit up. The band is called UUM and the album was called "Silla Sonida: Public Humiliation For the Well-tempered Speaker". Its a horrible album. On Vinyl Communications.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #17
ShittCuntt
Loop Panic

ShittCuntt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by butthole View Post
The band is called UUM and the album was called "Silla Sonida: Public Humiliation For the Well-tempered Speaker". Its a horrible album. On Vinyl Communications.

LIAR ! - EVERYONE SHOULD OWN THIS ALBUM !!!
ShittCuntt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #18
Bleeder
MANIMAL

interesting. and lol @ the loveline thing, that is just plain awesome. i need to hear that.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #19
ChromePeelerRec

You can now download the album @ www(dot)chromepeelerrecords(dot)bandcamp(dot)com/album/travis-ryan-death-by-a-thousand-cuts
Old 07-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #20
butthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromePeelerRec View Post
You can now download the album @ www(dot)chromepeelerrecords(dot)bandcamp(dot)com/album/travis-ryan-death-by-a-thousand-cuts
Track 4 features and is dedicated to Psychonavigator. Based on original recordings from 1995 or so of him and I in a brand new, but empty at the time, water tower.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #21
PsychoNavigator
Just hangin' out bro

PsychoNavigator is on a distinguished road
Shit made me cry when I saw that, for real. Thank you. It was fucking treat to hear it again after so many years.

Some interesting times out there in the hills.

And as far as Travis's parents go, they are very fucking awesome people, and even if they didn't understand what Travis was doing, they were pretty supportive of his creativity. Travis definitely gets his sense of humor from his dad, though. Brilliant dude with great principles and took no shit.

I'd actually say that it was done around 92 or 93, before you moved schools.

Last edited by PsychoNavigator; 07-22-2011 at 11:43 PM.
PsychoNavigator is offline   Reply With Quote